• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bear form spells switch not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Battlehound asking for help, again...
This time around I've tried to create a hero which has two shapes, a fire and a frost. And I want diffrent abilities for each form. I tried using the bear form ability, and enabling and disabling spells. But I am having trouble mirroring skills.
When you swtich from Fire to Frost form, I want the first skill(Ignite) to be hidden, and replaced by another spell(Frost Shard) which would have identical level. However since Hero Abilities tend to act wierd when you switch forms, I can't quite make this work.
The Triggers:
  • Check
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Current camera bounds)
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Frostfire Lord
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Frost Shard/Ignite (Frost Shard) to (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Disable Frost Shard/Ignite (Frost Shard) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Frost Shard/Ignite (Ignite)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set FSI_Learned = 1
        • Else - Actions
  • Coldharbour Lord
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Coldharbour Lord
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • FSI_Learned Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Frost Shard/Ignite (Frost Shard) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frost Shard/Ignite (Ignite) for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Disable Frost Shard/Ignite (Frost Shard) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Player - Enable Frost Shard/Ignite (Ignite) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Player - Enable Frost Shard/Ignite (Frost Shard) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Player - Disable Frost Shard/Ignite (Ignite) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
I belive they are pretty much selfexplanatory(excuse me if they are not).
Im thinkin maby Bear Form itself is the problem, being a unit ability, maby Metamorphosis is needed? Anyway, thx for help in advance. I just can't quite figure out my problem.

since you're already using a morph spell, there's no need for disabling then enabling blablah... also if Frost shard is a hero ability, I don't think Set ability level would work... You would need to add skill points then use Learn Ability...

the best way I think is to trigger the morph, then just remove, add abilities etc...

Level 6
Ok guys, long time since I've been on Hive. Sorry for abandoning this thread.

I diden't actually find a solution to the problem, instead I had a friend of mine make a mixed icon (Half of it was Blizzard Icon, the other half Rain of Fire) and then the trigger of the spell just depends on the unit tybe of the caster.

But on this subject, bear form is a unit ability that will completly replace the old unit, and thus, abilities will not be carried. If u want a trigger that looks like minde, use Metamorphosis ability. Much better for heroes, and just as manageable.

Good luck out tehhhr

Status
Not open for further replies.