• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(1) Arcadia - RaF v1.00c

archeader001hm.jpg

arcstory001.jpg

arctext001.jpg

arcmainfeatures001.jpg

arcpictures001.jpg

76001d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_001.jpg

76002d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_002.jpg

76003d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_003.jpg

76004d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_004.jpg

76005d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_005.jpg

76006d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_006.jpg

76007d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_007.jpg

76008d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_008.jpg

76009d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_009.jpg

76010d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_010.jpg

76011d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_011.jpg

76012d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_012.jpg

76013d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_013.jpg

76014d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_014.jpg

76015d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_015.jpg

76016d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_016.jpg

76017d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_017.jpg

76018d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_018.jpg

76019d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_019.jpg

76020d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_020.jpg

76021d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_021.jpg

76022d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_022.jpg
76023d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_023.jpg

76024d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_024.jpg

76025d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_025.jpg

[Clan NgO/FEG] De.Facto | Art Director | Technical Director | Story Scripter / Event Artist |

Keywords:
Arcadia, Rise, Fall, Arcadia - Rise and Fall, Adventure, Utopian, Utopia, Epic, Poetry, Epic Poetry, Free, Spirit, Free Spirit, Cure, Meta, Meta-Level
Contents

(1) Arcadia - RaF v1.00c (Map)

Reviews
20:05, 12th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Date: 2011/Sep/30 21:32:19 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a...

M

20:05, 12th Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
Update:
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Sep/30 21:32:19
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended
Rep Received: 5
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact

Comment: Review:

Gameplay:

The gameplay system is very interesting and refreshing, a bit more original, not too much, since we've seen a lot of other environment interaction maps. However your map has some unique gameplay sequences, like the crane part and you also switch controls, later you'll be using a small robot to enter smaller areas.
However the map overall is too slow, your characters movement speed is just horrifying and very frustrating and the camera can become a real problem, it's really smooth and all, however for the most part, it's either too far away from your character or it pans too late to the next area.
The conversation choice system is also very well executed and new to warcraft.

Terrain:

The environment is just amazing, you have used almost only custom models (maybe just), a lot of animation in the background and everything matches, the terrain tile, the buildings, etc.

Other:

The map's presentation is amazing, a neat custom loading screen, the quest log is very polished and the in-game text is very readable and also polished.
The UI choice is also nice and also custom made.
However why didn't you use a custom soundtrack instead of warcraft music?

Overall:

A very well executed map, although a bit too slow and the camera can make things frustrating.

Level 21
Review for "De.Facto - Arcadia - Rise and Fall":

How i experienced the map:

Onwards to Arcadia! And before: De.Facto has also created an unique logo, something i want to mention already, because most maps don't have a complete package like that, which indeed consists of an designed surface... But where was i, let's start the map. Now that was an embracing atmosphere and unique plot, playing as a naked, rough and free spirit. The musical theme fitted perfectly, had a rhythmic and soft touch just like you would've expected it in a meta-level designed "world". Outstanding terraining, refreshing and groundbreaking the same time. And highly spaced out, colorful, but yet ensuring enough contrast to create harmony and beauty. A small strange thing i mentioned was the sound of the spirits respondings, i guess he forgot to mute it, because what i heared was an ancient tree protector xD... I've just put unit responses off to fix it, of course. Quote: "The squeeky wheel gets the oil", thats humor, sense and pragmatism in one, great motto (;. Gunpreet with godly armor, ah well a godly dog? Great poetry as well as philosophy overall in the map, hidden everywhere, you just have to read a bit and begin to understand. It was really sophisticated, not for players who avoid reading, or deny a deeper thought. I found typos rarely, made it easy to enjoy the theme, in this case even relaxing. Shout out to the Easter egg Falcon ;>! That has been out of concept, but makes sense in a sci-fi way. And hell, that was a sight, when you've rebuilt the dynamic of the meta-level... There were many little aspects, which created a depth there, like in the temple of correspondence, pay attention at the chessboard ground! Makes it definitely a complete and well designed package. The cams were buggy sometimes, which didn't hurt that much, because it was easy to re-lock the camera angle (just move a bit back). Too bad the state of matter riddle had a suddenly ripped off F9 info text (and btw, i seriously don't know how to solve it without a dictionary or google). As i came this far i've been missing more interactions, dialogues with other spirits, maybe an enlightened source talking to you, giving tips, hints, charmingly. That would've made it deeper, without stetching it too much (concerning game length). There are a lot of foreign words, maybe too much. Had to use a dictionary from time to time (like i stated before), which isn't really a bad thing to be honest. The final came sudden and unexpected, maybe a tribute to our life, which could also end unexpected... Everything is in sensitive vibratory motion, so it might only take a tiny hit over the rhythmic measure to disconnect one from an once harmonic framework. Anyhow, this ending felt melancholic and a bit too sudden, not satisfying. I am now also curious about the crow. What did it have to do with this map and the four fire places? Symbolism, four golems, four fires? Still this strange crow there, hm. I fear interpretations would become too speculative here.

