• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R-INVolve - Destrian Chronicles Role Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-INVolve
Roleplaying System

Q:
What is R-INVolve?

A:
R-Involve (Involve) Is a Low impact action response oriented Text Roleplaying system, design to phase out complex rolling systems and random statistics for a more intesive, story based roleplay. By forgoing Stats and dice, we are able to focus on a literary presentation that encourages player to DM interaction on a level like never seen before.

Q:
So does this mean that the DMs make up and control everything?

A:
Yes, the DMs make and control the world, it's inhabitants and it's events. However it's completely up to the players to react to these events and in doing so create a series of 'knock-on' effects that will determine the progression of both world and story through the DM response.

The DM crafts the world and sets events in motion, the players then react to these events and in turn the DM will react to them. This feedback loop will continue, bouncing off dm to player to set the entire game world into a looping feedback of Cause, and Effect, Consiquence

Q:
Does the world take place in a static enviroment, Linear story progression, or is there no linear story at all?

A:
The DM's have created a world, what you do in that world is entirely up to you, they will progress the story according to your actions. Attempt to kill a town governor, fine but there will be consequences. Want to marry someone? There's no rule for it but theres' no rule against it.

Q:
So is this system really no sytem at all?

A:
What defines a system? "a procedure or process for obtaining an objective?"

Then yes, this is a system. It just bypasses all the boring bits.
The system is not held to the text rp, but rather exists outside it.
This should hopefully encourage players to really get into the game, interact through their characters to build not only a relationship with them but with their fellow players and DMs.

Q:
So how does combat work?

A:
Combat is played out in an Action-Response Scenario, The player attempts to make an action, And the DM will respond with the consiquences of his attempt, and each action can hold them on a grand scale, the beauty of the system being that all the depth of the system is held behind the DMs, allowing the players to focus on the adventure at hand.

Q:
So there are no stats? No skills? How do we represent our characters? How do we know how powerful they are!?

A:
The Involve system allows characters to develop in depth and complexity based on the interactions the player makes with his or her enviroment, as players begin to connect to the DMs and other players, they get to understand their own capabilities as the roleplay itself moves, growing a more complex bond between the roleplayers and their 'People' as we call them, and really making the story that much more involved.

It's like real life - you know what your capable of. That connection is developed with your 'Person' as you play.

- Presents -

The Destrian Chronicles
Role playing Thread

Destra, a collection of continents floats atop the waters of an unknown, uncharted world. Ruled by twisted puppets, bloodthirsty warlords, shady elders and self-cursed Gods. It is safe for none, yet a haven for all. There is no good or evil, only the remembered and the forgotten. Will you make a name for yourself on the golden shores of Windloria? Debate phenomenoms with the mage council in Brilmark? Endlessly wander the deserts of Krill, Tyanor and Tukki within the country of Mushara? Or perhaps you'll take on the life of a hermit and make enemies and friends alike as you try to see past this sinister veil that hangs over these strange lands. In Destra only one thing is for sure, every action has its consequence.

Failure, betrayal, love, loss, death, redemption and more awaits you... Choose your side and take up arms, for the darkness has come and this time...

The fate of Destra is truly, in your hands."

Here you can View Active Characters

Race: Karthenian

Description: Chalk-white

Race: Mushasharg

Description: Average tall height hunter, his weight is about average. has average muscles and isn't quite agile. Has a small beard, brown-black short hair.

Race: Farie

Description: 5 feet tall, slightly pale skin, long white hair, deep blue eyes and slightly muscular

Race: Tholm

Description: Jack isn't your average type of male, in fact he is quite feminine. he has long hair witch dye's blond and ties in a knot on the back of his head, he has blue eyes and wears red lipstick. he at all times wears a high hat and some sort of divers glasses. he wears a white shirt and he always has his bag on his side filled whit clockworks and other little inventions of his. he also wear tight black, brown striped trousers, as shoes he wears something that is a combination of normal boots and stiletto's.

Race:
Karthenian

Description:
Middle height hunter, Weighs a little more than average. thin but muscular and fit. strong legs. semi long gray hair. small beard on the chin. a little pale skin color

Race: Tohlm

Description: Middling height, broad-chested, with legs and arms bordering on tree-trunk dimension. His skin is blacker than the average Tohlm. Head is round in shape, and he is bald. Has a black mustache beneath a wide and wrinkled nose.

The Tyanto live in the "Tukki Desert (within Mushara)", they are short, gangly creatures with next to nothing in the category of IQ. They are very boisterous folk and extremely sociable, they are however unbelievably numerous and have outmatched any invaders purely due to their habitat's terrain and vital control of watering hole's and oasis's. They are very tribal, having witch doctors, war masks and using primitive weapons such as bone and poison dipped arrows in their tiny bows. Due to the extreme heat there apparel tends to consist of nothing but loincloths, war paint and/or war masks. There skin is ruddy, golden colour and their eyes are small, beady pools of ink. They have long noses and ears, similar to that of goblins but are undeniably 'cuter' for want of a better word.

SOCIETY

Tyanto's society is relatively simple, much like their state of mind. They live in fixed towns, consisting of tiny, poorly built mud huts and various other materials they can find... or steal. Anything from half a century to near 5,000 can live in one of these settlements, the bigger numbers reserved for the oasis settlements at which there may also be a number of religious buildings and totems for worship.

