1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(4)Thundering Peaks (Custom Heroes)

Submitted by Scias
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
(4)Thundering Peaks
by Scias

Map Description:

Nobody is certain if the thundering sounds of this mountain come from the never ending fierce wars between the factions taking place here, or from creatures even more fierce than the war itself, that dwell in these high peaks.

Map Info:
This is a custom 116x116 size 4 players map, recommended for 2v2 or FFA gameplay. Each player starts on a high ground area located on each side of the map, with two paths leading out of the base. One of the paths leads towards a green creep camp and further easy progression rewarded by items, while the other path leads to a early expansion which is really close to the main base. There's 4 Merchant Shops located near each players base, defended by orange creep camps. Middle of the map is a large high ground area which contains 2 goldmines that aren't defended by any creeps, however are very exposed, and 4 orange creep camps in each corner - these creep camps are quite rewarding. Goblin Laboratories are located clockwise near the players starting positions. At each corner of the map there is a small mountain peak or island with a goldmine which is protected by red creep camp. There are two Taverns one on west other on east side of the map, located at mid point between the players starting positions.

Map Features:
  • There are total of 10 custom heroes, two new heroes per each race including neutral, created to fit the original Warcraft 3 content to best of my ability. (more info below)
  • Total 14 Gold Mines with 12500 gold each.
  • Easy early expanding being an option from each starting position.
  • Gold mines in middle heavily exposed but not defended by creeps.
  • Hard to reach gold mines in corners of the map with rewarding item drops from red creeps that guard them.
  • Not overly difficult creeping routes allowing for quick progression.

Map Overview:
[​IMG]

Screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Custom Heroes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Creator of the Map:
This is the second map I made, using the same heroes from my previous map since I wanted to play around with them in a smaller map, and with less players.. To give it a bit of a variety. Hoping there's less issues off the start this time, considering mostly all I had to do to implement these heroes was copy paste work.

Known Bugs (no idea how to fix)
- Corpse Digging doesn't seem to work as intended, should consistently create corpses over time. Suggestion: Don't level it up until you need a corpse.
- Corpse Digging icon doesn't show when researched so I put a placeholder passive for a icon.
- Animation Mecha Gnome does when he consumes a tree while Bouncy Rockets is active
- Somethings wrong with King Shredders selection size.
- King Shredders flight animation continues if the duration of Flight Boots ran out while he was on a terrain which he couldn't land onto.

* Credits *
Thanks to:
Models:
Blizzard Entertainment, Em!, SuPa-, Korija2029, Champara Bros, General Frank, CeDiL, EvilCryptLord, CreatorD3292, Boogles, MiniMage, Ergius, EnetheruAnuon, A.R., RavenBlackbird, Misha, Hayate, kellym0, -Grendel, RodOfNOD, UgoUgo, s4nji, dickxunder, Titania, loktar, AndrewOverload519, Callahan, Dmitry Rommel, manasou, DragoonZombie

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment, bigapple90, morbent, Traxamillion, Deathclaw24, 67chrome, AL0NE, Darkfang, The Panda, Xezko, JollyD, Blood Raven, 4eNNightmare, exN, LoDown, Sin'dorei300, Huinipachutli, viiva, Elenai, NFWar, zbc, Juice_F, loktar, CRAZYRUSSIAN, PeeKay, -Berz-, BLazeKraze
Contents

(4)Thundering Peaks (Custom Heroes) (Map)

(4)Thundering Peaks (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
(6)Tortoise Creek (Custom Heroes) As your other (link above), I'll have this Approved. I advise to grouping the altered melee together in one thread but of course it is not mandatory. However, if you decide to upload them separately, you need to find...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    (6)Tortoise Creek (Custom Heroes)
    As your other (link above), I'll have this Approved.

I advise to grouping the altered melee together in one thread but of course it is not mandatory. However, if you decide to upload them separately, you need to find a name for your project to put after/before each map name.
    Melee maps can be uploaded in a different thread each, no biggie.

2. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks,
    Ah I see what you mean, adding the custom maps to one bundle and posting melee separately. This would make the description files easier to make for me and it would just be much better organized. I'll see if I take this project more seriously and feel like making more maps to improve the way I've been uploading them.. And yeah cooler name for the project would be nice in that case, since just adding "(Custom Heroes)" is not very original.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's so that people know what's that about. Like how this looks like:
    Maps | HIVE

4. MadnessTheKey

MadnessTheKey

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map.

5. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Been playing this, and I ported all the heroes to a few other maps... very fun stuff, exploring the orc heroes so far. Great stuff!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  6. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks man! I'd love to try out the maps you ported the heroes to, mind sending them to me?

7. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still working on it :) A few icons show green and a few models aren't showing unless I go in and do some edits or figure out something I am missing, but I will send you them once they are done. It is Twisted Meadows, Echo Isles, and another map I forget the name, a city map.

8. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK I have two maps that seem to work 100% as far as models, buttons, etc, and I can add it to any empty map (meaning, no object data, for me all the standard melee maps) in two seconds (so far no issues, any could arise!). How should I send to you so you can test? I only played a few times as orcs. Archer orc is great!

9. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't test the maps atm since I'm traveling, I'll be able to in about a week. You can send me the maps through pastebin, send me a message with the link for the pastebin if you don't wanna share publicly. Thanks, I'm looking forward to playing these maps :)

10. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK I think like this, I don't mind sharing publicly. One map I made, but I don't need credit for anything ever, and it has like 4 or 5 extra models from the dozens I DLed from these forums, hard to say who made them lol

Thundering Peaks Heroes Maps | HIVE

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I clicked on this hoping to see some new Heroes, but that's probably a lot to ask. xD Good to see you making multiple versions with different maps!

I mean, it's nice to be able to do so, but it can't be a requirement, right? Coming up with a good "OVERALL PROJECT NAME" can be quite difficult. (I should know, I've been grappling with that one for a while)

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean like Kam's doing. That way users will automatically know what the map is about.

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ... Yeah, that's exactly what you said & what I too was talking about.

And while it's definitely nice, it's more of a creative flourish plus it's something that can be difficult to come up with (if one is serious about creating a mod), which was my point (e.g. I've been struggling to come up with a name for a long while now).

14. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to trying these out, thanks for sharing and for putting the effort to import the heroes onto other maps!
    There's another map I made with these heroes btw, incase you missed it: (6)Tortoise Creek (Custom Heroes)

Ahh this map was uploaded soon after the first one, I just wanted to play some other maps with these new heroes haha. You must've missed it when it was originally posted.