Numeric conclusion:

Creative Level Design: 25/30
Unique Ideas: 17/20
Defined Artistic Style: 20/20
Lore: 9/10
Gameplay: 14/20

Summary: 85/100

Bonus: I could add or subtract some points. Adding, because of the absolutely outstanding uniqueness of the meta area, or subtracting, because of the sudden end, which feels out of place and weird. So, refering to the map content, i let it balance out itself ;).

Overall: 85/100

Last words:

I guess everything that came to my mind playing this "true" and classic adventure map has been said. No traps here, only combinations, riddles and a lot of mystery combining with deep, philosophical lore, which has sadly not been made as much relevant as it could've been, but that's fine for me, because i like to put things together on my own. The defined artistic style and the creative level design are the main power here, i guess this won't be beaten soon... Some great unique riddles, nicely set made me truly enjoy the meta level. Gameplay has been fluid, with accents on the riddles (the right spot to make the player think and slow down!), but not as creative as the rest, mostly running around, not enough to experience here to be cutting edge. I guess this map would easily win the competition if De.Facto had mixed the gameplay a little more.

(Miscellaneous: All rocky dudes are called Jai Narayan, like the former spirit? I guess the map maker simply forgot it, but it's only a tiny discrepancy again. Furthermore: The unique interface modification fits the rocky Arcadia, but not the meta-level, for my taste at least. Then the hero selection button in the top left of the screen, but only on Arcadia, shows a nightelf Warden? - Hmmm... The positive vibrations (it looks like it was made for healing once, in an early stage of the map maybe) had no use overall, because you couldn't lose healthpoints. The golem shape in the meta-level, which is stored behind an energetic barrier in the end, is almost impossible to set free, because it is hard to find the right spot to interact with. Gold, wood and food are still there [icons and text], but again that's for perfectionism.)

Last edited:
Level 3
Looks cool. You should have uploaded this ages ago. I couldnt dwonload it from the other site, I forgot what it was called, becuase it was in .rar fromat.
Hey does this work with v1.20? When is Chernobyl:Lost Riddles gonna go public?

Last edited:
Level 11
Looks cool. You should have uploaded this ages ago. I couldnt dwonload it from the other site, I forgot what it was called, becuase it was in .rar fromat.
Hey does this work with v1.20? When is Chernobyl:Lost Riddles gonna go public?
Mh, yes. I've released Arcadia on moddb one day after deadline of the 3rd solo-mapping-competition. I don't really know. Only tested with 1.24 so far.

Well, Cherno. I won't give out any further TBD-Dates anymore. Got so much bad luck since the 1.24 patch left us far behind. Besides - last december, the HDD from our coder went into the happy hunting grounds.

