• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Big help with triggering/ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Upront appologies for bad spelling and grammar.

Hey guys I have tried everything I know but here I will print out what exactly I need and which way I am doing it, if you know a better way or help me solve the problem with my way please feel free to post.

I am making a hero that will have 11 different metamorpheses. The thing is the hero is Medivh from campaign and the only art icon for him is Medivh(Raven Form), Medivh. When he morphs he will look the same but will have different spells and effects around him. For example A fire form of him will be when he morphs gruond erupts in flames and then he leaves trail of fire when he walks. Now I have tried using Storm earth and fire as my original ability and ran into a small problem, the hero dissapears and then all effects happen which is not what I want. I have also tried using Demon hunter metamorph but he turns himself into Medivh Raven Form every time. I need him to stay in Medivh form and not switch into bird. Now I know I can not add 11 different spells this way so I was trying to do this:

I have created a Channel spell where when it is used effects will happen and then the hero will learn metamorph spell and use it right away, but I cant seem to be able to trigger this. I have looked through the entire trigger list several times and could not find anything usefull.

So Once again to try to make this a bit clearer (sry for bad spelling and explanations):

A hero uses a channel spell then bunch effects happen as he uses this spell and then he is either switched or morphed into the second hero who has different abilities and inherits his items for the duration of the time the morphing lasts. Then when it is done the items go back to the original hero and the original hero is back into playing field again after which the spell goes on colodown and he can use another type of morph.

Just please remember the bug with medivh.

This is what I started with and I posted this on another forum and didn't get help so I came here but since then I have changd a few things so I am posting both version if you can help me with either one

Well as for Medivh I have changed him to Furion to solve the problem, I have now based the ability of a metamorphsys. I will show you the triggers I have made for this to work.

Code:
Evoker Ifrit Start
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Evoker-Ifrit-Morph 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add Firaga III  to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add Finger of Death (Archimonde) to (Triggering unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
        Set LastCreatedSpecialEffect = (Last created special effect)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn on Evoker Ifrit End <gen>

Code:
Evoker Ifrit End
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Evoker-Ifrit-Morph 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
        Set LastCreatedSpecialEffect = (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Remove Firaga III  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Finger of Death (Archimonde) from (Triggering unit)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Trigger - Turn on Evoker Ifrit Start <gen>

Those are the two triggers I made for this spell to work. It all works great when hero learns the ability but then since the hero will be having several morphs i have tried creating channel spell and then when the channel spell is casted the hero learns the ability to use morph. But my problem starts here, when hero uses morph now he gains 500 hp, 500 attack points loses morph, hero doesn't gain any spells at all and after 20 seconds when morph expires he goes to another morph where he gains another 500 hp and loses the 500 attack points and loses morph spell. When this one is done he goes back to normal and he doesnt have morph ability. Also none of the effects happen as well that i triggered them to happen.

Yeah im new with the map making so if anybody wishes to help I would appreciate it very much.

Level 18
First of all: You're very welcome! We use this forum only to ignore eachother massively on purpose...

Second of all: Use TRIGGER tags instead of CODE tags

Third of all: I assume you're using spellbooks, but you never know... You did realise you have no other choice, since you also need space for Attack, Stop, Patrol, etc. buttons.

Fourth of all: You know that custom abilities have to be based on a Blizzard ability. All your 12 abilities are now based on the exact same ability: Metamorphosis. If you got multiple abilities based on the same base ability on 1 unit and you order the unit to cast by trigger or you order the unit to cast the ability in-game, it'll give problems. With 12 abilities based on the same ability, you have a chance of 1 on 12 to have the luck of getting the correct metamorphosis you wanted...

And last of all: Read the first comment :wink:

Level 1
every solution you have wrote i have already stated up tere as my problem and why isn't it working... I am using a spell book and its gets messed up when i add the ability to the hero through a trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.