• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Hunter: Unite (ORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings all hivers!

I have become inspired by Gameloft's handheld game "Dungeon Hunter" (there are even 3 parts of it) and in a somehow different type I wanted to make an online map where you can choose between 2 factions: The human realm of Gothicus and the orcish (unsure about the name) "horde" or something. It should be a classic-RPG-style map to absolve quests while you're exploring the mysterious world. "Dungeon Hunter: Unite" will be taking place couple years after the happenings of the original "Dungeon Hunter" game. I already have made a basic world map. At this time the world is shattered in several fragments. Each for each realm... But I'm not sure if I really should start this and invest much much time in this project? Maybe you can help me with my decision and/or what to be implemented and all that stuff :)

And for those of you who don't know what "Dungeon Hunter" is - it is kinda a Diablo clone (but with a complete different story, of course)

Kind regards,
Jon

Level 7
well first of all have you talked with the original map creator? just to make sure you can use the name of his map

and 2nd, i've never played that map but for those who have played it maybe they would enjoy a sequel, but like every sequel it needs to be better than the old version, so if you want to make this map, good luck :)

if you need any ideas post them here.

Level 2
well first of all have you talked with the original map creator? just to make sure you can use the name of his map

and 2nd, i've never played that map but for those who have played it maybe they would enjoy a sequel, but like every sequel it needs to be better than the old version, so if you want to make this map, good luck :)

if you need any ideas post them here.

Hello magIc_seeKer,

First of all, thank you for replying ;) . Secondly "Dungeon Hunter" is not a warcraft 3 map yet, it is a real game (like Diablo is) for iOS and Android. And to bring it to the PC I wanted to make a multiplayer map. So the map will base on the actual game but is completely different in story and such.

Sincerely,
Jon

Level 18
I went online to see what is this 'Dungeon Hunter' is about... And basically it is a mix of Diablo series with Zelda classic...

...and in a somehow different type I wanted to make an online map where you can choose between 2 factions: The human realm of Gothicus and the orcish (unsure about the name) "horde" or something. It should be a classic-RPG-style map to absolve quests while you're exploring the mysterious world.

This reminds me of a MMO game called 'Risk Your Life' where the player chooses between Human and an Orcish-like race and roam the land...

..."Dungeon Hunter: Unite" will be taking place couple years after the happenings of the original "Dungeon Hunter" game. I already have made a basic world map. At this time the world is shattered in several fragments. Each for each realm...

I never played the game (unfortunately), but the idea seems interesting... I assume;
1) The players from each fraction will battle out over the dominance of all realm fragments,
2) Players will reach different realms through various portals,
3) Players and their respective fraction wins the game by dominating the entire realms,

Level 7
well, sorry for the confusion

it's an ambitious project and i wanna follow the evolution of it.

it's up to you if you have the time to make the project, if you really wanna make it, we cannot tell you what to do, ow well, we could, but you don't have to listen to us :)

also, i'm 100% sure that if you decide to start, there are a lot of hivers who would help you if you need it.

good luck

Level 2
Hello Wandering Soul,

you have guessed it almost right ^.^ the players can fight each other in RvR (Realm vs. Realm) Battles to capture villages, forts and reputation (of course Humans vs. Orcs) but the actual goal of the game is (like the title says) to fight together against the demons and other deadly creatures in the dungeons and in random events. To kill the world boss you will have to stand together. But in the whole RvR you will battle with/for your faction. That's my opinion to unite humans and orcs and therefore it's called "Dungeon Hunter Unite"

Thank you all for your positive comments and suggestions. I hopefully get a couple people to help me with all the systems and stuff.

Best regards,
Jon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.