BELIEFS

The Tyanto do not believe in any one god or even many. There attention span is so short, that even their beliefs can change at a whim, one minute they'll be worshipping Ak'ka'ku'ku the god of mud and the next they'll be worshipping the latest trader as the bringer of 'donkeys', which they ate, much to the merchant's dismay.

The religions are neither fixed to the race as a whole, it's perfectly plausible for the king to worship his own deities and his kingdom worship another set.
Many totems and 'temples' are erected in honour for a few days before being defaced by opposing worshippers or torn down for their new gods.

AVG. HEIGHT
3' - 4'

AVG. WEIGHT
70 - 140 lbs.

SKIN COLOUR
Ruddy Brown to Golden Bronze

OTHER TRAITS

Long ears and noses, Hairless.

A humanoid race, pale skinned, ranging from chalk-white to albino/pale (like we see in Brilmarken or Tholm human race as the lightest) at the darkest. They live in the mountain range of Karthek, in the north west of Brilmark. It's a cold, harsh mountainous region. They live in tribes of around 30 - 50, one male is appointed as a No'ha, the 'spiritual leader', their orders must be obeyed, or opposed via a duel. Females may not be a No'ha or challenge someone/be challenged to a duel. Outsiders/Other races are not permitted to become part of the tribe, or duel a No'ha, though they may duel other tribe members should the No'ha deem it plausible. There physique is relatively short but very robust, especially the males.

The tribes move around a lot, they live in tents and or caves, depending on what is available at the time (e.g. tents if no caves...). The male's are considered the "hunters", though females are not shunned as warriors.
They do a lot of free hand climbing up sheer cliff faces to hunt some of the more evasive avian prey, hence their build.

***The female "discrimination" is due to their rarity, 1 out of 3 children born (which is already very few) are girls, however they are allowed to be warriors due to their lacking numbers, they need everyone to be able to fight.
They usually mate for life, of course due to awful man:woman ratio, many bachelors die 'alone' though due to the nature of tribes as a family it's never quite as bad as a human dying 'alone' not quite so bad.

History:

They have always lived in the harsh peaks of Karthek which overshadow the beautiful highlands. Their origin is unknown, even to them. As such a tribal and scattered race all history is past by word of mouth and therefore it is hard to discern the truth.

Exile:
The person in question is branded with a "Sho'ka" or 'Mark of Shame', no tribe will adopt him/her some may even refuse to acknowledge him/her. Most die as a result of exile, unable to hunt for food alone. A few leave their home behind and make their way to other corners of the world, those these are very few and far between.

AVG. HEIGHT
5' 3'' - 6' 2''

AVG. WEIGHT
120 - 180 lbs.

SKIN COLOUR
Pale

OTHER TRAITS
Cold Hardy.

The Trellians were once a proud people, they stand tall and broad, with mighty physiques. They are sailors by blood and make their home in remnant camps along the East coast of Brilmark, making sure to avoid both the gap and ruined fort of Trell. They are soldiers by nature and are well known for unwavering traits of loyalty and discipline.

AVG. HEIGHT
5' 3'' - 6' 2''

AVG. WEIGHT
120 - 180 lbs

SKIN COLOUR
Pale to Dark

OTHER TRAITS
N/A

The Faeries of Destra are a mysterious people, unlike previous examples of their namesake they are very much 'human' in height and weight, with a slighter figure. The main difference is that women bear wings, though it's said if the wings are the torn the bearer will die. They are attuned to simple arcane magic but are much more comfortable with blades. They have no charted 'home' but are known as wanderers and distrusted by most. Often referred to as the 'Fey'.

AVG. HEIGHT
4' 10" - 5' 2"

AVG. WEIGHT
???

SKIN COLOUR
Ranges, Usually not Pale.

OTHER TRAITS
Females Posses wings.

Occupy the majority of Brilmark, they are farmers, millers and lumberjacks by birth. Masters of trade and commerce, a Brilmarken merchant and diplomat is usually a good one. They are not as peaceful as they may seem, boasting not an army of metal and steel but an advocate of mages, many trained every generation by the academy on the north-east peninsula.

AVG. HEIGHT
5' 3" - 6' 2''

AVG. WEIGHT
120 - 180

SKIN COLOUR
Human.

OTHER TRAITS
N/A

The dark skinned men and women of Tohlm are wise enginneers and powerful warrirors. They have a long heritage with the workings of mighty steam contraptions, and their mighty forge-cities are powered by these mechanations, to others, they are like gods.

AVG. HEIGHT
5' 3'' - 5'' 6

AVG. WEIGHT
120 - 160 lbs

SKIN COLOUR
Dark, reddish-brown, to a light reddish brown.

OTHER TRAITS
Black hair

The legendary 'Lizard Men' Of the Musharan Craglands, the Saurans have, in their eons of life in those constantly shifting lands, become adept climbers, and savage warriors. The saurans have two sub-breeds, the Salamander, and the Diamondback.

While possessing questionable intelligence, these beasts are known to have an animalistic cunning in the face of danger.

Diamondbacks never stop growing until the day they die, and the eldest of the sauran mystics have been seen, and reported to be the size of dragons, although this takes thousands of years, it is what has inspired the musharans to preform peridoic raids against these lizardmen, to destroy the eldest and largest of the warriors.

