• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Models and Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
models

My Models

Here are some of my models... Trees and other doodads... Trees are all destructible...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

UPDATE
The doodads and trees which is 1.11 mb includes all my tree models. I have included them here so map makers and terrain makers can use them. There is also an object data included in the pack so that you can use it without some more changes in the World Editor. I have also included a read me file that will tell you how to use the pack. Enjoy and have fun using all the models here. Just don't forget to give credits to me when you use those models I worked for

Other models will be uploaded soon including their images...
All the trees you see are in the .zip file found in the attached file. They all work, I assure you.

NOTE
If you happen to download any file herein, please do not forget to give comments and give credits to the creator.

Other modeling related threads I have made:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/model-wips-212981/#post2112903

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/eubz-vehicles-207587/

-------------------------------------
New tree here:
attachment.php

Attachments

• AllPinesImg.jpg
    AllPinesImg.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,755
  • AllPinesImg2.jpg
    AllPinesImg2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 3,302
  • WC3ScrnShot_093011_214037_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_093011_214037_03.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 4,819
  • Models.zip
    289.1 KB · Views: 294
  • BlackCitadelGreatGate.mdx
    82.4 KB · Views: 175
  • BlackCitadelArchway.mdx
    99.1 KB · Views: 160
  • WoodGate.mdx
    16.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Doodads and Trees.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 364
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but have you ever seen a tree? Like, a real tree?

Level 6
Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but have you ever seen a tree? Like, a real tree?

Dude, it's for a game, and for a game, these models are awesome.. By your logic, it was pointless for Blizzard to make any game, because they don't go for "reality", but for a more artistic feel... Sorry if that was harsh..

Level 18
Well, as said, the branches need to overlap more and right now they are too symmetric (Xel'naga made trees?) but otherwise they're decent. Add some variation, bigger branches, smaller branches, dead branches, or make the branches themselves as separate meshes, not one circle.

And anarchian, stop being a jerk. At least throw in some constructive criticism.

Level 11
The trees in the first post look very artifical, almost sterile. Not very natural at all. They are way to semetric in my opinion.

Nice trees but I still think you should use a different trunk texture, like the NE 3D campaign ones. The trees look okay next to normal WE trees, but people who use custom trees tend to only use custom trees, so it ends up sticking out a bit/looking too dark. However, I appreciate that someone is finally creating models for terraining purposes again. =)

Level 17
107990d1320933479t-doodad-models-trees-barrenstree-newvar-_03.jpg

This is probably the best custom tree for wc3 ever made, but PLEASE, fix the normals on branches, they are ruining the whole effect.
Copy and paste the same geometry over and over doesn't really work if you have to make a relatively smooth surface.

Level 6
GOOD:
1. All of it, except teh terrain.
Bad:
1. Terrain (Why grasses terrain on beach? or water? Odd!).
2. Banana's tree, and other forest tree's has on the beach?

Level 13
love your trees from the doodad and trees pack!
But i wanted to use them for destructible and some have really odd choping (stand hit) animations, i think they swing too much :( are you going to fix them in the near future?

107990d1320933479t-doodad-models-trees-barrenstree-newvar-_03.jpg

This is probably the best custom tree for wc3 ever made, but PLEASE, fix the normals on branches, they are ruining the whole effect.
Copy and paste the same geometry over and over doesn't really work if you have to make a relatively smooth surface.

Funny how this comes from a guy who made some of the best wc3 trees ever :D

Also, eubz, most of your trees use unshaded and unfogged materials, I know they'll be shaded in a shitty way, but that's still better than no shading at all, believe me.

Last edited:
most of your trees use unshaded and unfogged materials
I have not noticed this. Trees should not be unfogged, though because these trees with unfogged materials, specially if the part is on leaves, will make the said tree bad for terraining purposes. I guess I will have to take a look to all those tree models I have and get them updated (If such trees really have unfogged and unshaded materials. For those trees having no unfogged and unshaded materials, I'll leave them at ease).

Thanks HappyTauren.

Status
Not open for further replies.