• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Dang it, they lied to me; I was told we get one new Firelord variant and one new Marketplace variant. This one here looks a bit Troll-ish
Well, Firelord does indeed have two variants:

WC3ScrnShot_012820_143435_001.png

So it's possible that I've simply missed something or the person that told you that wasn't precise about what unit got another variant. Though, I've also checked the Fruit Stand and Goblin Merchant models, which seem to be the closest to the Marketplace in terms of function and they also don't have any variants.

Level 13
Well, Firelord does indeed have two variants:

View attachment 345550

So it's possible that I've simply missed something or the person that told you that wasn't precise about what unit got another variant. Though, I've also checked the Fruit Stand and Goblin Merchant models, which seem to be the closest to the Marketplace in terms of function and they also don't have any variants.
That's funny. I don't remember there ever being a Firelord in the Campaigns. So what's the point of this Firelord then?
@MasterBlaster before they close the beta, can you check, still no Sen'jin, no Dwarf Axemen, no Orc Spearthrowers?(the last two would fix some campaign inconsistencies quite nicely)

Level 20
@MasterBlaster before they close the beta, can you check, still no Sen'jin, no Dwarf Axemen, no Orc Spearthrowers?(the last two would fix some campaign inconsistencies quite nicely)
Well, I've already uninstalled the beta in preparation for the release, so no - I can't check at this time.

I can't say about Sen'jin, but I don't remember seeing Axemen/Spearthrowers.

Level 13
Well, I've already uninstalled the beta in preparation for the release, so no - I can't check at this time.

I can't say about Sen'jin, but I don't remember seeing Axemen/Spearthrowers.
Well, can you check it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and say, was it your a.) or b.) theory? :D

Level 13
I will probably start playing at midnight and I might post some impressions and screenshots as I go :)
Well considering you first need to doenload 30 GB, (unless you have a super fast internet) that's a few hours. And at least an hour till the game has downloaded to be optimaly playable(wouldn't advise playing in just a playable stage). So you won't start playing it at midnight :p

Level 20
Well considering you first need to doenload 30 GB, (unless you have a super fast internet) that's a few hours. And at least an hour till the game has downloaded to be optimaly playable(wouldn't advise playing in just a playable stage). So you won't start playing it at midnight :p
We'll see - I think I will manage :)

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Firelord in the Campaigns.

the non-generic Firelord will probably replace the excess Murloc Sorceror in Countdown to Extinction since it's gonna be weird now seeing two non-generic characters in one map. Sea Witch and Volcanus should attack on the West Side and the Murloc Sorceror should attack on the North Side, if I'm not mistaken no hero attacked the East Side

there was supposed to be a melee Dwarf unit in Into the Shadow Web Caverns but probably got scrapped.

Level 34
You really have a thing for harassing Blizzard employees, man
HAHAHAHA
It just CAME out of me! :cgrin:
OLD SCHOOL STYLE! Not as those modern weaklings and their way of speech.
But seriously man, go and see again my screenshot, you will see at his name it says ,,4 posts" !!!!!
And he is community manager. He last posted something one month ago! And those ,,GameMasters" got exhausted by me.... Those weaklings are working for corporation and got paid for. Over 10 years ago, in my time when I was moderator, it was honor to work here and we never got exhausted of work or inactive like that. Plus they are paid.
haha and now I am harassing someone! You should see what majority does, comparing to them, I am soft. I told him with style!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
That's funny. I don't remember there ever being a Firelord in the Campaigns. So what's the point of this Firelord then?
What's the point of mounted Jaina?
Oh yea, diversity and more models for mapping.
the non-generic Firelord will probably replace the excess Murloc Sorceror in Countdown to Extinction
>!?<
out of the blue?

Level 13
The point of Daughter of the Sea is to have a bonus skin for those who bought the delux edition (and probably to people who chose to buy it afterwards). It's for multiplayer, and a recognizable figure from WoW(the main protagonist of BfA). She rides a horse, so that she could have the same animations as the other melee Archmages, and besides she rides a horse in WoW. The basic idea is to have a prominent WoW figure as a bonus playable melee hero, same goes for bonus Thrall(the main protagonist of cataclysm) and Nightmare Cenarius(a boss in Legion Emerald Nightmare raid).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The point of Daughter of the Sea is to have a bonus skin for those who bought the delux edition (and probably to people who chose to buy it afterwards). It's for multiplayer, and a recognizable figure from WoW. She rides a horse, so that she could have the same animations as the other melee Archmages, and besides she rides a horse in WoW. The basic idea is to have a prominent WoW figure as a bonus playable melee hero, same goes for bonus Thrall and Nightmare Cenarius(a boss in WoW).
What's the difference?
Volcanus

Level 34
the non-generic Firelord will probably replace the excess Murloc Sorceror
Wait.... what? When did they tell that firelord will be in campaign?
I like that idea actually since main sorcereer hero died in previous mission as far I remember. So his place should definitively take place firelord. Or even better, put firelord in previous dungeon map mission where is hot lava to be present. he commanding those burning skeleton archers. Just as prop, as deepstarasz will point out, he is not related lore wise there. But we do not have him anywhere so putting him in dungeon wont harm anything.

