• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3d sounds wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I tried to make a trigger play a 3d Sound at the point of a dying unit but it won't work even if I check "3d sound" in the sound variable tick box.

• Templar Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Templar
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play Garen_dying2 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Triggering unit)
It DOES play the sound when I uncheck the "3d sound" box. But I don't want everyone on the map to hear it if they don't even monitor the location where he dies.

This is how the variable looks like.
Even if the min distance is above 0 it doesn't work so that's not the problem I guess.

D2PJd.png

Level 16
Well, logically, a 3d sound is a sound which plays at a point. If the sound does not "stop when out of range" then it isnt really a 3d sound. Try ticking the box and see what happens, also setting the min and max cutoff distances.

Level 11
Do it like this:

• Templar Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Templar
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Sound - Play Garen_dying2 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
And also check the box "Stop when out of range".
The sound settings should be like this for death sounds:
Min distance: 600
Max distance 10000
Distance cutoff: 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.