• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Bugged =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In an atempt to learn how to manipulate unit appearances with spells, i am trying to recreate a metamorph similar to the unit Banehallow in DOTA, although with 3 levels. (the model turns into a dire wolf with his ultimate ability) I assume the ability was based off of Metamorphosis so I used that as the starting ability. I altered the "Alternate Unit form" to be the dire wolf model and the "Normal Form" to be the unit I am trying to morph. The odd thing is that when i use the ability, the unit stays the Original model for the duration of the spell, then turns to the wolf for the same duration and finally back to the original model. the only problem is the final unit has about 3 times the HP and mana and has the ability points back. Does anyone know what is causing this, and can anyone tell me how to fix this or a better way to make this spell? Thank you very much.

Level 3
Oh, i see. Do you by chance know any modeler who might be nice enough to change the animation for me?
Thank you for your time.

Level 3
Would it just be possible to replace the first unit with a premade hero that has the model look I want and give it the same lvl and abilities? then once the duration is up, change it back? I tried doing this sort of thing with a similar spell and kept getting 3 units instead of only 1 like I wanted. (can refer to post "Yet another spell not working" in the spells forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.