• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Realm of Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am planning on working on a massive scale, RPG map called "The Realm of Arcadia".

I need ideas for mobs, bosses, events, quests, and levels.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Credit will be given if your idea is used.

Also, is the name any good or should I use a different one?

EDIT1:

For the RPG, it will be set in around 700 AD, where medieval warfare and magick was common. I have a base template for majority of lightly forested areas, but I want diversity of regions. I'm thinking of a story about the land being endangered by a dark force and a group of Heroes must save the land and defeat the Dark Lord. I have the end all set, but I have no clue what to do about what kind of terrain I should put in, what mobs should be present, and what bosses should appear along the way. I also need ideas for village names in the fictional, Germanic land of Arcadia. I have a few certain ideas for bosses, but I'm not sure.

For the Dark Lord, I'm thinking he should be a Lich-Borne Gladiator with both Magickal and Physical superiority.
For the rest of the bosses, I need evil forces that correspond with the mobs preceding him/her (i.e, Goblin King after a few regions of Goblins)
Mobs will respawn, loot will be nonexistent but coins will be plentiful for shopping sprees.

I need some more base ideas on what to implement and, mainly, what Heroes should be able to be chosen and the terrains. I'm hoping for at least 8 Heroes and a nice, diverse landscape. Arcadia is a fictional land; any suggested ideas do not require any logic whatsoever.

Last edited:
Level 14
Well the name seems fine to me, but unfortunately you haven't given us any information about your map at all except that it will be a large RPG. Give us an idea about the story, the time it's set in, certain mechanics and systems you plan to put in etc. For example is it set in medieval and magical times or futuristic, or neither? It's tough to come up with random ideas for a map that as far as we know hasn't even been started yet.

That being said, good luck and be sure to add a little update of what your plan is then I'm sure you'll have people full of ideas helping you out.

Edit: That's much better, I'll start thinking of some ideas and let you know. Good luck!

Last edited:
Level 3
You should include a world boss fight. Maybe a quest chain where you have to go around, gathering up allies and supplies and then lead a charge against an enemy base or even a single demon-type boss. Players (if the map will be multi-player, if not then non-player characters and the main players) can work together to bring down something. Afterwards, that zone could offer new services or such because a threat had been diminished.

Additionally, new items could be unlocked. I know you aren't having loot drop from mobs but what about shops? Will they sell items as well and other stuff? Like my RPG, you should have Tier pieces. For example, when you kill a boss you get a Token or something which, when turned in, will grant you a piece of really good armor/weaponry.

Level 3
Ah, you bring up good points. I'll have a system of regions set up and each region will have specific bosses. Once those bosses are defeated, the gate to the next region will open up. Regardless of who helped, each boss will give 5 "Boss Tokens"(Lumber) to each player, and mini-bosses(equivalent to a rare mob in WoW) will give each player 1 Boss Token. This way, no one can completely "ninja" all the boss tokens and get OP gear. Each region will have two shops for its tier, besides for the first region, which has one shop. One shop will be Gear and the other will be Legendary Gear. Legendary gear will be significantly stronger than ordinary gear, but Bosses are more uncommon and do not respawn. Mini-bosses will respawn 10 minutes after their deaths, while mobs respawn seconds after. This encourages saving your Boss Tokens and spending them every few tiers. Meanwhile, you could use ordinary gear to help get this. Thanks for the suggestions!

Level 14
I've got a quest idea that I plan on putting into my own map, but I'll share it with you anyway.

Basically you come across a caravan that has been robbed by bandits. You are asked to track down the bandits. (So far fairly common) You set off after the bandits and need to find clues as to which way they went. They can be anything from dropped loot, to a blood trail, to a broken branch. Once you find the bandits you need to fight them. After you kill them you need to face their leader. The interesting part is when you get him close to death you get 3 choices. Kill him, let him go, and take him to jail. If you choose to kill him the caravan will reward you in some way. If you let him go he will reward you in some way. And if you turn him in you are rewarded by the guards. Basically it's a simple quest but due to the choices makes for better re-playability (If you are going for that)

A lot of the quests that I'll have in my campaign will have clues to follow and different choices to make. I want the outcome to be a little different each time. I know that is difficult to do, but it's something I've always enjoyed.

Level 30
I would like to give you ideas of mobs for the Dark Forces.

Risen Warrior

-A warrior long dead risen from its deep sleep, risen by the Dark Force to serve them for eternal life. This warriors has high HP and defenses which makes them quite a hard foe but with proper tactics and tricks to them, they can be easily taken down.

Skills: Defend
Sadistic Wizard

-Wizard long dead and risen from the dead to inflict pain and suffering to those whom they battle. These wizard even with their lack of life and defenses, they can cover it up with their skills that are highly dangerous which can raise deads and serve them and can chunk quite an HP to enemies.

Skills: Raise Dead and Pain
Will come up with more, hope you like those 2 mob ideas.

Level 6
Yo,i heard you need save/system,currently i have found only one working save system out there,made by Acehart,i've used it in my both rpg's,here you go : http://www.thehelper.net/threads/save-load-code-yet-another.41354/ .

Idea for item :
-Mobs will have extremely rare chance to drop an experience increasing charm,once used it will increase the experience of the hero by 50% for 20 minutes.

And also,if your rpg is multiplayer(you didn't say anywhere what is it but i suppose so),i think you should add more than 8 heroes,at least 15.People like variety.

Last edited:
Level 6
I can give you some ideas for heroes,how many spells is supposted 1 hero to have?

Level 3
Each hero will have 3 regulars abilities and another ability earned at a later level. I'll need to know their primary stat if you suggest heroes, as each hero will also have a stat improvement when leveling up to improve their primary stat; i.e, the priest can get Intelligence stat improvement

Level 6
Hero 1 :

-Hero name : Dark Naga
-Hero Skin - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/iron-maiden-blp-192002/?prev=t=21&r=20&d=list&page=2
-Hero main attribute - agility/melee

-Hero ability 1 : Crushing Wave - Sends a gigantic wave which deals <ACcv,DataA1> damage to each enemy land unit in a line, up to <ACcv,DataB1> max damage.(just the normal wc3 ability)

-Hero ability 2 : Disarm(passive) - Each attack the hero has 1% chance to disarm the opponent for 2 seconds and deal 30 bonus damage,level 2 - 2% chance,40 bonus dmg,level 3 - 4% chance and 50 bonus damage.

-Hero ability 3 : Blink Strike - The hero blinks to an enemy and gains bonus attack speed,20 attack speed per level for 5 seconds,20 cd.35 mana cost.

-Hero ability 4(ULTIMATE) : The naga uses her dark powers to damage her enemy,dealing x5 agility damage and knockdowns the enemy for 3 seconds.70CD,250 mana.By knocking down i mean play death animation for the enemy and bring him up after 3 seconds.And use bleed effect as well.

Hero suggestions : Use 1.20 scale value and selection scale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level idea : every time a hero gains a level,refresh his hp,mana and cooldowns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.