The salamanders are much smaller, and more numerous, and considerably more intelligent.

SAURAN CHARACTERS MUST BE BELOW 100 YEARS OLD IF THEY ARE DIAMONDBACKS!!
Salamanders live typical human life spans.

AVG. HEIGHT
2' 5" - 8' 6"

AVG. WEIGHT
120 - 700

SKIN COLOUR
Scales and skin of any pattern.

OTHER TRAITS
Heavily scaled, with large frills.

The mysterious musharan peoples of southwest mushara, (properly called the Mushasharg) Have long since stalked the deserts, hunting for the Crystals that grant their clay-forged war machines the power to lay down any foe who would cross them.

They are feared by most who meet them, are few in number, and most are considered paranoid and racist.

They never share their secrets with those outside the Mushasharg.

AVG. HEIGHT
5' 3" - 6' 2"

AVG. WEIGHT
???

SKIN COLOUR
Dark

OTHER TRAITS
Usually sport lots of body hair.

Last edited:
Hvatrúlfr
"Hvatrúlfr? Hvatrúlfr?" A voice echos in the cabin of the transit aeroship. You find yourself bound to the Great City of Nol, for reasons quite your own. "Hvatrúlfr?" The voice calls again. A Pilot. "Mr. Hvatrúlfr, your papers please. We will be landing in approximatly ten minutes. Outlanders must submit their papers.

Burl
You come awake as a Pilot makes a request for papers of your neighbour. The gentle chime of her voice reminds you of home, where your headed. Back to Tohlm.

Level 4
Home. I lean forward to peer through the port-hole. Billowing white clouds give way to a sunlit landscape. The fringes of the city mark the horizon, looming ever closer. I can almost feel the sun-baked stone gliding over my palms, taste the food from the evening market, hear the songs in the street. Has it really been six years? It feels like a dozen more. It's been time enough to change, but memories cast deep roots. I am hopeful. Something I learned during my time away...

Last edited:
Level 4
A lyrical voice not unlike my mother's draws me from my reverie.

"Of course..." My throat catches. My voice is gravelly from little use. I fish through the leather bag, looking, looking. Crumpled maps, loose coins, useless slips of notes. As I recall I handled the document just the night before... There.

"Is this good? My certificate of birth."

I reach across the Karthenian to hand the pilot the emblazoned slip, breathing an exotic scent.

Burl

The slip is taken wordlessly, although the smile fills any silence there would have been without. A moment later it is redeposited back in Burl's Hand. "Thank you so much, all is in order." She stands and moves down the isle. The airship rocks slowly in the thermals from the steam-plants chugging blow. The Aerospire looms above. A voice spills out from a tube above the tightly packed seats. "Attention passengers, we are approximatively ten minutes from the Aerospire, please make sure all of your luggage is accounted for, and have a fine stay!"

OOC: Its Nice to have someone with your level of composure and writing skill join the RP!

Level 4
OOC: Thank you, and great to have someone like yourself as DM!

This is nearly it, as unbelievable as it seems. The air whispers as it skids across the hull. A gentle shock rumbles the craft, the floor vibrating under foot. My lungs sag with building adrenaline. My bowels creep upwards as gravity begins to do its duty...

When I left Tohlm it was by an obscure foot trail on a rainy, overcast night. I cannot even remember the date. I didn't look back. At the time, I could not shake the feeling that twenty hands weighed down my shoulder and pushed me on - away. I had done things I was not proud of, made friends in the wrong places, made enemies of good people. I had no choice but to depart, to vanish from Tohlm eyes into the wilds. It was my first time beyond city limits.

As a kid the Aerospire was a pinnacle that attracted my attention daily, partly because I could never reach it. Too far for my small legs to take me. In later years, I'm not sure what happened. I guess it lost its meaning to me, because I rarely looked up. Not even when my master guided me past the entrance, through the baying and jostling crowds... Soon the Aeroship will be docked, and we will step within the fabled chambers. It seems a thoroughly gracious welcome.

Last edited:
Level 13
I reach for my inner pocket searching for my papers. But they're not there? i must've left them in my other jacket. Luckily i've brought the other jacket with my luggage. "Excuse me! Pilot, excuse me, it seems i've lost my papers in my other jacket, It's with my luggage. May I go and get my other jacket?" Sweat is dripping down my forehead. I hope he'll let me get my jacket.

Hvatrúlfr

"Your luggage should be down the stairs, under the letter of your name, if you need help finding it, I can come help you." She smiles politly before talking to the Tohlm man seated next to Hvatrúlfr.

Burl
Some slight turbulence knocks the Airship, an old, late era Gyrigible. The engine coughs throatily every few minutes, the compressed steam billowing in bursts through the turbines, powering the large propellers mounted on port, starboard, and the mast. A creak groans through the Corrugated iron hull, and the clothboard walls heave with the pressure changes of descent.

Level 13
"No thank you, i'll be fine alone, but thanks for asking.
I head down the stairs but clumsily as always I trip and slam my head right into the metal wall. "Phew, that was a close one, i could have hurt myself real bad there". I open my luggage and obtain my jacket and head upstairs again. "Here's my papers missy".
I return to my seat.

