• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to convert Tree doodad to Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi folks,

I'm messing with the Retera Model Studio and I am trying to recreate the Tree Planter doodad from Reforged to Classic.

I managed to get it well done, however I imported the model from the Cityscape - Summer Tree (classic) to my edited Model so it would look like Classic. Everything seemed fine until I imported my Model into my Map.

editor.png

I used my imported Model as a Doodad and Unit, the Doodad one with a variation limit with 1. As you can see the Doodad one looks promising, however the Unit one is just white. This wouldn't be problematic but now this is what it looks like Ingame.
ingame.png

Both look awful now, what do I miss?

I imported the "weird" Tree to my model with everything marked and set up. (Retera's Model Studio)
war3.w3mod\doodads\terrain\cityscapetree\cityscapetree0.mdx

I attached my Tree Model in this thread with my Grass.blp Texture just import both and set
war3mapImported\Grass.blp
to
Grass.blp

Anyone knows the answer for my problem?

Attachments

• TreePlant0.mdx
    14.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Grass.BLP
    8.6 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.