• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replaced Model Sound Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello,

I've been editing some models in the model editor that lack sounds for their attack animation. Ive been trying to get a shotgun blast sound to play with one of the model's attack animations. I chose the orc catapult attack wav for the base sound and replaced that sound in the import manager of my map using the the shotgun sound and the path of the original catapult sound. The replaced sound works fine in the sound editor, but when the model attacks in the game test there is no sound. I have had this problem with all the models I work with and am now leaning toward the lengthy use of local player scripts and jass triggers to achieve this.

Does anyone know how to get custom sounds working for an imported model after you've replaced that model's base sound in the sound editor?

Level 6
I actually haven't made a trigger for this but I am considering it. What I have done is open the model in the model editor and attach a sound node for the model's attack animation. The sound i chose is catapultattack1.wav. I've imported a shotgun sound to replace that sound in the map by changing the path of the shotgun wav to the exact same path of the catapult sound. This way my model can use an actual gunshot sound for its attack animation. The whole point is to avoid using triggers to do this, but I may have to as replacing sound paths doesn't seem to be working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.