Hvatrúlfr
The Pilot takes the slip with a smile and a nod, walking down the aisle to check the other passengers. Winking back at Hvatrúlfr.

The Airship struggles through another wave of turbulence.

"Please follow your fellow passengers upon landing through the airlock, and then into the Lobby. From there you can find a place to stay the night, or find your next flight on the boards, again, have a pleasant stay."

The voice rattled through the tube again, followed by a rough cough as the metal hatchings rattled together.

Level 4
A warm draft sweeps the floor, the temperature of the cabin rising in increments as the earth approaches. I do not need to lean forward to glimpse the plumes and columns rising from the city's iconic vent towers.

It is difficult to make myself heard over the ship's protests. "Pardon, miss!" I shout. "Could you tell me something? Do you know the name Gotlien? I would like to know if he still does business here. He was a master crafter, many years ago."

Burl
The Pilot turns around smiling. "Why no i havent heart of a Gotlein, But I'm hardly any sort of authority, on the matter, I could direct you to Somone in the lobby who might know, Just ask for Rian Sath." She nods her head back to the man occupying her attention, still futzing for his papers. "Take your time..." she coos softly as the aerospire draws closer, now even the smog remains unable to hide its gargantuan outline. it seems to shudder with its own weight, its glory pressing down at the massive support structs, rigging it into structures blow, the tallest not a half of the spires own height.

Level 4
I stared into the Aerospire's looming girth feeling foolishly dazed. The elegant architecture, the meticulous craftsmanship, the lacquered metal finishing... The musty libraries in every city I have toured included a volume or two of diagrams and recordings from the legendary construction period. But none did the spire justice, at least not the way my memories glorified it - or my mother's poetic songs.

I recalled courtesy and told the pilot I appreciated her help. After you speak with a thousand people across as many miles you come to respect and treasure the few with candor and kindness in their hearts. I can tell you I was fooled aplenty by ruffians, high-nosed gentry, silent shady types and the like. Left my pocket soar by the end of the day. Frontier towns and slums had a knack for toughening the soul, but that was about the only good thing.

A metal belch intruded upon my thoughts, surging suddenly from unseen mechanical interactions. A second later I heard the clink and whir of gears and was pressed into the back of the seat. Thinking I would be moving soon, I wrapped the cord around my bag to seal it shut, making a mental note. Ask Rian Sath. Gotlein. The old man had been like a father. Taught me what little I cared to remember about engineering as a young whelp. Maybe we could talk once more... I had to make amends...

I turned my head back to scan the city through the ship's row of windows. I was confronted by sprawling slate rooftops, trimmed with brass and gold, adorned with ornate weather veins here and quaint alcoves their. A bright summer's warmth seemed to entomb the scene. It was more marvelous than I remember. In the haze of terraced stone beyond I thought I saw a bird winging above a street. A great bird, too big to be a bird. A machine of some kind. How things have changed...

I turned to the Karthenian beside me. I had the impression he was uneasy. "Been to Tohlm before?"

Last edited:
Level 13
"Thanks for the hospitality, it's my first time flying so it's kind of a new experience for me" I say to the kind Pilot.

Back in the village i never thought a world like this even existed, i mean c'mon flying machines?

The dark skinned Tohlm asked me if i've ever been to Tohlm before, "No, i haven't to Tohlm before. By the spirits, How can you stand this heat?" I look at him gently.

Level 20
Hvatrúlfr & Burl
The ship buckled and dropped suddenly, causing several cries of panic.
"Were beginning our descent run now, please remain seated!" called a female attendant, gesturing with her hands in a downwards sweep.

Lex
You find yourself in a crowded hall full of all shapes, sizes and manner of creatures scuttling hither and tither. Flight numbers are called, signs are brandished manically as their holders strive to find clients and visiting relatives. You see nothing of any immediate interest, but notice the following:

- It's dusk, night is approaching.
- A haggard, weathered man in a tattered suit sits on a bench nearby muttering to himself.
- A young child sits calling in a thick accented voice "Yo outlanders, lost? For a small fee I can take Yo where ya need to go!"

You know there is no inclination to consider any of the above, your will is your own. What your doing here is your sole knowledge.

Level 4
The Aeroship rocked side to side, just as the boat had during the crossing to Windloria, third day out from Tohlm. A storm had rolled in from the south. Earlier that morning the Captain had scoffed. Only come from the west, he said. The sea thrashed from dawn to sunset. My maiden sea voyage and I lost any food I tried to down. I was now glad I could afford the air fare ticket.

I spoke to the Karthenian, unsure if he heard me over the din. "Once lived here, long time ago. Grew accustomed to the heat. You'll like the city, if memory serves--"

The remnants of last week's cold interrupted me. I heaved a cough, tasting salt in my throat. The ship jerked and in my distraction I lost grip of my bag. It struck the planking between my feet, releasing a portion of the contents.

I cursed. A sharp word I'd picked up from a brewer. Sipping Firewhiskey and cursing went hand in hand. I should have tied a better knot.

The clockwork trinket I'd hoped to show Gotlein had ruptured. Pins, gears and springs scattered beneath the seat in front of me. I bent forward to stow the fragments away. No point being delicate now. As I rose my eye caught the glint of polished steel. A hooked bar. Something from my bag. It had rolled to the far end of the ship, skipping past the pilot's feet.

