• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Strange issue with Sound since Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Since the little pseudo update a while back (which I assume was preparation for the 1.33 ptr or whatever.) I have noticed that some custom units that I make (especially if they have custom models) don't actually play any sounds? Like I can set their sound to anything, another unit like Tichondrius or Shaman or whatever and they just don't say anything or play any sounds? Does anyone else have this issue? Or does anyone know a way I can resolve this? It's fairly minor but when I'm trying to make a whole new custom race and put other units sounds that just don't play it kinda irks me.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Since the little pseudo update a while back (which I assume was preparation for the 1.33 ptr or whatever.) I have noticed that some custom units that I make (especially if they have custom models) don't actually play any sounds? Like I can set their sound to anything, another unit like Tichondrius or Shaman or whatever and they just don't say anything or play any sounds? Does anyone else have this issue? Or does anyone know a way I can resolve this? It's fairly minor but when I'm trying to make a whole new custom race and put other units sounds that just don't play it kinda irks me.
I don't think you're going to find a solution. Just wait and hope that they fix it.

Level 6
Okay so this is a known issue then? I tried looking up similar posts on the forum but I didn't find any recent ones with the same issue. Sorry if I missed any. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.