• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Realm of Vaktovia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings, I am Vaktovia, better known as Autarch Vaktus, and I am going to be starting on a map that I will call "Realm of Vaktovia".
Yes, the name is similar to Arcadia's.

I need ideas as to what should be in my Realm.
Thank you for any ideas.

Level 2
You could say what is it you are after exactly by giving examples, it makes people answer.

I will start with some general facts that I think make sense and move to something specific.

Now, as a base, I think you should have different factions in your RPG that the player can interact with, or join. Such as: Knights, Bounty Hunters, Magicians etc. Make a conflict between the factions or any other kind of bond that they could share in your game. I, for one, always look for things like these in a RPG, but could do without if it has a nice story line.

To have a successful story, it should not be told by only one character or at the beginning of the game, it isn't very exciting that way. But, it should be revealed throughout the game and let that veil of mystery be destroyed by the player himself. Also, it should not be repetitive as that isn't much fun, but surprising and relevant.

The terrain in a RPG, by any means, should not be the same everywhere. For example, in a region you will make a snowy land and in another, a desert or a green land. Their level of difficulty should be different, leveling them up from the first region your characters start, to which they end. Stick to making other creeps with their own special abilities in each region, it makes it much more interesting than fighting that same wolf everywhere.

To be more specific and subjective, start with a swamp, that name "Vaktovia" gives me the idea of a swampland, make some kind of a Voodoo faction there and a counter faction, namely the representatives of the God made official in the entire realm. That obviously means that they intend to make the Voodoo disappear because it is against their belief and law. This conflict can have whatever results you wish, provided it makes sense.

That is my idea, well, an idea starter. But, whatever you do, make the map slowly. Develop a region, make what you need and want there, finish what you intend to with that region and then move on to the next. Making a little bit of this and a little bit of that will drive you to the extent of your patience later. Additionally, do not try to make quests which could prove too hard for you. Start with something easier, even if you do know a lot about GUI/JASS, and then continue with something more intense.

I hope that what I wrote helps with something, and that I'm not too off-topic considering what you meant.

Last edited:
Level 3
Come on, you can't just copy Arcadia. I understand that you want to create a map... but for starters change the name from "Realm of..."

Secondly, specify more information to make your map unique. Is it similar to Arcadia's in that it's an RPG? Or is it a campaign? Or a minigame type map?

We need more information to give you answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.