• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Enlightened Ones - Munil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
123671d1363736677-enlightened-ones-munil-logo2.png
Well, for the past 2 years I been trying to start making a campaign and just now I started working on one, I don't know why I did not start early but okay that is irrelevant at the moment. Some of you know my map Dwarven Mines, I think this map came out pretty decent, the campaign will be very similar to this map, you might wanna check it out for future references.

Campaign Description
The campaign will take place a year after the official Warcraft 3 campaign of the Frozen Throne, it will have most of the heroes you are familiar with such as Arthas, Furion and of course I will add my own creations to the mix, mostly you will be playing new heroes, since you already played with the lore heroes then it makes sense that I put them to the side and controlled by the computer, for now.

The lore of the campaign is based on a real-life myth but I obviously twisted it a little bit to put it in the game but once you find out what the story is, you will shit bricks.

On this campaign you will be playing mostly Munil Bronzebeard, yes he is the new member of the Bronzebeard family and yes I made him up. He is a dwarf so you will be playing a brand new race with brand new buildings, upgrades, units and such. Munil's brother is Muradin Bronzebeard who was killed by Arthas on the official campaign. I can't tell you much of the lore because it would be much of a spoiler.

This is the first campaign of a series of campaigns I will be making, all of them will be related too!

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/8/icons_7673_btn.jpg[/IMG] Munil Bronzebeard
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/8/icons_7673_btn.jpg[/IMG] Munil Bronzebeard

The Dwarven Thane is part of the Bronzebeard family and it is feared by most dwarves, also called dwarven warlord, Munil is a fierce warrior and tends to scare away most of his opponents. His hammer is incredibly strong and knocks back units when it hits.

Spells:
1. Storm Bolt
icons_11923_btn.jpg

A magical hammer that is thrown to damage units and buildings and it also knock units in its way.
Level 1 - 75 damage & 100 knockback distance.
Level 2 - 130 damage & 200 knockback distance.
Level 3 - 200 damage & 300 knockback distance.
Level 4 - 265 damage & 300 knockback distance.
Level 5 - 300 damage & 300 knockback distance.

2. Bronzebeard's Presence
icons_633_btn.jpg

The presence of such high ranked dwarven lord in the battlefield allows units to gain hit points when they hit enemy units..
Level 1 - Gains 10% of attack damage.
Level 2 - Gains 20% of attack damage.
Level 3 - Gains 30% of attack damage.
Level 4 - Gains 40% of attack damage.
Level 5 - Gains 50% of attack damage.

3. Summon Surik
icons_15133_btn.jpg

Summons Surik, a powerful drake, to attack your enemies, depending on terrain he changes to a different type of drake giving him different kind of spells, it can also attack as a ranged or melee unit.
Level 1 - 475 hit points and 21 to 25 damage.
Level 2 - 670 hit points and 35 to 39 damage.
Level 3 - 890 hit points and 45 to 49 damage.
Level 4 - 1100 hit points and 54 to 58 damage.
Level 5 - 1350 hit points and 62 to 66 damage.

4. Battle Cry (Ultimate)
icons_14027_btn.jpg

Passively increases the Thane's base damage and when activated increases the damage and defense of nearby friendly units for 45 seconds.
Level 1 - 20 base damage, 50% damage increade and +3 armor when activated.
Level 2 - 40 base damage, 90% damage increade and +6 armor when activated.
Level 3 - 60 base damage, 130% damage increade and +9 armor when activated.
Chapters and Screenshots
I just want to mention that these screenshots might change by the time I finish the campaign, what this means is that these could be old screenshots but I will try to keep this updated!

The Emperor has been corrupted, nobody knows why he is hunting his own race. This is a really harsh dictatorship even for dwarves.

Munil is being hunted by the Emperor, he needs to escape and start a rebelion, to do so he must survive the first wave the emperor has sent for him.