.. but we're forging ahead again. You may track us on moddb.com, youtube, or just register at our forums on cLR.com. (;

Level 3
C'mon! So your saying cLR is 1.24? Anyways... It was fun right till the end but the Temple of Correspondence nearly confused me but i go through it remembering basic science. The ending was wierd they were just walking around activating waterfalls and when the camera went up all I saw was fog. A bit short...but magnificicantly awesome.... 9/5

Level 11
C'mon! So your saying cLR is 1.24? Anyways... It was fun right till the end but the Temple of Correspondence nearly confused me but i go through it remembering basic science. The ending was wierd they were just walking around activating waterfalls and when the camera went up all I saw was fog. A bit short...but magnificicantly awesome.... 9/5

Yes, shorter than I've planned. I've created this version in just about 4 or 5 weeks. Furthermore I'll keep working on the version - Arcadia will be enterable. (;

Level 27
I put that pure things into red crystall and what do I do next? I Do not Know what to do next.

P.S. Sorry for the mistakes, I'm not speak English

I can give you a hint. See, when you find all four, you have to press those buttons in the right order. Figure out what comes from what or at least press them in random orders until some right won't happen.

And I'm stuck with that puzzle with corrupted core, can't figure out how to move those crystals to opposing sides, when I nearly figure it out I dicover they all are stuck and I have to begin all over...

Offtopic: From what time do ewoks pilot spaceships?!

Level 12
Okay this needs a walkthrough somewhere. And you should put the link in map description.

Bugs/glitches/annoying stuff:
-Some things like the red crystal in the beginning need to have their selection circle visible. How can you even tell when something is yours for example, when you can't see the green selection circle...
-State of Matter quest text is incomplete.
-In Temple of Correspondence:
*The camera for the heart is ultra annoying. You can only exit it on the left because the right is hidden by interface, only to see there was absolutely nothing blocking you on the right.
*The external appearance isn't anything like the interior, i mean it looks like you got teleported somewhere else for no reason. If you don't get my point look at how that vibration place's "gate" was matching the interior, and how it's not the case for Correspondence.
-Sometimes you have these floating texts that move to the right, but your camera is placed in a way making the text move out of your screen. There was this golem who said something that wasn't readable because of this, And it was one of those texts showing up only once.
-By now i can tell you should need commands such as -unlockcam or -possibleactions.
-We probably shouldn't be able to go back to places where we can't do anything useful, desperately looking for a possible weird answer to a riddle.
-Higher movement speed for our hero please, this slowness is really painful especially in places with huge, totally empty alleys like Temple of Correspondence.

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm already preparing an update for Arcadia v1.00b, but this needs time. Furthermore there will be definitely a walkthrough, just give me some time .. mainly I'm working on Chernobyl and RoR at the moment.

E: I've recognized your feedback, most of your critique is already on the todo-list. Please note, that I've created Arcadia for the 3rd Solo Mapping Competition in only 2 weeks. Since the deadline, there was no update.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm already preparing an update for Arcadia v1.00b, but this needs time. Furthermore there will be definitely a walkthrough, just give me some time .. mainly I'm working on Chernobyl and RoR at the moment.
Fair enough, i can understand the difficulty of making numerous maps at once.
While we're at that, displaying the changelog in the hive description or at least ingame, is necessary. 9 lines of description and some screenshots just don't cut it. And when i tried to get some more information at your website i got totally lost. Now i'm stuck in temple of correspondence with vague quests and no clue about where on the internet i could find the answer.

Level 11
Got fatal when finishing the puzzle of moving the crystals to the left side and green ones to the right.

Also nice game by the way, found it very much enjoyable. Im just wondering is there a clue to figuring the red crystal combination? i ended up clicking random stuff till i got it right.

Thanks. (; I'm already aware of this critical error. The reason is: you saved and loaded the map - is that right? Furthermore there is - of course - a clue. (;

Let's just say that the first three crystals on the left side are numbered 1, 2, and 3, the empty area is 4, and the crystals on the right side are 5, 6 and 7.

Here's the solution: 3, 5, 6, 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, 7, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5, 4

Last edited:
Level 24
Yeah i did save/load the map, will try without now if that helps =o

And i was referring to the red crystal where you have to play the right tunes, not the crystal core puzzle :p (which is pretty easy).
All i know about the red crystal tunes somehow affect the purple crystal and play a SFX.

