• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with improving these spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok I have 2 spells that I need to update

First one

Decree of Silence
Targets 1 specific unit. When cast on a unit it acquires spheres that spin around it. Each time that unit tries to cast a spell it is countered and a sphere is removed. Number of spheres it acquires is dependant on level of spell.

heres the triggers

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Decree of Silence
DecreeofSilencelevel Equal to 1

Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Target unit of ability being cast) is A Hero) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Set deecredsilenceunit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of deecredsilenceunit using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbTarget.mdl
Set decreesilencesphere[1] = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.20 seconds
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of deecredsilenceunit using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbTarget.mdl
Set decreesilencesphere[2] = (Last created special effect)
Set decreesilencenum = 2
Else - Actions
Set deecredsilenceunit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Set decreesilencesphere[1] = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.20 seconds
Set decreesilencesphere[2] = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.20 seconds
Set decreesilencesphere[3] = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.20 seconds
Set decreesilencesphere[4] = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.20 seconds
Set decreesilencenum = 4

Part2

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Casting unit) Equal to deecredsilenceunit
decreesilencenum Greater than 0

Actions
Advanced - Stop all received spell orders for deecredsilenceunit
Special Effect - Destroy decreesilencesphere[decreesilencenum]
Set decreesilencenum = (decreesilencenum - 1)

Part3

Events
Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit

Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Summoning unit) Equal to deecredsilenceunit
decreesilencenum Greater than 0

Actions
Unit - Kill (Summoned unit)

Works fine just not on thunderclap/stomp spells.
How can I make it be able to be cast on more than 1 unit at a time without it screwing up?

Next spell

Distorting Wake
Area effect template, picks all enemy units under the teomplate and teleports them back to their base.

It works fine, but I wanted to add lots of levels to it. Is there a way for me to base it of an ability, so that I can detect all units targeted.

Would Silence be an appropiate dummy spell?
This way I can make the spell stronger by simply giving the ability lots of levels and increasing template radius rather than making more and more triggers for each level.

thx

Level 2
For the decree of silence, if you put in another 4 variables and an if then else statement stating something like this "if decreeofsilencenum= greater than 0 then (put in your triggers using the 5, 6, 7, and 8th variables instead of the 1, 2, 3, and 4) else (Put the triggers you have here with 1, 2, 3, and 4) thatll make it work twice at the same time if you want more then put under the "then" statement (since it just says more than 1)
if conditions
decreeofsilencenum greater than 4
decreeofsilencenum less than 9
then
(continue on building up the trigger each time using another 4 variables for everytime you want to cast it, however if its going to be in a player map Id suggest putting in a high cooldown)
else
(the if then else statement I 1st mentioned)

Status
Not open for further replies.