I began to rise...

"Excuse me, miss?" I tried to get the pilot's attention. "Miss, by your feet. Something I dropped..."

Last edited:
Level 13
The female attendant said that we were going to land soon. So I steady my self. I don't fancy traveling by vehichles, even though it's my first time.
The Tohlm said something to me but i couldn't hear him over the noise.

The aeroship jerked and the Tohlm next to me dropped his clockwork trinket. I noticed a gear rolling by my feet going down the hallway so i quickly grabbed the gear.

I interrupted the Tohlm who was trying to get the attention of the pilot and said. "Excuse me seems like you dropped this gear". I reach out my hand to give him the gear.

The pilot bent over casually to hand the microscopic gear to the man. "This it sir?" she winked and then moved away, in the direction of the cabin, the ship still rattling intensely. "Be careful now, the landings' gonna be rough with the headwind thats on today." she whistled over he shoulder to the pair, chucking to herself.

Level 4
Nol headwinds... I cringed, tensing. Through my porthole, beyond the sheer slope of the Aerospire, I could see the columns of steam and smoke, now bent at an angle, broken into tufts and wisps by the driving gale. Loaded clotheslines lift and flap. A quilt hanging from a window is hastily drawn within by an anxious Tohlm. Gentlemen clutch caps as they rush through an open door. My eyes instinctively rove to the ship's exits. But as long as I've lived I've never heard of an Aeroship being dislodged by wind...

I first met Gotlein during the fierce headwind that ripped off hundreds of roofs - twas about twenty years ago. Had I known the dangers then, I am sure I would not have been out that day. The clouds had been racing overhead. Us children tried to chase their shadows in the streets. I was called aside by an exasperated shout. A man needed help.

"Be kind when you can, Bur." My mother had liked to say.

I rushed to aid him. He didn't bother to introduce himself. Handed me the reel to a kite and told me to pull. We heaved together. It felt like drawing up a bin of water from the well. Something penetrated through the base of charging clouds. An air machine. A corkscrew rotor chopped through the cloud cover. Wooden arms and metal pistons pumped and turned. My mouth opened. I was amazed. Didn't take many days after before I asked Gotlein for apprenticeship. Too bad I turned out to be a poor student...

I blinked as my head bumped back in the seat. The wooden struts croaked with the strain of resisting the headwind. I tried to shift my attention by asking the Karthenian another question.

"What brings you to Tohlm, Hvatrúlfr?"

Level 13
The Tholm asked me what brought me to Tohlm. In my village, when we reach the age of 21, we are to travel out in the world to retrieve our totem. It's kind of like a trial to receive the blessing of your spirit shrine.

Only the men take these trials and it's said that if you don't accept the trial, you are to be thrown out of the village and never return. There are 12 shrines around the world. One for each mooncycle of the year.

I was born in the winter when it's at its coldest during a full moon so i have the sign of the wolf representing being a warrior or a leader in a pack. But to me that seems like a dream that's very far away, i could never, ever imagine myself as a leader or even a warrior.

"I'm here on a quest to find the Shrine of the Wolf, you don't happen to know where it is located do you?" I replied to the Tohlm hoping for an answer.

Level 4
I closed my eyes, seeking the peace of darkness to probe my memories. A year ago I found a cave that served as a haven during a bandit raid. One night a Karthenian happened to join me there. First time I ever saw one of the pale skins. Name of Bjorn, or some such. We passed the sleepless hours talking. He was questing a shrine himself, deep in the heart of Windloria. We discussed many things before sunrise...

There came a lull in the whine of the wind and the roar from the ship's turbines. I opened my eyes and spoke quickly. "I heard mention of such a place. Alongside the road that leads northward from the city. At least several days' journey on horseback, but I couldn't tell you more I'm afraid. Never seen it myself. You might try asking the attendants in the spire."

The turbines flared a second later, drowning my doubtful thoughts.

Last edited:
Level 13
As i listen to what the Tohlm has to say, i become overjoyed that I now know that atleast I have a clue of where the shrine might be. Finally a sign to guide me through my journey.

I turn my head to the Tohlm.
"Thank you Tohlm, you have been of great help to me. My name is Hvatrúlfr of Karthek, may I ask what yours is friend?"

Level 20
OOC: Totally up to you... That's the point behind most RPs, if you want to hang around the aeroSpire/airport the other two will be landing shortly, otherwise I dropped some subtle hints at things you can do (or just use your imagination talk to a passer by, that young kid? The old man?). It's a very 'open' rp you can do pretty much anything as it's logical, sensible and within your ability (common sense, you can't move mountains). :) if your still confused pm/vm me! ;)

Level 16
OOC: Oh ok.
IC: I stood there for a minute trying to absorb what was around me, the noise, the people, the feeling of being here. People pushing each other to get to their destination. I walked around and tried to find my way out. I couldn't see anything because of so many creatures walking around but finally found a way outside. The breeze softly hit my face and I closed my eyes, the feeling of the wind was very enlightening but somewhat strangely familiar.

Burl & Hvatrúlfr

The airship rocks heavily once more, A throaty whistling sound cuts through the stuffy air of the passenger deck, Another loud thud, a mettalic screech, the airships descent is cut off, a sudden force pulls forward, another screech, and all is silent.

