• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(12) Northrend Returns

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Bigpower
Map Info:

What do you missing the most in Warcraft III? Honestly want to say I really loved that times in human campaign at Northrend. So i decided to make a map for myself and share the work with you guys. Added some screenshots to figure out what about I'm talking.

Map size: 224x256 (Epic)
Players: 12
Gold mine: 30 Base 22000 gold Expansions 17500 gold
Fountain of health: 7
Goblin laboratory: 3
Goblin merchant: 7
Marketplace: 1
Blue dragon roost: 1
Mercenary camp: 1
Way gate: 4

Prove your worth in frozen continent!
Previews
Contents

Northrend Returns (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
This can't be considered a normal melee map. It's a maze. It feels random. It's also pretty big. The map is also an edit, with addons of course. ----------------------------------------------- Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map...
Paillan
----------------------------------------------- Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) As said by @MysteryMaze , the map lacks proper melee distribution which is a serious issue which was also pointed out a bit by If...
Level 4
It's Chapter Eight from Warcraft III Reign of Chaos Human Campaign, but played as a Melee Map. Cool!

Level 14
Why does the map have the "custom" status on it? Try to check the status in the editor, on the bottom right side of your screen where it says Melee Map: No.

unknown-png.262098

Hover your mouse over it and check what requirements is it specifying in order to be considered a melee map, and try to change them if possible until it's considered a Melee Map (you'll notice it in-game when the map icon is replaced with this
melee_12.gif
instead of this
custom_12.gif

Melee maps having custom status are pretty useless as "melee maps" sadly due to the fact that game doesn't update the unit stats updates game has had throughout many patches after 1.07, so you'll see things like Tomb of Relic having Clarity Potion, Mountain Giants costing 500 gold, probably archers won't have Elune's grace and have 310 health, Spell Breakers will have Heavy Armor and lots of other things the game patched long ago, but are not updated when map is considered custom.

Attachments

• unknown.PNG
    unknown.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,496

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
This can't be considered a normal melee map. It's a maze. It feels random. It's also pretty big.
The map is also an edit, with addons of course.
-----------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
--------------------------------------------------
Not entirely sure what to do here.
I'd like a second opinion: @Paillan & @A Void, if you please.

Left to Pending.

Level 10
For now I think that we can say that screenshots are still... I don't know... empty? it feels like the show so little of the map. Maybe it's just me? anyway, as always (sorry man), calling @MysteryMaze too our cause.

Screenshots do not cleary show what the real map looks like. I suggest the author upload maps on a basic camera angle. I think the terrain does not guarantee equal play as everything seems asymmetric.

Level 19
-----------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

As said by @MysteryMaze , the map lacks proper melee distribution which is a serious issue which was also pointed out a bit by
If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
--------------------------------------------------

Left Awaiting update.