Inside the dwarven mines
123667d1363736677-enlightened-ones-munil-e1-pic-1.png

A few stairs that lead to another mine?
123668d1363736677-enlightened-ones-munil-e1-pic-2.png
The Dwarven Thane begins to wonder if his brother is really dead. Muradin was killed when he was helping Arthas on the quest to get Frostmourne

Muradin's death
123669d1363736677-enlightened-ones-munil-e2-pic-1.png

Munil thinking about his dead brother.
123670d1363736677-enlightened-ones-munil-e2-pic-2.png
The Dwarven Thane arrives to seek his brother on these war-torn lands. The icy chill of winter has begun to fall and the battles between races has begun to re-appear after a long time.

Munil talking to his comrades.
123672d1363736747-enlightened-ones-munil-e3-pic-1.png

Munil talking to the humans.
123673d1363736747-enlightened-ones-munil-e3-pic-2.png

Munil disguised as a fel orc trying to set the dragons free.
123674d1363736747-enlightened-ones-munil-e3-pic-3.png
Munil arrives on the far east part of the world, most of his units already died on these chilly lands, as the ice falls on Munil's face, something starts to shake, it is the egg those dragons left behind, the little drake was born.

Muradin's camp
124324d1365476453-enlightened-ones-munil-e4-pic-1.png

Munil with his companion Surik talking to Razzil.
124325d1365476453-enlightened-ones-munil-e4-pic-2.png
Munil travels to the top of the mountains where he fights new devil creatures. Muradin traveled to the top of this mountain and Munil is certain that he is still around here somewhere.

A little cave on top of the mountain
124376d1365654019-enlightened-ones-munil-e5-pic-1.png

First mini-boss.
124377d1365654019-enlightened-ones-munil-e5-pic-2.png

A little hideout.
124378d1365654019-enlightened-ones-munil-e5-pic-3.png
The point of making this thread is for you guys to help me with feedback on the lore and tell me what you think about the lore itself and that is related to the official campaign. Also comments on terrain, spells and units would be really appreciated! As the thread progresses I will be adding more features to it, please follow the development of this campaign!

So far:
4 Games
1 Epilogue

Goals:
More than 10 playable maps
More than 5 mini-games
More than 10 Hive followers

Dwarven Worker
by IamMclovin

DwarvenShieldBreaker
by Norinrad

Dwarven Rider
by Tranquil

Dwarven axe thrower
by Frankster

BTNFrostwolfrider
by Mr.Goblin

Dwarven Thane
by Norinrad

BTNdwarvenhammer3
by Pyramidhe@d

Archway and Stairs
by olofmoleman

Rays
by Tranquil

BTNBeardedDwarf
by GhostThruster

CurrosiveHammerBTN
by dizzt

HeroPaladinBoss2
by GreyArchon

Hero Ranger (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)
by Kuhneghetz

BTNCRBLOOD
by CRAZYRUSSIAN

Azuredragonspawn
by Sellenisko

BTN_AzureDragonElementalist
by Muoteck

WarStompCaster
by JetFangInferno

BTNElements
by Kanadaj

Spikes (Wood)
by communist_orc

WC2 Church
by Ket

Dwarven Battlepriest
by Tranquil

BTNBattlepriest
by Norinrad

BTNBattlePriestsHammer
by NFWar

Attachments

• The Enlightened Ones - Munil.w3n
    3.1 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Level 9
Interesting!

How much did you twisted the story?!? I'm curious:goblin_good_job:

The myth that my campaign is based on is been around for thousands of years, it can be twisted in many ways to fit in the Wacrarft 3 world, the way I am doing it is, hopefully, the best way to introduce it into the game.

The idea looks great!

some ideas for his third skill:
-Summoning an animal companion
-Berserking (attack and movespeed)
-Stoneform (like dwarves in WoW)
-Forcing enemies to attack him

Good luck!

