• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

⚙️Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes – Version 1.36 - UPDATED MAY 17

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Blizzard said:
Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes -- Version 1.36]

Version 1.36

May 9, 2023

Balance

• Immolation damage reduced from 7/12/18 to 6/11/17.
  • Sentinel Research cost reduced from 100/100 to 50/50 gold/lumber.
  • Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 16 on heroes (24 on regular units remains unchanged).
  • Sundering Blades bonus reduced from 15% to 10%.
  • Troll headhunter hit points reduced from 375 to 350.
  • Pulverized cost reduced from 225 to 175 lumber.
  • Cannibalization cost reduced from 75 to 50 gold.
  • Cannibalization research time reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.
  • Claws of attack +5 damaged reduced to +4.
  • Claws of attack +9 damaged reduced to +8.
  • Potion of Greater Mana reduced from 250 to 200.
  • Mana Stone mana granted on consumption reduced from 250 to 200.
  • Circlet of Nobility item level increased from 2 to 3.
  • Ring of Protection +3 item level decreased from 2 to 1.
  • Ring of Protection +4 item level decreased from 3 to 2.
  • Ring of Protection +5 item level decreased from 6 to 3.
  • Ring of Superiority added to the drop table as a level 1 item (+1 to all stats).
  • Ring of the Archmagic added to the drop table as a level 4 item (+3 to all stats).
  • Wand of Mana Steal reduced from 65 to 60.
  • Lighting Shield removed from the item table.

Ranked

• After the end of each season, MMR will now reset. (Previously, MMR did not fully reset after each season.)
  • The map pool has been standardized to include 10 maps featuring a collection of well-known classic and new community maps.
  • Map vetoes now offer a maximum of 3 vetoes for all modes.

Observer Mode

• Added the option to disable/enable observer mode UI. This is automatically set OFF by default
  • Added click-to-follow in the observer mode UI by clicking the command card.
  • Removed the control panel and moved the command card to the far right. Hotkeys for toggling menus are available in the help menu.
  • Production bar progress color is now white.
  • Hotkey to swap to the Production panel is “Alt +P”, and to swap to the Unit panel, is “Alt + U”.
  • Added new features and Updated UI for Observer Mode.
  • All panels can be toggled on and off individually, using hotkeys or the Control Panel.
  • Added Statistics Panel: you can now view the Race, Gold, Lumber, Food, and APM of all players in the game at once.
  • Added Production queue. You can now view which units each player is currently building at once.
  • Added Unit view. You can now view all of the units in each player’s army at once.
  • You can now toggle between viewing the Production Queue or the Unit view.
  • Added Hero Panel view. You can now view all of the heroes and their items and abilities for up to 4 players at once. You can also click on heroes to center your camera on them.

Tournaments

• Tournaments now accessible via the Versus screen.
  • Tournaments will run daily.
  • Tournaments are open to all players.
  • Added additional UI to indicate when the next tournament begins.
  • Each Tournament will have different game rules, maps, and available races.
  • Preliminary Phase: Play up to 8 games, and earn points based on wins and losses.
  • The Top 16 players from the Preliminary will face each other in an Elimination bracket.
  • Go undefeated in the Elimination Bracket to win the whole tournament!
  • Unlock unique Portraits by earning points competing in Tournaments.
  • Stats on Tournaments performance are displayed on your Player Profile.

Chat

• In-Game and Global chat can now be toggled on and off in the Settings.

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue that prevented users from creating 512x512 custom maps.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when calling BlizHideOriginFrames.
  • Fixed an issue where selecting Blademaster’s Mirror Image would break the Observer Mode UI.
  • Fixed an issue where Ranked icons were missing from the Versus: Ranked Screen.
  • Fixed an issue where your Highest Rank and Race stats were being pulled from recent Tournament history.
  • Fixed an issue causing a crash on log-in.
  • Fixed an issue where effects in the fog of war could cause the game to crash.
  • Fixed an issue causing a crash while observing a CPU Game.
  • Fixed an issue causing a crash when becoming an Observer on Defeat.
  • Fixed an issue where in-game hotkeys were still functional while your Menus were open.
  • Fixed an issue where Replays would be soft-locked if you attempted to watch one immediately after playing a match.
  • Fixed an issue where you would see a black screen when observing games with a large number of players.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s division icons in the leaderboard were not updating properly.
New hotfixes deployed this evening:
  • Fixed an issue where F3 would disable the mini-map in non-obserever-mode games.
  • Fixed an issue where Ring of Protection + 5 had the incorrect gold cost.
  • Fixed an issue where Ring of Protection +4 had the incorrect gold cost.
  • Fixed an issue where Ring of Protection +3 had the incorrect gold cost.
  • FIxed an issue where Ring of Archmagic had the incorrect gold cost.
  • Fixed an issue where players would have incorrect match details.
  • FIxed an issue where players matches were being scored as “Ties” in non-tournament matches.
  • Fixed an issue where Custom Campaign difficulty resets to normal on next level.
  • Fixed a Chat bug in the lobbies of a Custom Game: someone entering or leaving the game would focus your window on the lobby, even if you were typing in the chat.
  • Fixed an issue where Tournaments Race description was partially cut out in the Tournaments tab.
  • Fixed overlap in the Allies tab in Spanish.
  • Fixed an issue where tournament games did not score correctly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05-12-2023
Today, we’ve deployed the following hotfixes.

