• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naval Combat v1.02 (P)

Reactions: ikillforeyou
Contents

Naval Combat v1.02 (P) (Map)

Level 3
This map is similar to the Battleships map, but with many improvements! You are no longer restricted to having just 6 guns, the larger ships have from 60 to 75 guns at any one time! The game utilises a very innovative trigger designed by me to ensure that there is VERY little lag during gameplay!

This map is completely orientated around combat, everything is organised so that you spend as little time looking for the right module to buy as possible, and as much time blowing the hull off the enemy team!

All items and ships are extensivly mathematically balanced, and each gun has a damage per second value to ensure that comparing weapons is as simple as possible!

In Battleships, I hated 2 things the most. The camera was stuck very close to the map and didn't let you see much. This is fixed in Naval Combat, simply press Esc and the camera will be zoomed to one of 4 settings, ranging from low to extreme!

Secondly, I hated how your guns fired randomly. Totally annoying as hell. In Naval combat, simply left click an enemy ship, and your guns will focus fire on that ship as long as that ship is within the gun's range!

I really hope you enjoy my map, there's been extensive bug testing, and as far as I know, it's completely bug free.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please, don't hesitate!

Redoubt

Level 3
I have played this a few times and it drops players quite easily...I would suggest removing some of the 5000 doodads and 900 units in the mapfile. Really, make some effort to reduce the size of the map otherwise it is only going to work on a lan.

Unfortunately the map is protected otherwise I would fix it myself.

Level 1
Hmm... Guns firing randomly was one of my favorite points of battleships... It actually balanced different ranged weapons, as opposed to here where it's pointless to buy anything but long range weapons due to the fact that everything with shorter range can never get within range of any half-decent opponent who was smat enough to buy a reasonably fast ship. Oh well, to each his own I guess, but targeted fire takes away a lot of the skill in my opinion.

Level 2
this map has a huge exploit.

You can simply buy pirate xebec CONTINUOUSLY and it will sell itself for a high value.

A guy made this in my game and god 50k, then got an uber siege weapon and owned u,u"