Oh no. Diversity! Overused word which often ruins stuff. I am totally sure that those female demon hunter and death knights will attract girls massively to play Reforged! Playerbase of women is heavy.

Level 34
Not the typical type though
Oh! I totally forgot.... (modern times eh).
I wondered for long time, why the hell they pushed some agenda into game for no reason. But you answered me in one sentence.
Personally I do not care about those female skins. Maybe I will check it, maybe not, once I can play in reforged graphics. But it was unnecessarily.
Hey, maybe those ,,non typical type" are working for Blizzard as one of employees. Another one to harass! :cgrin:

Level 20
Looks like @Venombite might have jinxed it :(

According to some basic math, my internet should download Reforged in about 3,5-4 hours, but as we near 4,5 hours until release with nothing to download, I'm starting to fear that I won't be able to make it before midnight :( Like, damn, I hope they release the download in the next 30-60 minutes.

---

DOWNLOADING :) It will be pretty close, but there's a chance that I'll finish before midnight :)

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm not gonna mention names but geez, can people stop whining all the time. It's just a game. Chill the fuck down.

Ok I get it, if they fuck it up big time it's quiet sad. I played this game since I was 8. But I'm sure it'll be fun. It will be different and some people will by default hate that. I am just happy this game is getting any attention at all. It has been pretty dead the last, idk, 10 years. Warcraft 3 is practically the only game i still play.

And to all of you who whine about Blizzard being a capitalist shareholder company, BIG SURPRISE. Remember, you can always play classic.
Times are changing.

3 hours left :)

Level 13
Huge spoiler!!!

Won't even link it how huge it is, but Arthas vs Illidan cinematic has been datamined and is on WoWhead's front page. So, you can check it out if you like.
Honestly, I'm dissapointed!

Level 9
Huge spoiler!!!

Won't even link it how huge it is, but Arthas vs Illidan cinematic has been datamined and is on WoWhead's front page. So, you can check it out if you like.
Honestly, I'm dissapointed!
I agree, they lied they said there will be no retcons but here there were over a 100 retcons.
Morons!

Level 13
I agree, they lied they said there will be no retcons but here there were over a 100 retcons.
Morons!
Not beacuse of that, I don't care about the retconns. Frenkly I don't see any here. Imo it's totally unepic, and they swing their blades like a pair of imbeciles. And none of them uses a single magic ability, aside from Illidan transforming, just to "die" the very next second. To me it was kinda boring to watch.It may get better with music, though, but this still stays.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Lol, Illidan screams like the sinking Titanic before they actually meet.
Not sure why Arthas would just stand while Illidan's with his back metamorphosing.

Well, if this is the actual edit of the original, than indeed it is disappointing.

Frenkly I don't see any here.
Watch the original 100 times then.
Joking. Minor but still some.

Level 9
Not beacuse of that, I don't care about the retconns. Frenkly I don't see any here. Imo it's totally unepic, and they swing their blades like a pair of imbeciles. And none of them uses a single magic ability, aside from Illidan transforming, just to "die" the very next second. To me it was kinda boring to watch.It may get better with music, though, but this still stays.
The retcons were Illidan using metamorphosis and all that stuff...

Level 9
That's artistic license.
Yes but that's not used properly, they could have preserved continuity. And what's with that Arthas plot armour? How can he evade Illidan's blades with that illogical luck???
@Venombite
Do you think battle and their actions are not part of the story? This battle also gives illogical luck to Arthas but this was not the case in the classic cinematic.

Level 20
I just accessed the game through the Classic. It seems like there's no more Single Player button option, which is freaking me out, because there are no servers in my country, but i just created a custom game and my ping is 50ms.

It looks like they managed to fix the Plastic look of custom models, which is absolutely fantastic, although most of custom models scaling are still messed up.

Performance is great so far, even under heavy graphical load.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edit*: I also noticed that units have different sounds when dying, it's really funny, like in Warcraft 1 and 2;

Edit 2: Map Previews still not working

Edit 3: BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip() still buggy, works for some abilities and not for others, probably something related to buffer size.

Last edited:
Level 20
I just accessed the game through the Classic. It seems like there's no more Single Player button option, which is freaking me out, because there are no servers in my country, but i just created a custom game and my ping is 50ms.