• Fixed an issue where the Night Elf entangled goldmine would make it not visible in the fog of war.
  • Fixed an issue where blighted trees would be visible in the fog of war.
  • Fixed a server crash that could prevent matchmaking.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05-17-2023
Today, we’ve deployed the following hotfixes to the game:

• Fixed an issue in the new Tournament service causing games to not process.
  • Fixed an issue where if a player disconnected in a ranked play, the game would not process for all players.
  • Fixed a bug causing a front-end memory leak.
  • The elimination bracket is now visible.
  • Fixed a bug preventing Tournament games from being scored.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the game from shutting down gracefully when viewing the Tournament leaderboards.
  • Fixed an issue causing dead heroes to still be present in the unit panel in observer mode.
  • Removed tint behind Production and Unit Panel.
  • Fixed a bug causing some locales to display 12-hour time where 24-hour time is intended.

Last edited:
Level 10
A small note.
Fixed an issue that prevented users from creating 512x512 custom maps.
Is most likely wrong, as it would require a large deal of internal changes to actually make work.
We theorized that it's most likely that 512MB maps now work in customs properly and it was miscommunicated somehow.

Level 34
I think it is refering to the mana that gets restored.
Ah yeah, at first I thought so as well, but did not remember since I did not play the game for very long time.
So, it generated 250 mana for 20 years, and now suddenly some genius thought that it is wise to decrease it to 200! And those jokes of ,,claws of attack" got even weaker. They are decreasing many things, I do not like it.

Link to original Blizzard post has " too much.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-patch-notes-version-136/30481"
->

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Link to original Blizzard post has " too much.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-patch-notes-version-136/30481"
->
Fixed :)

Level 8
soo... they still haven't fixed the oil production of naga buildings? :ogre_love:

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    390 KB · Views: 165
Level 10
Mmm... so I just realized this:

• Claws of attack +9 damaged reduced to +8.

If my custom map contained the +9 dmg item ability of Claws of Attack +9 (without any change on its stats), it means that if the player now plays this new patch, my custom item will be nerfed too, am I right?

Level 25
Mmm... so I just realized this:

If my custom map contained the +9 dmg item ability of Claws of Attack +9 (without any change on its stats), it means that if the player now plays this new patch, my custom item will be nerfed too, am I right?
I think it depends which dataset you have selected in the map options in the World Editor. You can select the latest melee dataset, campaign dataset etc.

Level 24
I think it depends which dataset you have selected in the map options in the World Editor. You can select the latest melee dataset, campaign dataset etc.
It's important to note by default it's not set to melee so most maps will likely not have any difference (unless it's a melee map obviously).

We got a new bug. Saving a null handle doesn't change it. In my test both displays printed "Footman"
  • test
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created unit) as 0 of 0 in (Last created hashtable).
      • Game - Display to Player 1 (Red) at position 0.00,0.00 the text: (Name of (Load 0 of 0 in (Last created hashtable).))
      • Hashtable - Save Handle OfNo unit as 0 of 0 in (Last created hashtable).
      • Game - Display to Player 1 (Red) at position 0.00,0.00 the text: (Name of (Load 0 of 0 in (Last created hashtable).))
EDIT : saving anything beside a valid handle doesn't replace the value.

Last edited:
Level 4
Please specify which effect and if possible provide a map file example.
Ah mb it wasn't that any new ones are gone, it's just that special effects with triggers don't show up (attaching still works). This is for my latest ver since the new patch. I'll have to try if it's different in an older ver that hasn't been saved on the new patch.

JASS:
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect("(insert special effect)",x,y))

• Special Effect- Create a special effect at (Location) using (special effect)
EDIT: Discovered a fix with Uncle's help. Special effects created at points don't work for any versions of my map anymore. Solution has been to make the VFX attach to unit attachments. Painful workaround but I'm glad it's working.

Examples:
JASS:
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("(Insert special effect",(insert unit),"(attach location)"))
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the (attach location) of (insert unit) using (Special Effect)

Last edited:
Level 13
Ah mb it wasn't that any new ones are gone, it's just that special effects with triggers don't show up (attaching still works). This is for my latest ver since the new patch. I'll have to try if it's different in an older ver that hasn't been saved on the new patch.