A few seconds later, A voice spikes from the tube above. "We have made a successful landing on Flight arm 16, The lobby is through the lift and down one level, if your heading to Windloria, Rol, or Brilmark, please remain seated." The thin, angry voice cuts of with a metallic crunch.

A few attendants spill out from the flight cabin. People rush to exit the airship, and over the commotion, you can barely hear them direct other passengers to form a line over the exits. The dusty atmosphere spills over as soon as the door is opened onto the flight arm. reddish dust billows past. "Stay safe out there!" a female attendant calls. People rush out onto the steel surface of the colossal flight arm. Down, maybe 600 feet, is the single battered lift.

Lex

You find yourself on a alcove overlooking the city, maybe a thousand or two thousand feet above the tallest building below, and the streets themselves are twice that. The wind is intense, blowing gales of dirty red dust across the deck of the alcove, large, open air windows ushering it in.

Jack

While your reasons for being in the Aerospire of Nol are quite your own, the people of the city have been nice enough to you, perhapes because you are one of them, or for other reasons.

The brisk cleanliness of the Lobby is a cool reprieve from the howling dust storm raging outside.

The lobby is large, circular, with a half dozen alcoves scattered about. It is maybe eight hundred feet across, and even more wide. Amidst the vendors and the boarding Bullitens, throngs of Tohlm, and tourists of all ilk thread their way to the dozens of lifts that border the lobby, reaching up to the flight arms, branching away from the spire.

You see someone duck inside a small dusty alcove to your left, and the shudder of a lift to your right.

Level 8
Jack was lost, he had come to the city to advertise his new type of steam engine to some company but now that he was here he was completely lost. "oooooh... why is the city so big." he said to himself in a nagging tone of voice. he had asked for directions multiple times but no matter what he always got lost, again, and again, and again. He had to find the place he had to be sometime though.

he found it strange though, every single time ha had arrived at the exact same point. the aerospire, ah well... he always got lost, it was one of his bad traits, his lack of directional senses. "no point in waiting around i guess." he giggled and he somewhat skipped towards the nearest elevator. "down pleas, my boy!" he said to the elevator attendant.

Level 8
IC: "Wait... That can't be right." Jack said "I need to get out... not go to the flight arm." he skipped back out of the elevator just in time. it had almost left whit him, and then he would have been lost, again. "guess ill have to find the exit first." he said. Jack looked around and noticed an information desk not far from him. he turns into the desks direction and skips towards him putting himself in front of the long waiting line. "yeaaaaaa, i need some directions... ehm, i can't find the exit." he said.

OOC: i'll probably be gone for a few days. i only just received this information. sorry for the inconvenience this may / will cause.

Level 4
I nodded to Hvatrúlfr of Karthek. "Name's Burl Ivesson. Glad to be of help."

To my disappointment the response fell to a near whisper beneath the roaring scrape of red dust across the flight arm. An impatient tide of passengers ushered us into the aisle and along, out onto the narrow walk that lead to the lift-gate. I called thanks to the pilot and attendants. Looking down I was dazed by the sight of sprawling, shadowed rooftops and even farther beyond the streets, thronged by lines of people. Shop doors swung open and closed by the minute. Creatures of the likes I had never glimpsed before were moving in droves. Reptilian tails snaked through the cracks amid the cobbles. Phoenix-hued hair draped cracked crimson skin. A gangling four-legged creature stepped high above the crowd. A menagerie of sparkling eyes dotted the protrusive lump on its chest. In Nol could be found every walk of life...

Human women wore flowing headdresses, speared by elegant bird tails. Each hat was a showcase of exotic, fanciful flora and fauna. Men were clad in crisp leather suits and strutted along with canes and briefcases. Some whistled, some drew on long pipes, others tinkered with metal contraptions without looking where they were going. Servant boys hurried by on wheeled vehicles, and I imagined their cries as they bid the living obstacles out of the way. Was it a market day? Or had the city become more crowded since I was there last?

It was disconcerting to be staring down. I had to grasp the railing for reassurance, careful to cradle my bag. And a second later an oval hull droned by below. Polished glass and expensive alloy flashed in the evening sun. Some sort of private transport vessel. It left a noxious wake of smog and steam, through which I saw a long banner flapping in the air. Couldn't read the symbols from my viewing angle.

My mustache filtered some of the particles from the air. I aimlessly wondered to myself if boys were still taken from the villages and trained as roof sweeps. Most ended up in the infirmaries within months from the hacking coughs...

We reached the gate to the lift not a moment too soon. A gust tore across from the west, carrying a brightly colored patchwork quilt. The jewel-studded tassels flapped madly within inches of our heads...

Last edited:
Level 16
IC: I opened my eyes and approached the edge where I looked down upon the street, creatures of different shapes and sizes was scattered on the street below. I looked over the horizon and stood there for a while. As the sun was about to set, I backed away from the edge and went inside. I looked around in search of sign to where I might find the elevator but had no luck in finding it and just roamed around searching for a way down.

Level 4
Every creeping step brought us closer to the Aerospire. Closer to my long-gone memories.

