• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

× Zombies Vs. Jesus ×

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Jesus.jpg

× Zombies vs. Jesus ×
spawn, seek, kill, repeat

Quick intro

God powers + zombies + Jesus = Fun.

Slay hordes of zombies in this arcade-style minigame using your wits, quick trigger fingers and a wide range of cool abilities.

So what is this?

This is Zombies vs. Jesus and it is somewhat of a arcade-style minigame map based around a simple yet entertaining concept. So what is that concept you ask? Well let me tell you my good man! In ZvJ you can play with up to 4 players in total, each controlling your own “god”. The gameplay is based around you not actually having a specific unit, but instead being this godly presence that have a wide range of abilities to use anywhere you like. These abilities you then use to kill the ever spawning zombies and monsters who has one goal and one goal only; kill Jesus. Your job as a god is then to protect Jesus from getting killed and eaten by the zombies.

When killing zombies you then gain experience, which you can use to level up your abilities or gain new ones, so there's something in it for being the best zombie squasher. The game is divided up in waves, which then increase in difficulty while adding new monsters and challenges as the game progresses such as boss waves.

Current development

Status
Alpha (playable, unreleased)

What is being done?
Currently the terrain are being finished, while work on spells has also begun.

What we need from YOU!
Ideas! Especially ideas for awesome spells. What would you like to slay/slow/stop a zombie with?

Screenshots

A few very early shots of the map...

Z3.jpg

Z2.jpg

Z1.jpg

Credits

Map by
Linaze & ragingspeedhorn

Models, Textures & Effects by
Nasrudin
JetFangInferno
Punisher_x
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
illidan(evil)X

Last edited:
Level 11
looks interesting. Title reminds me of plants vs zombies, if its as much fun as that game was then ill be a happy man.

Level 22
Just a couple spell ideas straight off the dome:
Lightning... duh.
Earthquake: Push all zombies Away from Jesus by like 2000 or w/e.
Conversion: Take control off all zombies in an area or that walk over a spot
PewPewFlyFly: A bunch of ai-controlled dragons come and wreak havok. (like a last- ditch effort)

That's all. Sounds fun, I'll be waiting for this :D

debode: Thanks!

NoAmmoSrry: Don't know that map (or game?), what is it about? Does it have any ideas we can steal? :p

Lord_T: Thanks a lot for the spell ideas, keep them coming, and do make them as fucked up as possible, any cool zombie killing ideas is appreciated! +rep to anyone with good ideas!

L2love: Then you'll love this, it's completely random.

WILLTHEALMIGHTY: JESUS RAVE!!!!!!111

Level 37
I'd like to see some spells with the cursor. Like making trees and other destructibles fall down on or fly towards zombies. I mean you select a tree, then click on the zombie, and the tree flies towards the zombie.

Another spell could be that you select a zombie, an then select a location, and the zombie flies there as if he was thrown. The zombie should fly in a nice arc, and as it hits the ground, slides a bit there, but slows down due to friction so it looks a bit more natural. Sin function is very handy in doing those things.

Level 13
Here's 2 spellz.

Da Cross
Summon a cross and put a unit on it then add the nails each dose a certain damage.

Thorn Crown
Slam a thorn crown on top a enemy's head stabbing them with painful thorns.

Level 14
Spells...

Heaven's Light
Kills all zombies in 900 AoE and throws them in the air. When airborne, they will explode and burn as they fall down.

Falling Cross
Summons a HUGE Cross that will fall, dealing lots of damage and knockbacking the zombies.

Scorching Light
Calls light to burn all the zombies at 900 AoE.

Also a strong but slow zombie that knockbacks stuff when it attacks would be cool.

Level 15
Actually...Jesus isn't able to revive people?You should make him revive other Heroes,xD!Also a nice spell idea,Jesus Calls upon the Heaven's power to summon an Angel of either evil/good.Probably setting chances % to spell?If he is angel he fights alongside with you,otherwise he aids the zombies?

