• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

imported sounds on warcraft 3 editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Just import it per the Sound Editor, by either clicking the 'Import Sound' button or hitting Ctrl+I
Note that .wav and .mp3 are the only extensions that work, at least to my knowledge.

After importing your sound, you can simply attach it to an object or a location per a simple triggered action.
Note that you can't simply use the 'play sound' action, but that you actually have to attach your sound to something in order for it to play properly.

Incorrect:
  • Sound - Play sound.mp3
Correct:
  • Sound - Play sound.mp3 at 100.00% volume, located at (Center of location <gen>) with Z offset 0.00
  • Sound - Play sound.mp3 at 100.00% volume, attached to unit <gen>
Hope I helped.

Level 12
As Fladder said, import the music / sound you want to use. But an additional step wasnt added to the post above.

You need to go into the sound editor, find the imported sound and then right click. And select "Use as music" or "Use as sound".

And then, the triggers that were linked should work properly.

Level 16
works fine, but the animation for the portrait file(the image that appears down when you select a unit,it shows the unit's face when talking) doesn't work,how can I run it?
second, if want to change (e.g.) the sound set for dragon hawk to be the dragon hawk rider's sound set with the exception of the ready sound,I want it to be the same as the original one(dragon hawk's sound) for the dragon hawk only but not for dragon hawk rider
if I am not clear, the sound of both units should be like this:
for dragon haw rider(the blood elven):exactly as his sound set.
for dragon hawk(the high elven):the sound set of dragon hawk rider(the blood elven) with the exception of the ''ready sound'',the ''ready sound'' should be as the dragon hawk's(the high elven).
you have any Idea how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.