• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcadia (RPG)

Do you think this will be a good RPG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

for list of fixes go here [RPG] Arcadia - Page 2 - The Helper Forums

Hi,

The map is now attached to this post for testing

i am making an RPG and this below is a basic description of the map and what is about.

Basic Story line: Updated
Arcadia is about the heros and villans from games like final fantasy 7, 8, and 9 and some new heros that arent even from thos games being transported to a mythical land where they are forced to work together to stop an evil from destroying Arcadia so that they can find there way back home again. While being transported to Arcadia the hero's and villens where seperated from there bodies and stripped of there powers and are now start out as peasents so you must decide what peasent belgons in what body (hero selection) then you will be transported to Inigma village (starting town) where you meet Cpt, John, he will tell you what going on around Inigma Village and Inigma woods, after that you set out on your quest to save Arcadia

Characters: Updated

Cloud - Sword Master - - Meant for tanking - ff7 - custom modle
Sephiroth - Sword Master - - Meant for tanking - ff7 - custom modle
Vivi - Mage - - Ranged - ff9 - could get a modle
Moogle - ranged and close up (close up not recomended - any ff - could find a modle
Shadow fangs - Tank - new
Thorn - Both Close and Ranged - new
Squall - Gun Blade Weilder - Tank - ff8 - couldnt find a modle
Azura - Assassin Mage - Ranged - new

Features: updated
Custom Abilities:
Omnislash
Meteor
Altima - removed due to complication
Darkness Balls - removed due to complication
Dash Slice

Cinamatics updated
so far there are Three cinamatics in this map.

Thank you,
Ruku-Chank

Attachments

• Arcadia Mini Map.jpg
    Arcadia Mini Map.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 388
  • Arcadia screen shot.jpg
    Arcadia screen shot.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 569
  • Arcadia Screen shot 1.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 382
  • Arcadia screen shot 2.jpg
    Arcadia screen shot 2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Arcadia Screen shot 3.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Arcadia Screen shot 4.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 447
  • Arcadia Beta Version 1.06.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 12
Actually, your description is great. Continue forth, my friend, glorious horizons of dementia await you.

Mind I suggest you to fix some veri obvious and multiple grammar errors in the same words?

modle => model

cinamatic => cinematic

This will make your grand description to look EVEN more awesome. Let me bow before your talent.

:p

P.S. Seriously, there's a good tutorial which can help you. At least it was quite helpful for me when I started to make my map. And don't give up if others don't like your work. I was kidding in this post, I think that this map is too simple in terrain, I don't know about triggers, so you should try to improve it. Always struggle for perfection and one day you will make something really valuable.

Level 2
you trying to tell me my terrain is flat from just a few pics ok for one you havent even seen very much of it and it is far from flat.

and i didnt mean not to tell me the bad things about it
i just didnt want any bashing is all

Level 24
Well in almost all of the screenshots you have posted so far the terrain is too flat. Some tile variation would help a lot, and it needs a lot more detail. Even just some rocks would help make the terrain look so much better, especially in the third and fourth terrains, which looks really empty at the moment.

Also in the city terrain you need to have a lot more buildings, and also some things like crates barrels, etc.

Anyway just keep at it, your terraining will get better with practice.

Level 2
Well your ogre area in the third screenshot is decent (could use more doodads than just trees though), but having the grassy area next to a volcano... it just doesn't mix right.

Volcanoes are cool, but does it go with the storyline? If it does, I suggest taking the volcano doodad out from the top and just add a few fire doodads in place of it. If not, then it's just taking up space that could be used for something more valuable to the story.

The blighted area in the fifth screenshot is where the "flat" comments are coming from. That could use some height texturing. It looks like random doodads were just dropped in it too. Maybe some dark red runes or undead decorations, Cityscape-type doodads removed and fog and would make it look more eerie.

Last thing... you might want to stick to one general series. Since it's mostly Final Fantasy right now, I would say stick only with a Final Fantasy theme. Just about everyone loves Final Fantasy that has played it before.

Level 2
you have no idea wether or not i am good at doing trigger or not just by looking at that so shut up and wait for the map to judge my triggering.

and yes i know the terrain needs more details and i know it looks flat in those but it isnt flat and the map is no where near complete.

this post was for the beta version of the map so ppl could try it out and let me know what they think, you one of those let me know what needs improveing and where the glitches are sort of thing but

i will be putting up new screen shots soon

Level 12
Better post a beta/alpha/testing versions to look for errors. There're always some problems when you try your maps in multiplayer and it requires a lot of beta testing to make the map bug-free.

Also it's not a good idea to tell old forum dwellers to shut up if you're going to be liked here.

Level 2
yeah i just now found a problem where i put some pathing blockers for some reason i can stille walk thru them. but il get it fixed at some point.

oh and you can download the map in this thread if you havent already

Level 2
it would help if ppl would download it and play it and let me know whats wrong with and what needs to be fixed....so i can you know make it better

Level 2
Well I've only played as Sephiroth so far. His Dash Slice is pretty nice, but only one level? Sephiroth needs to be made invulnerable when Dash Slicing. And I think you should have more custom spells suited specially for the heroes rather than using basic Warcraft skills like Chain Lightning.

After Andariel, I went through the waygate. I saw the cinematic (which by the way the camera was way off from the triggering hero when it panned back over). After the cinematic, I was trapped in that area. I couldn't destroy the dungeon gate door to get to the demons since it was invulnerable, and there was no way of going back to a past area. I highly suggest you check that over ASAP.

Level 24
right, i rly didnt know why i said that...

no actually i meant that you should learn as much as you can before creating a map which means that it would be good for you as well, to reach a high level of mapping, triggering and terraining before you do a map all alone

else to get the best results you should find urself some project members, who are good at doing one of those things, and you do the concept and one part you are best in doing

thats all, hope i didnt offend you

-palaslayer-

Level 2
yeah i am trying to get some prject members and i just now got one, so i have someone les to do terrain on this map or at least fix it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.