• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Forgotten Realm - Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'll start off with heroes.

How big of a map will this be? 12 player, 10 player? Will teams be even? It has the feel of a Blademasters map to me, but what kinds of heroes are you looking for? Classic AoE, DPS, Support, Healer, Disabler, Buffer, etc, the list goes on. And how do you want to separate each group of heroes? Do you want people to be able to choose which side they go on or are you going to make sure certain heroes remain within each group?
What kind of selection are we looking at? 12 heroes at max? What should be their starting stats and items? Will heroes have access to items early on? Does dying once signal the end of the game for a hero or is there an element of reincarnation outside of Ahkhs?

There seems to be an 4-pronged elemental system set in place, with Death as the outlier. How do you want spells of different elements to interact? Should there be a synergistic effect or no effect at all? Should there be only 4 elements of magic to choose from? (4 and a half if you count Life within Air)

What kind of level cap are we imagining? Level 11? Level 25? How many abilities should each hero (6, I'm guessing) and what level can they be upgraded to? How high should stats go for each hero? I would assume normal stat gains, because you have such high int. modifiers for Xelia's spells?

More questions than ideas, as is my habit, but I want to flesh out the map a little more. xD;

Nox

Nox

Level 2
It's a campaign that I'm making so size-wise it is single player. One player controlling multiple heroes was pretty fun in the bonus orc campaign in TFT so I figured I'd do something like that here. In the missions you will be switching back and forth between the two groups of heroes just about every level. In the first group there is Xelia and one more hero who are trying to find the weapon. The second group has 3 heroes that are fighting in the war.

Starting stats for the heroes are pretty much the default. Stats gains will be pretty reasonable on items as well. There will be a good amount of items you can get early on through quests and vendors.

Death isn't going to cost you the game, there will be resurrection stones and when a hero dies, they will revive at the active stone after a brief wait. If your heroes die during a boss fight or event then the event will most likely reset. I plan to make the bosses quite challenging so it might take a few attempts before you figure out a way to defeat a certain boss.

There isn't really an elemental system planned, those are just basically the themes of the gods. By the end of the campaign your heroes will end up being lvl 18-20 or so. The skills have 6 levels each though, so you'll have some decisions to make.

I've completed the 2nd hero thats going to be in Xelia's group, I'll add his spells to the main post in a bit. I've decided on what the other 3 heroes are going to be but I'm not sure on their spells yet. There is going to be an archer hero with different shots with poison or bleeding effects, and probably some traps. Another one is going to be a paladin. He'll probably have different auras that you can switch between depending on the situation, and some healing abilities. And lastly a fire mage that can shapeshift into a basilisk for melee combat, or cast spells from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.