• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange Bug with Sound File Volume

Level 4
Hello, I've been working on this campaign and I've imported a couple of sound files to use for a unit's soundset. The .wav file's volume is perfect when opening it outside of the Editor/Game, but once imported, the editor now plays it at an extremely low volume. I tried setting the sound's volume higher but it's already at 127 (and no, it's not a 3D sound)

Does anyone know what I could do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached the campaign file down below.

Attachments

• StromgardeCampaign.w3n
    23.8 MB · Views: 1
Level 20
With trial and error you can just increase the volume of the file per se and check how it renders ingame, it's very easy to do with softwares like Audacity

Also .wav files are super heavy, one trick is to import an .mp3 file and to rename it as a .wav file, the game will be bamboozled and think it's a standard wav. Perhaps using .flac would be more prudent as well since that's what they use since reforged

Level 4
With trial and error you can just increase the volume of the file per se and check how it renders ingame, it's very easy to do with softwares like Audacity

Also .wav files are super heavy, one trick is to import an .mp3 file and to rename it as a .wav file, the game will be bamboozled and think it's a standard wav. Perhaps using .flac would be more prudent as well since that's what they use since reforged
I've tried using both .mp3 and .flac and it also had barely audible audio. (i also changed the path names to reflect that the files were now called .flac)