• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
When you add the ability Metamorphosis onto a unit, via the following trigger
  • Begin Morph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MetaMorph
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add MetaMorph (Morpher) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Metamorphosis
The game acts like the unit who casted MetaMorph is already in metamorph form. This ends up with the unit having a metamorphosis timer that doesn't really do anything, apart from delaying the timer of the Metamorphosis by its own.

If this isn't clear for you, lemme clean this up with a symptom timeline:
0 seconds - Unit casts a spell, trigger fired
0.1 seconds - MetaMorph (Morpher) is added onto the triggering unit
0.1 seconds - The game thinks the triggering unit is metamorphosized: begin a timer counting down the MetaMorph's duration. (5 seconds) The unit in reality is actually still in its normal form.
5.0 seconds - Metamorph is finished. Switch the triggering unit's unit-type to its normal form (Which are currently both the same type)

5.1 seconds - The action for metamorphosis is activated: begin metamorphosis by switching the unit to its alternate form (This part I want), and start a timer
10.0 seconds - Timer expires: Switch the unit back to its normal form (Which are different this time)

The steps in bold are the parts I need to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Level 8
Did your second suggestion and the parts affected were removed, but when the morph ended, the unit was in the wrong form :(.

I'm also sure that I used the right units.

Level 8
A custom equivalent.... I might be able to move experience and such over, but permanent item effects you can't detect. Any other suggestions?

Level 8
I just solved this problem: The unit that this unit is transforming to must have, in the object editor, metamorphosis.
(I thought giving the ability to the base unit would be enough -.-)

+Rep for everyone who helped (Except Poot, because it says I have to spread it around before I can give it to you. Same with Py... I'll see if I can rep someone else to give it to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.