• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trees will not animate on death...they just disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
This one has me stumped.

Problem: when I kill a tree, it vanishes. I can hear the death sound, and I can see the stump left over, but the tree doesn't tilt and fall. The Barrens Canopy Tree seems to work fine for some reason.

Test map illustrating the problem: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/umuosd/_files/test.w3x

Just press LEFT ARROW after starting the map and you will see the Ashenvale and the Barrens tree vanish instantly. The Barrens Canopy Tree will animation normally.

I've taken the map out of my campaign, reset all units and abilities, deleted all triggers other than the test trigger, and reset fog, sky, and so forth.

I'm sure this isn't a coding problem; I suspect the .mdx model for the trees is damaged in my map somehow, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Does anyone have suggestions?

UPDATE:

I assumed there was some corruption in my file, so I made a map from scratch, put 3 trees in it, and made a trigger that kills those trees when I hit "LEFT ARROW." The bug is still there! Is this a problem with my WC3 game?! Can someone please confirm that they see the trees animate normally or not? Keep in mind that the barrens canopy tree does animate normally on my computer. Here's the tiny test map:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/4u2w7v/_files/test2.w3x

Last edited:
Level 21
First of all, are you able to see the death animation for the trees in your editor?
DeathAnimCheck.jpg

If not, or you just want to try any method of getting your trees to work properly, use MPQ Master to place these files in the folder I'm attaching into your War3.mpq file using the path:
Doodads/Terrain/BarrensTree/

Then test the Barrens tree again both in the editor and in-game. Hopefully that's all that's needed to fix the problem. But if it is, you'll need the rest of the trees sent to you. If that doesn't fix the problem, check to make sure you don't have a folder in your Warcraft directory overwriting the default trees (Doodads/Terrain/--)

Attachments

• BarrensTree.rar
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
Level 14
Thanks for all the suggestions. My video settings were high, so I don't think that was it. I'm not sure what the problem was actually, but I retried it today and it worked fine.

It was quite strange. Thanks though, +rep all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.