• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with 3-D sounds {nothing happening with 3D sounds}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I imported a mp3 sound. And marked it as 3d sound.

• Soundsystem
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play On_the_street <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to X-Wing 0008 <gen>
But nothing happened... Why?

Level 19
You can use only wav sounds as 3d sounds. Making a 3d wav sound is easiest by replacing an internal wav sound with your file and making sure the wav settings. Also you propably have to compare the wav format settings to be something similar like the wav sounds used in WE.

Level 3
Now I imported a .wav sound and it still doesn't work.
The Wc3 sounds work.
How to make the .wav soun like a Wc3 .wav sound that they work?

Level 3
Can you tell me a link where i can dl a program to make the soubds wc3-like?

Last edited:
Level 8
Try setting the channels to 1? That's the only difference I have on my sounds compared to yours.
I did that and i could then change it to 3d sound but now when i play the 3d sound with triggers i hear nothing, i'm playing the sound everytime a specific unit attacks, i can hear the sound perfectly when it's not a 3d sound, but when 3d sound is turned on i hear nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.