• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Not Showing Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a model that I got from the Darenei WoW Doodads pack hosted here on HiveWorkshop.

I can see the textures are applied using retera's model studio, however in the world editor the model will not load.

I simply get a checker patterned cube in it's place. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

When using Warcraft III viewer it shows textures being used also.

I have also updated the paths for the textures inside the MDX file using retera's model studio so pathing should not be an issue.

World Edit View
NYwErjT.jpeg

Warcraft III Viewer View
r1PFGYc.png

Retera's Model Studio View
RcIiwmg.png

Attachments

• SpireSmall.zip
    767.6 KB · Views: 17
Level 4
Friend, i check your file on a Classic Wc3 Portable, it worked perfectly.
The textures (.BLP) of the model need to be precisely with the correct paths and all the textures that are part of the model (although they are not used by some Material-ID inside it), necessarily need "all" (no exceptions) to be described in their WE import, if a single description is missing, the model will not work.
1662035996960.png

Status
Not open for further replies.