• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Change Form in DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I was wondering about what statements to use in that ability. The change form ability in DotA is used on a Unit (Courier) when pressed it randomly changes the Unit's form and so on.

Anybody knows how to do it in triggers? its just bugging me lately lol.

[EDIT] I might not see the comments below due to less activity here, pm/vm would help thanks!

Level 30
I would try that (well I'll test it first), the active ability is what I'm after really not the passive one. Kudos to you both!

EDIT: tried it, it permanently transforms my Unit 1 into Unit 2, my question is how could I turn Unit 1 into Unit 2,3,4 then back to Unit 1. I'll try some other method.

Level 26
The active ability has nothing to do with the morphing. Well, maybe you thought of Hex, which does transform the target unit into a random unit type as specified in the list but it also does other stuff.

Passive morphing gives you more control. You just have to have a Chaos ability for each target type you want to have (if you want to return to the source form then also the source type) and apply the right ability at the right time.

Unit 1 into Unit 2,3,4 then back to Unit 1
4 Abilities in object editor based on bear form. Each of them you have to modify to tranform into one of the 4 units.

Then just give always 1 of these abilites in right order to the 4 units. So you can start with unit 1 --> transform to last unit --> last unit can transform back to unit 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.