It looks like they managed to fix the Plastic look of custom models, which is absolutely fantastic, although most of custom models scaling are still messed up.
The scaling was always something everyone was going to have to fix themselves since if you didn't change it yourself it would inherit whatever the scaling was on the base unit (because the devs didn't adhere to a universal scale when making the new models which is pretty stupid).

The plastic look being fixed is great, though. That messed up everything.

ED: currently downloading the patch for my Classic.

They really messed up classic....

Visual issues in the Reforged SD graphics : WC3
List of Issues in Reforged SD graphics option
Visual issues TFT/Reforged SD

Honestly, I didn't mind any of the other changes they did up till this point, but now they really managed to ruin it :(

The problem looks really small from the imgur images, but it affects so many custom terraining models/doodads so people who are really invested in making good looking terrain will have MAJOR issues with the new patch.

Someone told me that they use the new Reforged rendering for SD graphics too, and that that's part of the issue.

Level 6
Arthas vs Illidan :

Yes but that's not used properly, they could have preserved continuity. And what's with that Arthas plot armour? How can he evade Illidan's blades with that illogical luck???
@Venombite
Do you think battle and their actions are not part of the story? This battle also gives illogical luck to Arthas but this was not the case in the classic cinematic.

Or it finally makes sense. Illidan was in good/average shape, while Arthas was weakened because of a lack of maintenance on Ner'Zhul prison.
The original cinematic was sad, and cringe. I mean, Illidan, losing without even trying against a young human only carrying a baddass sword. At least now it's clear, Arthas did not win this pathetic fight because he's a better fighter than +10k years old demon Illidan. He solely won because it was his fate to become the Lich King.

Regarding the quality of the cinematic... even without music it sounds okay. The screams did not make me cringe. And it looks good and shows the quality of ingame models.

- - -

And yes, the graphics engine is new, and is the same for HD and SD assets.
It was announced 2 years ago :

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Arthas did not win this pathetic fight because he's a better fighter than +10k years old demon Illidan. He solely won because it was his fate to become the Lich King.
Lame prophetic storytelling much?
Arthas was empowered by Ner'zhul with the last drops of powers the Lich King had.
However, it might have been that Illidan was too arrogant and made a wrong step.
Nah, lol, Illidan changed form only to use bare hands jumping at a man holding a long sword with no way of properly blocking or changing course when needed, for Illidan I mean.

Last edited:
Level 20
Arthas vs Illidan :

At least now it's clear, Arthas did not win this pathetic fight because he's a better fighter than +10k years old demon Illidan.
10k years of sitting in a prison cell. Night Elf fanboys keep using the 10k years argument like they were actively doing something those 10k years, that they learned 10k years of knowledge or experience and applied them in a way that challenged them-- oh wait, they didn't. Nothing challenged Night Elf dominance in those 10k years except Ahn Qiraj and even Tyrande, the character people think automatically wins every battle because of her age = experience wasn't involved in that.

If age mattered that much Dragons would automatically win every conflict-- but they DON'T.

Level 6
It doesn't matter how we can explain it, or how the scenarists describe it. Ner'Zhul using his last percent of energy left to empower his savior, Arthas in better shape because he's not far from the Frozen Throne, or Illidan being Illidan (narcissist, arrogant, know-it-all, and dramaqueen/anti-hero) and he got outmached because he tripped on the snow or whatever. Arthas was meant to be a big villain. Who cares if Illidan transformed, used fel laser beams, summoned fel fire to melt the whole Northrend. The guy who eats demonic energy for breakfast and received his invitation to the club of fel energy lovers by Sargeras himself, lost to a young human with a big sword.
This fight outcome never reflected the power of the fighters. Might as well illustrate that fight with good scenes and animations. And taking a break mid-fight to drop your weapons and going commando to continue the fight looks cool. So yes, it's only a prophetic storytelling thing, because before WoW, the main narration in Warcraft was more important than the individual credibility of few scenes. And the narration needed Arthas to win this fight, and Illidan to engage it so he could fail it, so both could gain some dramatic-fallen-hero fames.

And of course Razorclaw_X, Illidan's power should not be proportionate with his age. Because as you said, he spent the majority of his life in a tiny cell. But before being imprisoned he had quite a lot of fighting experiences. Way way more than Arthas. I'm not an Illidan fanboy, I don't like the character. But power-wise, of course he should outmatch pre-Lich King Arthas.
He was already a really good warrior before he met the Burning Legion. Arthas' fighting experience was about smashing ghouls and murdering villagers.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Sure events and character fates are supposed to follow the plot but it matters how it is being described/shown.

No one said night elves became invincible. Many of them were just very experienced at what they were doing. Of course they eventually stagnated because they stood rooted in their traditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.