• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1- The Coming of the Horde

This is the year 583. It is a time of peace in the kingdom of Azeroth. However, a dark figure plots in the darkness, planning to bring murderouss, bloody-thirst beings into this world...

A re-telling of WarCraft I and the events leading up to it.

http://staff.samods.org/deicide/

Campaign by: Deicide
Uploaded by: Herogod
Contents

1- The Coming of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.
Level 29
I can easily say that this is one of the best campaigns I ever played!

It is almost like playing Warcraft I, but on Warcraft III.

Have you abandoned the idea for the second part? Because if so, that would be a pity!

Level 5
Hello, it's me again^^

Chapter 1:
I always wanted to play the basic orc grunt as a hero. :)
I like the map where it's played - It's big and it leaves a lot for exploration.
Also it's immersive. The music is great. What I dislike is the healing scroll, healing ward etc. drops you get.
It's just too much and it makes it too easy. And then you even have a fountain of health to go to.
Also the necrolyte units with miss chance curse + frost armor? Man that's a bit too op imo.

Chapter 2:
Same as Chapter 1 basically. I also noticed that the dialogues are well done.
Makes it more believable like the orc saying in the beginning "What is this world?... it's so green".
And then the sequence with the bandit which was hillarious.
The story is so good implemented in this campaign.
I dislike that there is basically no challenge in this campaign but it still is fun to play!

Chapter 3:
I really liked that map. I'm a fan of the hero designs. Blackhand is well done. Terrain was superb.
I just wish less items would drop here and there. That's actually my only concern.
Though it's unbalanced I had a fun time killing enemys.

Chapter 4:
I found a bug..When I use reanimate death from Gul'Dan, 2 of my units which are alive
become reanimated. So I constantly lose units when I use this spell.
Also when there are no units of mine nearby, the spell turns 2 living enemy units into reanimated.

I played it through the whole campaign. It was a lot of fun. I really liked the cinematics and dialogues.
Too bad it was actually no challenge for me as I wrote. I could have clear the 2 outposts from humans
with Blackhand and Ura'man alone. They are so strong heroes.
That's why I give it 4/5*. I would wish for a harder challenge, the rest was pretty good.

Last edited:
Level 9
FInished the campaign

I mean i enjoyed all 3 base building missions.

I really liked the last mission because i like to play defensively but that isn't the right option here.

for the rpg-esque missions. I just feel like there always too difficult for me. For me it just feels like Blizzard is the only one who has balanced them well.

Overall 2/5. Entertaining

There were some issues. Like why is necrolyte and guldan the same model and stuff.

Other issue were where auto clicking a spell would push it to the front.

But yeah overall entertaining

Last edited:
Level 11
for the rpg-esque missions. I just feel like there always too difficult for me.
I dare you try the next (unfinished) campaign "Winds of the Storm" and see what means the "too difficult rpg missions" phrase. It only has four chapters, but the difficulty system is about three times harder than on this campaign.

Level 1
Easy to play and great characters. This campaing could be better with voice actors, but the dialogues are good as they are, nice job.

Level 1
I have just finished this campaign... and it was fun !

I remember playing it when I was a kid and it seemed very difficult at that time (like 5-6 years ago), especially the last chapter. But now it's been rather easy, didn't lose any units in all the chapters except 5 and 7. In chapter 4, I destroyed everything on the map and built the base as a final task xD

My only issue with it and the reason why I give it a 4/5 is because it's just too.. simple. There are not a lot of doodads, the terrain is looking kinda lifeless and the map is kinda big with very few things (almost nothing) interesting to see. So the terrain design/visuals don't reflect anything pleasant or attractive. Also, it's simple in the sense of gameplay: enemies aren't that strong (maybe except the paladin in the last chapter), the orc heroes you control (which is most of the time) are just OP. I can understand that the campaign was made a looong time ago, in 2003, but idk..

All in all, it remains in the WC3 Custom Campaign section as a must-play for everyone, I definitely recommend it :infl_thumbs_up:

I know there's a second unfinished campaign uploaded which I intend to start playing as well.

This campaign is so good the only problem is that there isnt more.
There is 2 - Winds of the Storm uploaded by Anaxie which was actually made by Deicide himself back in 2003, but it's unfinished. He actually talked about it in the comments back when it was uploaded in 2018.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
First cinematic of the campaign made with all models converted to reforged ones. Imported some models made by the community to make these changes possible!

Take a look if you are interested in out It is looking
So, I guess you're not going to spam post every recorded video here. If you want that, make your own thread about it here: Warcraft Discussion

Level 13
Very good game with very good music, dialogues and action. It runs perfectly on 1.27 and I highly recommend it.

Chapter 4: There is a very annoying point here if you use Gul'dan's Reanimation spell - instead of reviving for 55 seconds 2 already killed units the spell turns 2 of your Live units even if the surrounding area is full of already killed.

7719-100Satisf-80-73.png
7719-VHQ-80 - 73.png

Last edited:
Level 11
Chapter 4: There is a very annoying point here if you use Gul'dan's Reanimation spell - instead of reviving for 55 seconds 2 already killed units the spell turns 2 of your Live units even if the surrounding area is full of already killed.
Not only yours, it can turn the living enemy units into undead, reanimated ones. All you have to do is attack solo with Gul'dan. It's a funny little bug 😅

Level 2
Currently playing this campaign, but I have a little problem: the progress from the first mission is not being loaded to the second, which means I start with the hero at level 2 (instead of 3), and without any items of the previous mission. Any idea of how I can solve this? Is it because this is not compatible with Reforged? Thank you

Level 28
Currently playing this campaign, but I have a little problem: the progress from the first mission is not being loaded to the second, which means I start with the hero at level 2 (instead of 3), and without any items of the previous mission. Any idea of how I can solve this? Is it because this is not compatible with Reforged? Thank you
Latest Reforged update has a known issues with game caches being broken when you attempt to play campaigns. Don't question it.
Moreover, this campaign is incredibly old. I guess playing on 1.26 or 1.27 is the safest way.