• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Custom Sound Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Question: I'm assuming you are talking about using custom sounds for when you are controlling, say a grunt, and his responses when moving attacking, etc. Did you import the sounds and change their path to the Grunt's sounds? I think that may be the only way to do it. And if you need the grunt's sounds for your map, then you can import it to a different unit's sound set and assign the unit that soundset. I don't think there's a way to give it a fully "custom" sound set, but rather you have to overwrite an exisiting sound a unit uses to make it work... though I could be wrong here.

Did you "place internal sound?" Did you make them .wav files? Please describe exactly how you imported these custom sounds. I created a custom sound set for Invoker. Check the first link in my signature block (this may become outdated). The way I did it was to replace internal sound. I had to use .wav files. The sounds appear in a folder in sound editor called imported sounds. I'm not sure what it going wrong for you but I know it can work.

Level 11
Question: I'm assuming you are talking about using custom sounds for when you are controlling, say a grunt, and his responses when moving attacking, etc. Did you import the sounds and change their path to the Grunt's sounds? I think that may be the only way to do it. And if you need the grunt's sounds for your map, then you can import it to a different unit's sound set and assign the unit that soundset. I don't think there's a way to give it a fully "custom" sound set, but rather you have to overwrite an exisiting sound a unit uses to make it work... though I could be wrong here.

Yes, I did say I'm replacing sounds. It is impossible to create your own custom unit soundset without adding to the paths in Warcraft 3.

Did you "place internal sound?" Did you make them .wav files? Please describe exactly how you imported these custom sounds. I created a custom sound set for Invoker. Check the first link in my signature block (this may become outdated). The way I did it was to replace internal sound. I had to use .wav files. The sounds appear in a folder in sound editor called imported sounds. I'm not sure what it going wrong for you but I know it can work.

What do you mean by "place internal sound?"

I imported them into the map and changed the files to replace a units soundset.
The sounds can be played by playing what should be the harpy sounds, that works in the world editor.
But when I launch the game and test the sounds they don't work.
They are .wav

Sorry. Typo. "Replace" not place. If you right-click on a sound in sound editor it gives you a drop down menu. One of the options is "replace internal sound." You might want to start from scratch. Remove all the imported sounds for that sound set and save as a new test map. Now replace the sounds using my method. Check to see if that works. It should. The sounds will be imported with sound editor and not import manager. This should work without changing any filenames or attributes.

Level 11
I had the same problem a long time ago. I used some sound assets from World of Warcraft. I imported them properly (I know since I imported other sounds using the EXACT same process and it worked) but they just did not play in the game.

The issue seems to be with the type of sound-file, not with the game itself.

Level 28
Please tell me you didn't test the map while importing sounds inside the editor? And it's not about the file name (mp3, wav) they work perfect
If you want to use wow sound ambiance you can replace them with the original ambiance sound Ex : Human01.mp3, Human02.mp3. And save the map and load the game then test the map.

Level 11
Sorry. Typo. "Replace" not place. If you right-click on a sound in sound editor it gives you a drop down menu. One of the options is "replace internal sound." You might want to start from scratch. Remove all the imported sounds for that sound set and save as a new test map. Now replace the sounds using my method. Check to see if that works. It should. The sounds will be imported with sound editor and not import manager. This should work without changing any filenames or attributes.

Works for my problem. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.