• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Names (not playing animation even with a trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Okay so I'm trying to make it so that when a unit uses (poisonarrows) it plays its "Spell - Throw" animation. I've made a trigger but it will randomly play one of the unit's three spell animations instead of the Spell - Throw animation only. Does anybody know why this is?

Here's the trigger but I don't think the problem is trigger related.

• corrputing arrows animation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Deadeye
      • CorruptingArrowsBoolean Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s Spell - Throw animation
and yes, the Boolean is set appropriately when certain events happen.

Level 10
not the animation names dont work for poison arrows because its an autocast spell. if you manually cast it it works but on autocast it just uses the attacks animations.

and separating them with a comma does not work at all, the unit plays no animation in that case. even without the hyphon it still plays a random spell animation

Level 12
Its supposed to work with strings such as "spell,throw", "attack,slam" etc. If that doesn't work most likely scenario is the unit you're using does not have that animation.

Level 9
It because it just randomly play all animatuin that starts with "spells. Its the sames as the stand or attack animations. But with a jass script you can make sure it play 100% the animation you want:

JASS:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_unit,12)

Replace udg_unit with your unit
Rel,ace 12 with any number from 0 - x undtil your find your animation

Status
Not open for further replies.