• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making a custom Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I made a tree and the animations, but I can seem to figure out why it shows up in the editor but not in the game... If I make it a doodad or a model it shows up in game so it cant be a model problem..

But when I make it a destructable and turn off variation and replaceable texture, it doesn't seem to be visable in the game but does in the editor.

All I see is the shadow...

Anyone know of a tree tutorial or a way to solve this?

(Edit) Never mind I figured it out. If anyone is intrested how:

-Changed Model File to "Custom model"
- I turned Model File Variation - 1
- Model File - Had Lightweight Model = False (This is why)
- Replaceable texture - none
-Replaceable ID -1 (Probably doesn't matter)

Last edited:
Level 3
Neither I, I just make my trees / custom tree as a doodad, because doodads don't need the replaceable texture, I think your problem is the Replaceable Texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.