• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey!

I have a problem with replaced sounds. I've imported three sound effects to my map:
11kb machinegun sound
220kb shotgun sound
160kb pistol sound (yea I know shotgun and pistol sounds are a bit larger)

I've replaced windwalk sound with shotgun, disenchant with pistol and lightningshield with machinegun. I have abilities with those sound effects. The problem is that when using an ability ingame, only the machinegun sound effect works. Even though the shotgun and pistol sound work well in sound editor and when played via triggers ingame. Anyone know what could cause the problem?

First of all, not all of the abilities do accept sounds in the Sound - Sound Effect field. Even if you do add a sound, it won't be played. So, base your abilities off abilities that already have their Sound Effect field filled.
You can also use "Sound - Play sound on unit", but for best results use the system "SoundUtils". Visit wc3c, Resources Section - Codes - Scripts.

Level 7
Before I used rifleman and gyrocopter attack sounds on those abilities and they worked, so that can't be the problem. But thanks, I'll check that "SoundUtils" thing :) it would be the easiest way if someone manages to solve my problem, though.

EDIT: I found out the problem is somehow related to the fact that the shotgun and pistol sound can't be used as 3d sound because of some reason. LIKE THIS
The reason might be the amount of channels, the shotgun and pistol sounds both have 2 channels instead of 1, so if that's the reason how to fix it...?

EDIT2: PROBLEM SOLVED! I managed to remove the other channel with audacity, and now it works just like it should :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.