1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(12) Northrend Returns

Submitted by revada
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Map Info:

What do you missing the most in Warcraft III? Honestly want to say I really loved that times in human campaign at Northrend. So i decided to make a map for myself and share the work with you guys. Added some screenshots to figure out what about I'm talking.

Map size: 224x256 (Epic)
Players: 12
Gold mine: 30 Base 22000 gold Expansions 17500 gold
Fountain of health: 7
Goblin laboratory: 3
Goblin merchant: 7
Marketplace: 1
Blue dragon roost: 1
Mercenary camp: 1
Way gate: 4

Prove your worth in frozen continent!
Previews
Contents

Northrend Returns (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
This can't be considered a normal melee map. It's a maze. It feels random. It's also pretty big. The map is also an edit, with addons of course. ----------------------------------------------- Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map...
Paillan
----------------------------------------------- Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) As said by @MysteryMaze , the map lacks proper melee distribution which is a serious issue which was also pointed out a bit by If...
  1. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    It somehow reminds of the Campaign map where Arthas meets Muradin.

2. revada

revada

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a part of it

3. Syndra

Syndra

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's Chapter Eight from Warcraft III Reign of Chaos Human Campaign, but played as a Melee Map. Cool!

4. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    How about a Changelog if you update it, because people want sometimes to know what changed.

5. revada

revada

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just notice one gold mine its not the same amount like others so i fixed it. Not big deal

6. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why does the map have the "custom" status on it? Try to check the status in the editor, on the bottom right side of your screen where it says Melee Map: No.

[​IMG]

Hover your mouse over it and check what requirements is it specifying in order to be considered a melee map, and try to change them if possible until it's considered a Melee Map (you'll notice it in-game when the map icon is replaced with this [​IMG] instead of this [​IMG]

Melee maps having custom status are pretty useless as "melee maps" sadly due to the fact that game doesn't update the unit stats updates game has had throughout many patches after 1.07, so you'll see things like Tomb of Relic having Clarity Potion, Mountain Giants costing 500 gold, probably archers won't have Elune's grace and have 310 health, Spell Breakers will have Heavy Armor and lots of other things the game patched long ago, but are not updated when map is considered custom.

Attached Files:

7. revada

revada

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was because was not marked "Masked areas are partially visible" and was on game data set:"Melee latest patch"
    [​IMG]
    I will update map soon.

8. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    "Author: Ch@os"

Might recommend changing it to fit the uploader's name too :D

Attached Files:

9. Mote -E

Mote -E

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very creative and impressive .. Excellent work bro!, really nice map.

10. revada

revada

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is my real nickname, but in lot of forums and everything else i can't use symbols like:"!@#$%^&*()_+"

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This can't be considered a normal melee map. It's a maze. It feels random. It's also pretty big.
    The map is also an edit, with addons of course.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Not entirely sure what to do here.
    I'd like a second opinion: @Paillan & @A Void, if you please.

Left to Pending.

12. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For now I think that we can say that screenshots are still... I don't know... empty? it feels like the show so little of the map. Maybe it's just me? anyway, as always (sorry man), calling @MysteryMaze too our cause.

13. MysteryMaze

MysteryMaze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshots do not cleary show what the real map looks like. I suggest the author upload maps on a basic camera angle. I think the terrain does not guarantee equal play as everything seems asymmetric.

14. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

As said by @MysteryMaze , the map lacks proper melee distribution which is a serious issue which was also pointed out a bit by
    If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!
    --------------------------------------------------

Left Awaiting update.