• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animated Scenery in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have got a an cool idea about this, how much i know, if you make a folder in wc3 and if it has specific name, the game will load it, so if call it example : Units/Human/GyroCopter/And put a texture in here called GyroCopter.blp the game will load it, no worries about other players...
So this can be awesome for much players to get awesome performances ingame without messing up a size of map ;)
BTW. GJ!!!!

Level 20
Yes, I wrote a tutorial on such, but it was graveyarded due to the fact that you need to edit your registry in order to do it, which the average pc user shouldn't be encouraged to do. Which is fair enough, I'm not complaining, merely saying I doubt the above will ever be used openly.

Level 13
Grey Nightmare, if you're talking to me, no you don't need it, try it, it worked for me, idk yet about models, but textures works, so, just try it with an gyrocopter texture, or anything, create folder in Warcraft3 the name it Units, in it create folder Human, in Human folder create GyroCopter folder, and in it put Gyrocopter Texture, but call it GyroCopter.blp !!!!
If somebody can find out how to do this with models, i would be glad to make the packet with HD Textures and Models

Level 20
Grey Nightmare, if you're talking to me, no you don't need it, try it, it worked for me, idk yet about models, but textures works, so, just try it with an gyrocopter texture, or anything, create folder in Warcraft3 the name it Units, in it create folder Human, in Human folder create GyroCopter folder, and in it put Gyrocopter Texture, but call it GyroCopter.blp !!!!
If somebody can find out how to do this with models, i would be glad to make the packet with HD Textures and Models

It works with models perfectly fine, I wasn't aware it worked without a registry edit though, I will have to try that.

Level 20
If you don't know about it, I'm not going to tell you.
Purely for the fact that ignorance in this case can cause serious problems, it's safer for you not to know mate =) (hence why no tutorial for this exists).

**Tested it, if you do it with models (without the register edit) it causes a fatal error probably because war3 doesn't have permission :/
With the edit it works fine though... you can have 10 (or theoretically any number) models + textures all outside map and play over BNet (assuming everyone has it) but yeah... no idea how your doing it without the edit... =/ meh OT anyways.

EDIT: If you want to continue this conversation at all, feel free to pm/vm me but we better not clog this thread up - this is kinda off-topic ;)

Last edited:
can you compile the canopy tree like the blizzard model? they are in one model, but three variations, so that you could use it as a destructible, and only needs 1 destructible to handle the 3 variations.
Just overwrite the original Canopy Tree pathes. Download the test map or the package if you want to see what they are.
I didn't manage to make a custom doodad of variations, but I believe it's like this: If you have wc3mapimported\Doodad0.mdx, wc3mapimported\Doodad1.mdx, wc3mapimported\Doodad2.mdx, and so on, the path of the doodad's model sould be: wc3mapimported\Doodad.mdx, even if this model doesn't exist actually.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

NEW UPDATE!!!!!

lol, after 1 year
added felwood cattail, and 2 ruins rushes that are cattails also
if you want to see them you should download them in the attachments cos the package isn't updated yet, ill update it in the next update, next year (lol jk)

EDIT: theres a weird mushroom also. dunno how that is going to look in-game... it grows up and then dies emmitting spore clouds... very slowly

Last edited:
Level 4
awesome
Wanna see the result of your work when you'll be done with some more critter animations like bees on their hive on a tree :D
or a shark that eat some fish :D

nice job.

Level 4
YAY!
Want tiger critters that hunt for rabbits!!!!
or all hostile monster havin camps and actually, exploitin their mine and woods? won't attack you until you approach them to close, and would block roads!!!!

YAY!
Want tiger critters that hunt for rabbits!!!!
or all hostile monster havin camps and actually, exploitin their mine and woods? won't attack you until you approach them to close, and would block roads!!!!
The idea is cool :)
but this is about mapping as well, something that I don't want to get too much into

I plan (to those interactive elements scenery) to make periodic stuff with 2 or 3 action variations, I mean...

lizard + 2 rocks = the lizard climbs the rock, then walks around, goes to the other, etc
monkey and 3 nearby trees: jumps around, shake a tree, gets a banana, etc :)

all those as a single doodad with multiple elements

Level 4
That's interesting. Will the monkey banana tree be cutable?
will cuting this tree gives an Banana Grape :D

BANANAS!!!!!

And if the Monkey Bananas Tress doodads have 3 trees with it, it should have 3 time the normal trees HP.

Some more cool advices I've just pointed out huh?

... but the more I give and the closer to a whole new GAME I'm goin.
Which would be quite nice and intresting wouldn'T it? Maybe you should try it out, we never knows :D

That's interesting. Will the monkey banana tree be cutable?
will cuting this tree gives an Banana Grape :D

BANANAS!!!!!

And if the Monkey Bananas Tress doodads have 3 trees with it, it should have 3 time the normal trees HP.

Some more cool advices I've just pointed out huh?
well... it's all about scenery... not mapping. I'll make the doodads and you guys deal with the pathing blockers and stuff.. most likely those doodads wont be destructable.. unless someone makes a system and asks me the specific stuff to do so...

... but the more I give and the closer to a whole new GAME I'm goin.
Which would be quite nice and intresting wouldn'T it? Maybe you should try it out, we never knows :D
yay

I have to ask, are there going to be basic Ashenvale Trees?
the ashenvale trees are unanimated by default... I gave some tries to make animated cliffs and animated trees, but they didn't work and I didn't keep trying since then.... the next update I make I'll try to animate those basic doodads like the ashen tree wall

Status
Not open for further replies.