JASS:
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect("(insert special effect)",x,y))

• Special Effect- Create a special effect at (Location) using (special effect)
EDIT: Discovered a fix with Uncle's help. Special effects created at points don't work for any versions of my map anymore. Solution has been to make the VFX attach to unit attachments. Painful workaround but I'm glad it's working.

Examples:
JASS:
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("(Insert special effect",(insert unit),"(attach location)"))
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the (attach location) of (insert unit) using (Special Effect)
I noticed effects not showing too, do we need dummy units for sfx's now? LMAO

updated, booted up editor, tried testing map and its saying i need to update? seriously what is this shit lmao, just get rid of copyright law and let people who care maintain wc3 at this point ><
can't launch editor through the bnet launcher either. "Not available during game install"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Level 23
Is anyone else unable to test maps anymore. Just get stuck in the bootup screen with the lion doorknob. tried x3 for 15 minutes each.
People report this from time to time, I had it myself before too. It's some connection issue with blizzard servers and i don't think there is much you can do on your end except wait and hope for it to resolve itself. Perhaps resetting network helps, but who knows.

Level 13
It was a really good idea to force updates on reforged. necessitating connecting to a server to play a single player map is a close 2nd.

edit: at the advice of deep i tested a different map, and got in! I desync'd as soon as the game started,on a map whos init trigger consists of "disable fog of war", and "disable black mask". Its a map to test importing of new models, so I'm guessing now some models will desync you. More testing needed ofc, but this sounds like a big win for mapmakers wanting another way to prevent their playerbase from enjoying the countless hours the creator has sunk into the map!

Nah, jk. It only happened the first time. I've never had that happen, like on any of the patches. So it's definitely not a good sign, but maybe not gamebreaking?

Level 11
By the way, Reforged is on sale for the first time since its release. "50% off through July"!
I just saw this, and I'm thinking about maybe purchasing it.

I recently lost my original Warcraft 3 installation and my attempts to reinstall it with recent versions (I tried 1.30, 1.31, 1.36...) all failed. I own legit, original copies of both ROC and TFT, but there's nothing I can do, I can't install the game with a more recent version than 1.27.

I swore I wouldn't give even a dime to Blizzard anymore (for lots of reasons), but I'm considering rebuying the game again, benefiting from the "half off" offer, since it's probably the only way to play it again.

However, I would like to be sure my money won't be just thrown out the window. Is the current version worth it? I heard custom campaigns were back, do they work ok? Is there any major issue that would refrain veterans from using 1.36?

Thanks for your wisdom guys :)

Last edited:
Is there any major issue that would refrain veterans from using 1.36?
Ever since 1.33 in Aug 2022, I have used the retail version less and less. But I created two videos documenting complex technological issues that are beyond modern-day Activision's willingness to fix, I think. Sometimes I am frustrated at the game, and then people tell me I am out of touch and it is not as bad as I think. I played some melee games the other night and the game never crashed nor disconnected, worked fine, both graphics modes. Only problem was my lack of skill at melee.

It might really depend on your goals to know whether you will love it or hate it with the new version. I think a few months after the 1.33 patch drop last fall, the fixed some of the buttons in World Editor that the new people had broken that were making World Editor just crash while you're using it (and lose your progress). But there might still be other crashes because of all the stuff 1.33 changed.

Level 11
However, I would like to be sure my money won't be just thrown out the window. Is the current version worth it? I heard custom campaigns were back, do they work ok? Is there any major issue that would refrain veterans from using 1.36?
If you just want to play custom campaigns, then I'd say, go for it. While older campaigns may display some issues, most of the stuff created for 1.29 - 1.31 works well (at least, for me). Some cool upcoming campaigns will work only with Reforged graphics (Chronicles of the Second War and Re-Reforged by InsaneMonster, for example).

Level 11
It might really depend on your goals to know whether you will love it or hate it with the new version. I think a few months after the 1.33 patch drop last fall, the fixed some of the buttons in World Editor that the new people had broken that were making World Editor just crash while you're using it (and lose your progress). But there might still be other crashes because of all the stuff 1.33 changed.

If you just want to play custom campaigns, then I'd say, go for it. While older campaigns may display some issues, most of the stuff created for 1.29 - 1.31 works well (at least, for me). Some cool upcoming campaigns will work only with Reforged graphics (Chronicles of the Second War and Re-Reforged by InsaneMonster, for example).
Thanks guys. My goal is to create and play custom campaigns. Nothing fancy, I'm not an advanced modder, all I need is custom imported objects, basic GUI triggers and a few imported systems such as custom spells.

I'll give it a few days and then I might go for it.

Level 13
I don't think those crashes they added to editor were ever fixed, a few months ago I recall anytime I opened up the doodad placement window, my map would crash lol.