Level 15
Hmm,think it like this.(i describe the spell how should it be)Your hero use a victory animation,then something like Heal effect in a ray comes from the sky,and your hero summons a Heaven or Hell creature.You can make a spell to have 50% chances to summon an Angel and 50% chances to summon an Evil creature(just an example).If the summoned creature is an Angel make it help the caster fight along with him(you can also add maybe a heal ability to it),but if it is Evil creature you change player owner and give it to the Zombies,this would make the summoned creature to fight the caster hero.You can make the values the way you think would fit the game the most,but i think this would be a good idea for a spell.
A description that would fit would be....Jesus Call's upon Heaven's Devine Powers to summon an Angel,bla bla bla!

Oh, but you don't actually have a unit in the game, you're more like a right hand of god who protects Jesus by using various spells to keep the zombies from getting to him.

But anyway, the idea could still work, like a 50/50 shot to get a good or evil summon, though we'd make them AI-controlled and not by the player, as the focus should be on squatting zombies with your spells and not guiding units around.

Thanks for the idea though, +rep.

Level 6
Jesus should be like the spaceship in asteroids *pew pew* :p

Anyay how about an Ion cannon or something like that, a giant beam comes down for xx seconds and you can control it. Every enemy coming near this beam gets fried?^^

You could maybe add some hungry hungry kodos, that come up and eat randomly zombies and then run away.

Jesus could also party hard, several coloured filters come up and all the zombies begin to dance to some weird techno music XD

Oh ya shoop da whoop must charge his lazors.

Ah, an Ion cannon, I have thought about doing that as well but I fear that it'll end up being very unpractical as Zombies usually spawn all over or they move away pretty quickly. Also controlling that you then wouldn't be able to do anything else for that time which might end up hurting more than helping.

But nice ideas, we might use some of them (and do bring more!), +rep!

Level 13
Here's some more spellz.

North Star
A star fallz down on the target creating either damage around it or like a crater.

Holy Smight
Summons's a giant hammer smashing the target dealing damage.

Also why "gods" y not use some of Jesus followers like saint peter and that crap?

Level 6
Well ya youre probably right...

How about this then, a castable firewall. Units that hit the firewall will be damaged and pushed back after x seconds or x pushbacks its gone.

Level 6
Heh i played way to many games in my life to not have any ideas XD
Also its cool youre just looking for some crazy shit, and you can actually suggest something noone would ever use :p

Level 37
How about Jesus being able to create two fish and five loaves of bread for him, he could eat them and heal? It would fit with the mythology :)

Actually guys here is an ability that you could add to the summoned creature i mentioned above,Passive Entagling Root?Should be nice :)
Here it is:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/passive-entangling-roots-request-143236/

As I replied in that thread:

That looks awfully lot like the spell I made for you...in fact, that IS the spell I made for you, you just added the stun thing, changed the special effect and added those footmen to the same map. Your version bugs, the special effect is not destroyed correctly. Also, add

Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

at the end of the trigger.

Level 6
Well there is already the idea of pushing away, but maybe the mighty flip would be cooler.
Aslong you use this ability and click a zombie it get catapulted back and takes damages. Maybe you could even charge it oo

Level 24
Well, Jesus having spells would be odd (the suggested heal comes to my mind), since he isn't controlled by any player, and giving him AI doesn't sound just right, it'd be too complicated, and we're aiming for something more simple. As for your latest idea Jirinal, I don't know, to be honest, a single target knockback doesn't sound too efficient, and what do you mean by "you could even charge it oo"?

Level 6
Well you can go crazy and throw back zombies like mad.

About the charge, you could do it like this:
Each time you click the zombie a value will raise and the zombie gets a buff, and if the buff fades away the zombie will be pushed back by the amount of times clicked on it.
Ofcourse it will take damage due the amount of force used to push it back.

Level 15
How about Jesus being able to create two fish and five loaves of bread for him, he could eat them and heal? It would fit with the mythology :)

As I replied in that thread:

That looks awfully lot like the spell I made for you...in fact, that IS the spell I made for you, you just added the stun thing, changed the special effect and added those footmen to the same map. Your version bugs, the special effect is not destroyed correctly. Also, add

Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

at the end of the trigger.

Actually it doesn't look like your spell....it is your spell,with the effects changed to use entagle roots.I thought it would fit here :)

Level 22
well, how much health does Jesus have? armor? any special abilities? or is he just a non-combat VIP.
also, around how many zombies come at you per wave?
will all the abilities will cost mana?
if so, u should probably add like a low mana cost 0 cooldown attack spell if you havent already.

Status
Not open for further replies.