• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Emulating metamorphosis with bear form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a hero that has multiple morphing abilities, and as I know having more than one ability on a hero based off of metamorphosis can cause big problems. So I decided to base one morphing ability off of bear form. I want it to have a timed duration and then change the hero back to normal, just like meta does. The ability is called "Owlbear Form," and here is the trigger I have so far, but I can't seem to get it to work...it never changes the hero back.

Code:
Events-
A unit begins casting an ability

Conditions-
(Ability being cast) Equal to Owlbear Form
owlbear Equal to False

Actions-

Set owlbear = True

If ((Level of Owlbear Form for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Wait 25.00 seconds) else do (If ((Level of Owlbear Form for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2) then do (Wait 45.00 seconds)  else do (Wait 65.00 seconds))

Unit Group - Order (Units of type Owlbear) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form

Set owlbear = False

The nested If statements are basically there so if the ability is at level 1, there is a 25 second delay before morphing back, if at level 2, there is a 45 second delay, and if at level 3, there is a 65 second delay.

I used "Unit Group - Order (Units of type Owlbear) because I wasn't sure if (Triggering unit) would apply to the morphed "owlbear" unit or not, but it didn't seem to work either way.

Level 11
It is not a really good idea to use an universal variables like this. If more than one unit/game casts it you are doomed. I understand what you want to make. The idea is that you can use all these abilities to prevent stacks: Bear Form, Raven Form, Chemical Rage, Burrow, Metamorphosis and Tinker's Ultimate. These can all be used at the same time so you practically don't need triggers. Just make sure to use Original Form for all Morphing abilities to the original unit, change Morphed form to different units, place into the Dependency Equivalents of the morphed units the original unit (check Metamorphosed Demon Hunter and see if it has a Dependency Equivalent and if not cuz if not, there's a problem). Give the abilities you want to the unit and that's it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.