• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I've thought up an idea for a map, any feedback on the idea would be appreciated.

It's a map, with multiple dungeons in it. These will have separate themes, such as an underground cave, sewers. The host can select one of these for all the players to participate in. When the host chooses, each player can select a class (healer, warrior, etc.). Each class will have a unique purpose in the raid, e.g. rogues attempt to disable traps, machinists operate mechanical objects.

Then they all have to fight their way through the dungeon, solving puzzles, avoiding traps and killing creeps, until they reach the end where there will be a boss. Once this boss is defeated, the host may choose another dungeon to raid. The puzzles in these dungeons may be mainly co-operative puzzles, for example, each player must stand on a specific area for the gate to open, or all the players have to find an item each to pass, etc.

There will also be loot that can be carried over to the next dungeon or can be converted into points for various rewards.

So what do you think?

Level 2
That seems like a good idea, I'll add it to my plan. Thanks!

Anyone else have more feedback or ideas?

Level 12
So its like a various puzzle minigame? Very nice. The idea sounds unique and fun. However, it may be hard to find 4-5 players at times so I suggest it be played single-player aswell (simply give player1 all 4-5 classes).

I also have this image of how the characters can be chosen. First, the opening cinematic would show a shadowy village tavern. Now when we're shown inside each character would be at a different table performing different acts perhaps. Maybe add a little conversation about the Multiple Dungeons (You know, great riches and stuff thing) then allow character selection by clicking twice (once to show description- twice to pick class) or any way you wish.

Hope the ideas helped, they sounded cool in my head :p.

Level 2
Your ideas sound cool, they really do, but they aren't exactly practical.

For example, if someone had to re-host the map multiple times due to leavers etc, s/he would have to watch the opening cinematic again and again, which can test the patience of anyone.

I haven't really thought about single-player compatibility, but I'll take your idea under advisement.

Thanks for the feedback, +Rep for the ideas.

Unfortunately, most things sound cool in my head as well (when they probably aren't).

Status
Not open for further replies.