• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twin Peaks

User who uploaded this Presents

Twin Peaks
Created by normalice

Map Info:
A somewhat standard map. Nothing too peculiar here, with the one exception of the warring bases being in close proximity, but divided by a cliff.

Features:
Taverns, Observatories, Fountains of Health, Merc camps, and goblin shops. One lightly guarded fast expansion mine with 5k. Starting mine has only 7.5k. Corner mines have 25k, but are all on plateaus. Center mine has a marketplace.

The idea is to move operations away from the starting location, but still leave a foothold there to watch each other.

Creep drops are a little quirky but fair, I think.

Screenshots:
Screenshots can be found here.

Author's notes:
This is similar in a number of ways to my other map "The Pit", but with key differences (not to mention the tileset). I made this map at about the same time activity on Battle.net dropped off. So I have been unable to host it except for once, after which time I made somewhat significant modifications.

Updates:
changed corner mines to 25k
changed center mine to a marketplace
modified terrain (hopefully for the better...)

Other work:
Pack

Contents

Twin Peaks (Map)

Reviews
20:05, 3rd Apr 2013 Orcnet: somehow there are no items inside the marketplace, care to fix that? anyways map approved

M

20:05, 3rd Apr 2013
Orcnet: somehow there are no items inside the marketplace, care to fix that? anyways map approved

Level 13
I don't know exactly how the mechanics of a marketplace work, but it seems like it has something to do with the creep drops. I.E. if a level 8 item drops off a creep then a level 8 item will show up in the marketplace. But you have to kill things to get anything to show up at all. I think - again, I don't know how it works