• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skins for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hello so far love the update and some of my feedbacks like the search system.
don't know if this occurs to all but when im viewing a custom skin, it doesn't apply on the model, and can you put back the option when viewing a Skin which includes all models on the database that uses that texture path? sorry for my bad english
more power to Hive!

Level 10
Its not displayed poorly but the skin doesnt apply at all on the model.
Its not just this, i mean other skins too with correct skin path

Level 34
i know this is kinda off-topic, but since you guys are talking about skins, would it be possible to fix or add the texture paths of many of the uploaded textures on the skin section that have a wrong path? i would like to preview them before downloading them but because wrong paths it's impossible.

Level 10
im on mobile rn got no access to a laptop or pc atm and maybe its just bcoz im on my phone that the models took to long or just dont load up but the list of models using that texture are there now 👍
i know this is kinda off-topic, but since you guys are talking about skins, would it be possible to fix or add the texture paths of many of the uploaded textures on the skin section that have a wrong path? i would like to preview them before downloading them but because wrong paths it's impossible.
yea i included that in my reviews before the jump to new site version. Im doing that too before downloading

Level 10
Now i think the 3d viewer in mobile version is stuck in loading a model.
Screenshot_2021-03-31-21-16-05_copy_540x919.png

Level 10
uhmm Ralle, anything u can do to fix the 3D Viewer for mobile?? Its not loading models at all
and in my other phone, it loads the model but the mesh (dont know what to really call it) are spazzing out. Ive tried other models but all have same results

Level 10
I use androids then using Google and Chrome.
In chrome the model wont load.
In google the model load but spazzes out that it doesnt recognizable anymore
is it from them you think?? If it is, guess ill just let it be and wait til i get home from work

Level 29
Just checked on an old Samsung Galaxy S5, and it has no issues with both classic and HD models as far as I can tell (aside from it being a phone and having poor rendering quality in general).

I would need to see errors, which is somewhat problematic to do directly with phones if you are not tech savvy. Essentially it requires to put your phone in debug mode (which requires you to first make it show the hidden developer settings), connect it to your PC with a USB and and use adb (e.g. search for "tiny adb fastboot" for adb if you don't want to download Android's entire SDK), open a tab in your phone Chrome, then in your PC Chrome, if everything worked (as far as I remember there are no more steps, but it's been a while since I've done this), you will be able to open a devtools connection to the phone's Chrome.

A probably easier solution will be for @Ralle to show errors in some graphical way on the page (hidden behind some button or whatever to not spam the page?), and then you can show what errors you get.

Level 10
Wait what. The sanity checker works but not the main viewer?
for me yes
btw, if this aint a big of a deal issue i dont mind if you cant fix it immediately coz i dnt know if its just on side of mine or few others experiencing it too. Kinda felt like im bothering u guys too much now lol

Level 10
Could you try it now.
Still the same stuck in loading (the green line on top of the viewer),
Does the sites model viewer requires an updated chrome in mobile? (Sorry if kinda sound stupid im not really a tech guy)

Level 34
Ralle, one question, why does the "view in 3D option" shows only a limited list of models to preview the skins? the old page used to have a complete list of all the models that used the same texture path when we used that same option :"(
(Also, in some cases, it only shows the portrait model)

Attachments

• InkedCaptura_LI.jpg
    InkedCaptura_LI.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 19

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Ralle, one question, why does the "view in 3D option" shows only a limited list of models to preview the skins? the old page used to have a complete list of all the models that used the same texture path when we used that same option :"(
(Also, in some cases, it only shows the portrait model)
It shows 20 models. The way it's made, it actually downloads all of them. It did so in the past too which is very slow.

A future version would need a more complex search-like system if we want to show more.

I feel like it showcases the texture well enough the way it is now.

Level 10
I wouldn't know, which Chrome are you using? And on Android I suppose?
yes im using android. I have another phone that have an up to date chrome app where the models in the viewer spazzes around
Before i reported this post, it works on both phones smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.