The dilapidated lift rattled 600 feet below.I held back, not eager to squeeze inside with the first three quarters of the ship's departing. Overhead, the pulley system was rusted and sand polished. A steam engine mounted to the side dripped from a recent application of grease...

Last edited:
Peper

You find yourself sitting on a bench in the Aerospire, why, is your own reason. The muted sepia tone of the massive, circular lobby, and the red windstorm outside, lends itself to an older time.

You hear the rustle of footsteps, and a man, tall, and rather ordinary looking sits next to you, he is not a Tohlm, but has well tanned features. on his shoulder, stands a Pixie, little more than four inches tall. She is thin, and had she been human, she would have turned many heads. She has short black hair, and wears a soft blue dress. He mumbles Something to her out of the corner of his mouth, then turns to you, looking tired. "Hello there friend, this your first time coming through the airways? you look a bit shaken up." He shifts his weight, and drags a small book from his pocket, glancing at a page before setting it down and returning his gaze to Peper.

Last edited:
Level 20
OOC: Right sorry about all this delay, would've thought TWIF would be able to post but looks like he's had something come up. No worries ^_^ (I hope!)

Peper
"Oh.. right" the man replied sceptically, raising an eyebrow.
The pixie on his shoulder made a rude spitting noise and crossed her arms impatiently. He rolled his eyes, shook his head and continued
"Ignore her, she doesn't like it either, leaves her in a right foul mood" a grin spread across his face as she pouted quietly.
"Piverou, and the misses" he acknowledged the pixie with a wave "is Nyviara".

Lex
*nothing of interest happens*

Burl & HvatrúlfrThe lift drops to a halt suddenly, spewing forth passengers in a mad rush for connecting flights or the arms of relatives, you find yourself in the aerospire lobby, it's busy, packed and very, very noisy. You notice a white haired Karthenian speaking to another man on a bench in the middle of the room, an awkwardly silent and serious looking Tholm near the ground lift entrance and another, who may even be a woman wandering around, looking more than a bit lost.

Murry

You find yourself in the Aerospire of Nol.
The atmosphere is one full of urgency, frantic panic and general confusion. Noise and impatient shoving is in great abundance as you stroll into the middle of the main lobby. Forgetting why your here for just a second you notice something rather strange beyond a bench whereupon sits two men - and what you could've sworn was a pixie - a group of men were gathering, sinister looking men. Mercenaries perhaps, ruffians, thugs. Though they appeared unarmed it was quite apparent they were up to no good and just downright bizarre that you seemed to be only one who'd noticed them.

Level 19
''Is my mind playing tricks on me again? Am I going insane?'' he whispered to himself, trying to imitate a dark and paranoid voice like he had heard many times. He failed -- it sounded ridicilously stupid. He looked around again to see if anybody noticed it too but he once again found nobody who seemed to see what he saw.
Murry strolled towards the group, slowly. He wasn't interested in garnering attention. Though, he wondered if this was a bright idea, maybe it was better to just carry on? Curiosity got the better of him and he sighed, continuing nervously while his eye twitch played up again. He silently cursed but nonetheless carried on, circling around the group. He wasn't planning on interfering if anything happened of course -- he was too much of a coward for that -- but he just wanted to see what they were up to. Nonetheless his hand slowly crept to his knife. Noticing this he quickly withdrew his hand.

Taking a closer look, these were not dressed how he expected them to be. Rag-tag clothes and such were his expectations but these men seemed well-dressed enough, for his taste. Mhm.. they didn't quite fit his stereotype.

''This is insane.'' he whispered to himself.
''They are probably just travellers. Comeone...''
He stopped circling around them and just waited, led by doubt what he should do next.

Level 20
OOC: Sorry I took so long to reply, TWIF's still busy and I was working on an idea related to this RP!

For more information on DMI see MY post on the construction thread.

PlayerNameLast LocationAssumed Status

-Peper-
PeperTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
GunSlinger21LexTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
Fussiler1MurryTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
PhoonixJackTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Away
Vengeance Mk2BurlTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
WalleHvatrúlfrTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
IronsideIronside(?)Tohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive

There is nothing worth noting.
Anything important related to player characters in the mod will be noted here, if they're sick, dead, in jail ANYTHING, have a certain item. It's a pretty unrestricted rp so expect some funny stuff to turn up here.

166805-albums3113-picture43218.png

Anything important related to in-rp lore, such as vital information about certain NPCs and the like will go here (e.g. they are captured/want rescuing). This should stay relatively empty at least for now.

Murry
One of the men - no a boy - hooded and cloaked, looks up and meets your gaze. He seemed to smile but quickly turned to converse to his comrades. A series of nods and grunts accompany his muffled voice, but it's quite clear they've come to some kind of agreement.

General
The ruffian group begin to disperse, pushing through the crowd, each pair heading for an exit or lift. Screams and cries of terror soon pierce the mad rush as concealed weapons are drawn and voices raised.
At a quick count there are perhaps twenty of them, maybe more.
"No one gets in. No one gets out" intoned one of the men gleefully.
"Until all those crystals are mine".

Last edited:
Level 16
IC: After a while of wandering around, I found myself back to where I started, the kid is still there, the old man still uttering to himself. It was obvious that I didn't know where I was going and I needed help. I looked at the kid and thought for a while. I soon called the kid and showed him a bag of money.

