• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] A post-Frozen Throne RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am thinking of creating an rpg map about the story after frozen throne,where the previous heroes will rise up and battle the lich king+Arthas once and for all. The heroes are original campaign heroes such as Cenarius and Thrall, while getting new powers. The heroes will be highly specific(specially for tanking,healing,etc),and is fun to play multiplayer,yet entertaining for single player.

The thread is here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/fall-lich-king-229690/

Last edited:
There is written lore related to wc3, everything about Arthas, Illidan and so on. If you make map with blizzard characters you must fallow main plot and that's really hard, also you can't create some new abilities like black hole for human mage, when there is no any logical explanation for it.

It's always easier to create your own unique story where you have 100% freedom to do anything you want.

Level 3
The reason I used the original character is because I can use the original models as what they are, also I am interested in the lore of wc3, therefore I am willing to study it for this map. I will try to give them abilities base on their characteristic in the original wc3 campaign, and will look for inspiration from the DotA map as it follows part of the lore.

Level 3
After doing a lot of research on hive workshop, I think I have the basic grasps for making an rpg map now. Expect an introduction of the map soon. Still, any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.