• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Unit Sound Set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What I tried:
I tried replacing the unit sound set with an existing one, that didn't seem to work, whenever I run/try to test it replaces it back with the default sound. I tried something similar this way and it ended up having no sounds.

------------------
Complains about internet not having enough info about this:
I kept googling but I cant seem to find much about this besides the way to replace the unit sound set which isn't working otherwise it shows up world editor tutorial sites's homepages, etc.

Does anyone know how to create a custom unit sound set?

Level 7
I think you should not play any other maps before your test map. Playing any other map will set the soundsets "in stone" for the whole Warcraft III session, so you had to restart and play your test map as the first map.
I played the 'test map', through the world editor.

Level 11
I tried replacing the unit sound set with an existing one, that didn't seem to work, whenever I run/try to test it replaces it back with the default sound. I tried something similar this way and it ended up having no sounds.
Use any Media Editor and save sounds as .wav 8 bit 22050 hz. Then go to Sound Editor - right click, replace and choose a proper media file.
It works for me.

Level 7
Are you using the sound editor and right click replacing them,
the import manager or the campaign import manager?
I'm using the sound editor, right clicking and replacing them. Yes.

Use any Media Editor and save sounds as .wav 8 bit 22050 hz. Then go to Sound Editor - right click, replace and choose a proper media file.
It works for me.

Yep, using .wav

Status
Not open for further replies.