Anyway would love more puzzles, they're always interesting and fun :D

Level 2
Didn't know what to do on first time.:ogre_rage:
I completed to find Only 4 jewels/something to put in the red crystal.
Then i'm frustated where to go! I cannot pass the f*c*i*g green-magic barrier!
So... what must i do?:goblin_wtf::goblin_wtf::goblin_wtf:

Level 1
Bug report :/

In the Temple of Correspondence, after interacting with the orbs in a specific pattern (and getting countless "there's no balance" statements, leading me to wonder if there was a clue somewhere), I just did it again for fun. However, this somehow triggered the deaths of the things in the center, meaning that I didn't need to do the States of Matter quest. I just did the quest anyway but it IS a rather... wierd bug.
EDIT: In Theft and Pilferage, shouldn't it read Columns Left?

Level 11
I've fixed the bug with the terminal. It doesn't say you're out of range anymore.
You can reach the end of chapter two without selecting the 4th answer (-2 charma) now. Sorry for this annoying bug.

what's the purpose of this map? I watched all walkthrough, it seems quite short, and boring. Also there is not a city-state like you showed on imagine at presentation.

This is why I'm currently overhauling the whole game. You will be able to re-enter the meta-level in the 3rd chapter, but until this - the destroyed city is the new chapter one.

Level 21
Ouh it's out, be playing soon!

GJ on finishing, didn't expect it to be this early. ^-^>

Did it, feedback sent.

Last edited:
Level 1
Extremely well executed, but very short. That's all I can say at this point. Waiting for a full version.

Level 7
Hey,

Really good map, I played the version which was titled "ArcadiaRiseAndFallveighty" which seemed to be version 80 and that seemed to be fun and enjoyable even though it was only 12mb. Hence, I was recently viewing maps and what not and came across "ArcadiaRiseAndFallc" which seems to have just been released and is 71mb. Although I have not been able to play this.

My question where do I download this map?
How do I load this map without Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne freezing on loading screen?

My problem:
Using Microsoft Windows 7 sp1 x64bit , Warcraft Frozen Throne Versions 1.26a and 1.20e with ArcadiaRiseAndFallc - 70.81mb version. Every time I tried to run the map in WFT 1.26a the game would half load and then Warcraft would do nothing and I'd have to alt-control-delete and end Warcraft's task as it is non-responding. Also I tried 1.20e and it didn't even let me get to the loading screen for obvious reasons.

What I've Tried:
Downloading the map to the Frozen Throne map directory
Playing the map from the Frozen Throne Map directory - Half Loads Warcraft becomes non-responsive
Moved it to the custom campaigns folder, couldn't see the game in the folder as it wasn't .w3n file type (Changed it to w3n file type couldn't play it because it's not a campaign and no chapters where there to select)

I ran out of ideas on how to get this map to fully load without crashing warcraft :'(

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or how to make this game load without making Warcraft non-responsive it would be much appreciated,
-Lag Reviews :D

Review:

Gameplay:

The gameplay system is very interesting and refreshing, a bit more original, not too much, since we've seen a lot of other environment interaction maps. However your map has some unique gameplay sequences, like the crane part and you also switch controls, later you'll be using a small robot to enter smaller areas.
However the map overall is too slow, your characters movement speed is just horrifying and very frustrating and the camera can become a real problem, it's really smooth and all, however for the most part, it's either too far away from your character or it pans too late to the next area.
The conversation choice system is also very well executed and new to warcraft.

Terrain:

The environment is just amazing, you have used almost only custom models (maybe just), a lot of animation in the background and everything matches, the terrain tile, the buildings, etc.

Other:

The map's presentation is amazing, a neat custom loading screen, the quest log is very polished and the in-game text is very readable and also polished.
The UI choice is also nice and also custom made.
However why didn't you use a custom soundtrack instead of warcraft music?

Overall:

A very well executed map, although a bit too slow and the camera can make things frustrating.

Rating: 5/5

Last edited: