• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Strange problem with sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi i have very strange problem with sound i dont know how to fix it. i have noticed that whenever i play my map with full house of players some players cant hear sounds or some can or some sound are always gone in multiplayer. But the strange thing is that whenever i go singleplayer i can hear everything normally same thing happens when i host at singleplayer on bot entgaming. i test on bot at entgaming i can hear everything normally. . . strange thing i rly dont know what causes it. im not sure if breaking of sound came after new patch i remember that in older version sound had always worked no matter what i noticed that only one kind of sound stopped working after new patch. that sound which stopped working after new patch doesnt work aswell in multiplayer i fixed it by replacing it's file to newer.

Camp of Fellow
Events
Unit - A unit enters Spies <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Set TempRect = Spies <gen>
Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_TempRect)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Sound - Set music volume to 10.00%
Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffff0000To win Th...
Sound - Play GandalfCaharadras <gen>
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gandalf the Grey 0002 <gen> named Gandalf: Play No sound and display Spies of Saruman. T.... Modify duration: Set to 9.25 seconds and Don't wait
Wait 9.25 seconds
Sound - Set music volume to 100.00%
Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )

this is how one of example of trigger where sound is . sound Sound - Play GandalfCaharadras <gen> doesnt want to work whenever i play with fh. at singleplayer i can hear it. i also use the newest patch

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Well...that's the problem with patch 1.30 and 1.31, there are few threads about this issue with sounds everywhere. So it's not your or anyone's fault that sounds don't work.
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
should be at start of actions, by the way, this makes Trigger - Turn off (this trigger) useless. Either you use one or the other, although the former clears a leak so that one is recommended.

• Set TempRect = Spies <gen>
  • Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_TempRect)
I guess this was supposed to remove the region, but it can be simplified by this:
  • Custom script: call RemoveRect(gg_rct_Spies)
No need to set a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.