• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skin Section - Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
One of the things that make it difficult to find appropiate skins you are looking for is that ppl name their skins usually with names completely unrelated to the skin's model.

So what I propose is that each skins gets allocated which model it is for.
So e.g. if someone wants to find a cool Blademaster skin, they can simply narrow the searches down to Blademaster.

Im not sure the best way to do this, but perhaps a dropdown dialogue bar, where you pick race, then specific unit.

So just to clarify if youre not sure what I mean.
An easy method of searching for specific model skins
e.g. Dreadlord, Deathknight, Demon Hunter etc. etc.

thx

Level 12
You can only search for a theme if you already know which themes exist in the database, or are atleast aware of what roughly the skin would be called.

Say you want an evil Shadow Hunter skin, what do you type in to narrow search?
What name did the author choose> Evil Shadow Hunter, Undead Voodoo Master?
But yet theres one called Dream Eater, how could you possibly know that?
Maybe author placed it the Undead, Demons or still under Orc sections.

Only way to find out is to manually browse each section and search through alot of skins to be sure.

=====

Or say you just out of curiosity would like to see what skins have been made for a Pitlord, just click on Pitlord and boom, shows you his skins.

=====

I realise that this would probably be alot of work for Ralle, and well its no big deal, the current skin section is definetly good so far, but a little upgrade would be great.

thx

Level 32
The problem of users assigning improper or inaccurate titles to their creations applies right across the board, not just to textures. In my opinion it would be very helpful if all resource submitters would simply provide complete, detailed descriptions for each individual resource: that would undoubtedly go a long way toward solving this problem. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect world.

As the resource section(s) continue to evolve changes may still be made based on past and current experience. The present label system is still being developed: hopefully over time, it will become more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.