• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Sound Set Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've been following this tutorial for soundsets.

"Soundsets
A soundset is the "vocabulary" of a unit. Units have a varying amount of specific voices in their "vocabularies" that you cannot change. However you can replace the voices in a unit's vocabulary.
This also means that you can't create a new soundset or extend the chosen soundset. So you have to find a soundset that you are not using and which also fits your amount of voices. As an example I will use the Footman's soundset.

The Footman's soundset is located in Sounds/Internal/Units/Human/Footman/ and contains the following sounds/voices:
FootmanDeath.wav
FootmanPissed1.wav
FootmanPissed2.wav
FootmanPissed3.wav
FootmanPissed4.wav
FootmanReady1.wav
FootmanWarcry1.wav
FootmanWhat1.wav
FootmanWhat2.wav
FootmanWhat3.wav
FootmanWhat4.wav
FootmanYes1.wav
FootmanYes2.wav
FootmanYes3.wav
FootmanYes4.wav
FootmanYesAttack1.wav
FootmanYesAttack2.wav
FootmanYesAttack3.wav
It's easy to replace all the existing sounds with new ones.

Importing & Replacing
For each file of the footman's soundset you right-click and choose: Replace Internal Sound Then locate your own recorded sound.

Done, You should now have made.. I mean replaced an entire soundset"

I've followed it directly, and while the custom sounds I have imported through using 'replace internal sound' work within the units sound set, they do not play when in game.

Level 28
So you are trying to replace them with trigger, is that right?
For each file of the footman's soundset you right-click and choose: Replace Internal Sound Then locate your own recorded sound.
I never heard about this but as far as I know, importing sounds to excisting sounds depend on the proper path. You sure you did the right path?

Level 7
So when I import it using that style, it puts it into my import list with the path

"Units\Human\Footman\FootmanYes1.wav" (for example) which as far as I can tell is correct. Is that all that I'm supposed to do, because it is still silent in game.

Edit: and no, it's not a trigger, it is built in to the sound editor.

Level 7
I don't understand your last sentence, could you please rephrase?

Edit: Oh wait, I think I get it.

Yes, it is still not working. But I'm not sure what you mean about it not being in the Game Constants.

I'm using sound editor to replace it because that is what the tutorial told me to do, however it appears to just be a short cut to alter the path anyway, as changing it in the sound editor just changes it in the import manager.

Regardless, it does not work whether I change the path using the sound editor short cut or if I just import it and change the path within the import manager, so I'm still back at square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.