Level 19
''Crystals?'' he mumbled to himself while he now definetly had his hand on his knife. He noticed he started sweating, a sign of weakness and fear. ''I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die.'' he whispered to himself as he started hyperventilating.
He slapped himself -- in his imagination -- and calmed again, looking around. Twenty men. Crystals. Exits guarded. If this situation would turn for the worse, would they take hostiles? Through the panic he walked to one of the exits, barely keeping his calmness.
He stopped in front of one of the exits as a man blocked the way. He stopped -- looked around. Murry started shaking but nonetheless opened his mouth and asked;
''So.. if I can ask, how long is this going to take, dear man?'' he asked, succeeding at keeping his voice steady.

Level 20
Make sure you read up guys or you WILL fall behind on events!

Peper
As you stand two black leather swathed brigands move to and stand before the lift menacingly swords in hand. The sound of screaming and general distress filled your ears as Piverou raised and eyebrow and muttered "Bloody politics" before returning to his book.

Lex
As you withdraw the money and make to gesture to the boy, you freeze. The room has entered a sudden state of chaos as a band of ruffians attempt to seal all the exits, brandishing weapons and hurling abuse at the public. They were evidently looking for something and would go through some means to get it.

Murry
"As long as it takes" growled the man, tapping a wicked looking club in his left hand for effect.
"Now back down, if you have information on crystals, I might be more inclined to talk to you?"

Level 19
Hmm.

''Err.. well -- obviously these crystals are apparantly of great value, or so I've understood. Seeing as crystals aren't usually kept in an easy-to-find place you should try to search for secret passages or things like that -- or try to find a safe. I guess it's just where you would least expect it..?'' he said, beginning to talk faster and faster during his talking.

''It probably would be handy if you tortured an employee for info--''

What the hell was he doing? He quitted talking and wanted to bash his head out. This was idiotic. Why was he trying to get people's lives in danger?

''Err.. yeah..''

Level 20
For more information on DMI see MY post on the construction thread.
PlayerNameLast LocationAssumed Status

-Peper-
PeperTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
GunSlinger21LexTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
Fussiler1MurryTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
PhoonixJackTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Away
Vengeance Mk2BurlTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
WalleHvatrúlfrTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
IronsideIronside(?)Tohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
WolfeLystraTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active

There is nothing worth noting.
Anything important related to player characters in the mod will be noted here, if they're sick, dead, in jail ANYTHING, have a certain item. It's a pretty unrestricted rp so expect some funny stuff to turn up here.

166805-albums3113-picture43218.png

Anything important related to in-rp lore, such as vital information about certain NPCs and the like will go here (e.g. they are captured/want rescuing). This should stay relatively empty at least for now.

Murry
The man pulled a sick smile.
"You know that's not a bad idea, but it's cargo were after, very valuable cargo, now sod off before you get hurt" he responded, voice sharp and serious.

Wolfe
Your a long way from home, though exactly where seems to have slipped from your mind, if only for a second.
You come to wakefulness slowly, sluggishly, blinking against the harsh light of a crowded lobby.
Memories begin to flood back, places, people, times and events. Eventually you recall your whereabouts.
Nol, Capital of Tolhm. A city of steam, metal and fire but two questions still remain, why are you here and what in the world is going on?

Last edited:
Level 16
IC: "What the-!" I said as the crowd nearby started to panic. I heard screams, cries and shouting. "What's happening?" I looked around and saw a band of ruffians near the exits trying to seal it. "So they are the cause of all this." I said, walking towards them.
OOC: So what? Should I try to kill them?

Level 17
Lystra grasps at her head, letting out a slight yawn before gazing at her surroundings. Her eyes blinked wildly against the bright lights, and her ears burned as the sounds of busy people and clashing metal filled the air. The smell of burning wood and smoke attacked her nose as she took a breath. She stood up and shook her head, hoping for the groggy haze to leave her.

Lystra, my dear, she thought to herself. Middle-aged and still getting yourself into a mess. Will it ever end?

She smiled - she couldn't help but laugh at that.

Level 20
OOC: GunSlinger, you can do whatever you please, but I'll just say there's a good twenty of them. Realistically, do you think you stand a chance? If yes, by all means go for it but... YOU CAN DIE/GET HURT in this :) so beeeewaaaare!

IC:
General

A tall but rather lean man, dressed in a robe rather than leathers approached the pair of ruffians by the main gate, after some exchanged mumbles and two nods, the men parted.
"Out, get out all of yah! Move it come on!" the mercenaries shouted together, ushering the crowd into the street.

Piverou jumped up, startling his Pixie. "Time to move, Mrs, nice speakin' to ya' Peper" he smiled politely before dashing for the exit.
In his haste he collided with the newly awoken woman.
"Sorry mam' got some business to attend to, not watchin where am goin" he excused himself.
"Shut up and let's go" the Pixie snapped from his shoulder, ignoring the woman.
"Alright, alright, hold your wings Nyviara" the man chuckled, winking, whirling and disappearing into the escaping flood.

Wolfe

As he leaves, you hear a slight thud, he dropped something. It's a book, not five feet from you and is entitled "The Winds of Woe".

OOC: For the record, you don't HAVE to do ANYTHING, don't feel inclined to pick it up if you don't want to, it might very well be useless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.