• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Models and Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how this comes from a guy who made some of the best wc3 trees ever :D

Also, eubz, most of your trees use unshaded and unfogged materials, I know they'll be shaded in a shitty way, but that's still better than no shading at all, believe me.

Just a pro tip:

For tree branches, you use a material with three sub-materials. First, you have your regular transparent material. Then, you have one with blend material - because blend has a longer rendering range and smoother gradients than just pure transparent (while the transparent layer prevents polygons from rendering on top of eachother). Finally, you add another material, which has blend, but which is also unshaded. You then set the alpha of this layer to 40% and voila! The leaves will have smooth alpha, long render distance, AND have soft shading and an illusion of translucency on the leaves.

Last edited:

These are my latest works

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gmax_scene.jpeg
    Gmax_scene.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Opacit_in_Gmax.jpeg
    Opacit_in_Gmax.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 281
Status