Those are some decent ideas, I like the summoning a companion, thing is what do dwarfs like, when it comes to having pets? A bear? Also I need spells that could be related to the other spells, for example; I bash the unit back and then I can toss something at it from the distance or also summoning a companion and then use the ultimate to raise its armor and attack damage but I am not sure. Help!

I am half-way through the second chapter, hopefully this campaign will have at least 10 playable maps and 5 epilogues.

Attachments

• E1 pic 1.png
    E1 pic 1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 921
  • E1 pic 2.png
    E1 pic 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 901
  • E2 pic 1.png
    E2 pic 1.png
    922.9 KB · Views: 862
  • E2 pic 2.png
    E2 pic 2.png
    683.8 KB · Views: 889
  • Logo2.png
    Logo2.png
    395.8 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:
Level 6
Okay,
i think it is a good idea to make the skills related, and that they increase each other's strengths, maybe it is a good idea to give him a skill that inceases in damage the larger the range is between the hero and the target (like Enchantress in DotA) but that skill doesn't really fit him, but it could be given to another hero.

For now, i think that the best idea to use as his third skill is summoning the bear. The bear would have high damage and Hp, and maybe some abilities that fit well with Munil's

About the maps:
unfortunately i can't help you make the maps because i suck at it :p but i will check this forum so I can give you my ideas :)

Good luck!

Level 9
Okay,
i think it is a good idea to make the skills related, and that they increase each other's strengths, maybe it is a good idea to give him a skill that inceases in damage the larger the range is between the hero and the target (like Enchantress in DotA) but that skill doesn't really fit him, but it could be given to another hero.

For now, i think that the best idea to use as his third skill is summoning the bear. The bear would have high damage and Hp, and maybe some abilities that fit well with Munil's

About the maps:
unfortunately i can't help you make the maps because i suck at it :p but i will check this forum so I can give you my ideas :)

Good luck!

I like the whole idea of summoning a companion, thing is that summoning a bear would be just like Rexxar's ability so I need to find what kind of companion a dwarf could summon that is not a bear. Any other ideas for Munil's 3rd spell? anyone?

I just updated the main post, added a few pictures here and there, now it looks better for reviewers :D

I am half-way through my second playable map and this one is going to be about stealth, yeah I know stealth on a dwarf, that is pretty weird ahaha but once you play it you will understand it isn't weird at all.

One more thing, if enough people ask me then I will post the myth that this campaign is based on.

Attachments

• E3 pic 1.png
    E3 pic 1.png
    746.4 KB · Views: 877
  • E3 pic 2.png
    E3 pic 2.png
    904.6 KB · Views: 1,131
  • E3 pic 3.png
    E3 pic 3.png
    984.9 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:
Level 19
Is this by any chance related to that map contest entry you made some time ago? Sure looks alike :b

I noticed that in some of the screenshots of yours, the rock models were flying above ground-level which gives an ugly unrealistic effect, so I think you should lower those doodads by selecting them and press Ctrl + PgDn until it's one with the ground.
I'd also recommend making the playable main hero's four abilities totally unique instead of copying the Mountain King's abilities, which removes that exotic fresh feeling from the players.

I'll keep an eye on you ^^

Level 9
Is this by any chance related to that map contest entry you made some time ago? Sure looks alike :b

I noticed that in some of the screenshots of yours, the rock models were flying above ground-level which gives an ugly unrealistic effect, so I think you should lower those doodads by selecting them and press Ctrl + PgDn until it's one with the ground.
I'd also recommend making the playable main hero's four abilities totally unique instead of copying the Mountain King's abilities, which removes that exotic fresh feeling from the players.

I'll keep an eye on you ^^

I fixed most of the flying rocks, i didnt even notice that ahaha

Well I guess its time for the first WIP, try it out and tell me what you think! I accept all kind of feedback. I havent done any descriptions when it comes to loading screens and such but once i am done with the maps I will put loading screens with descriptions and everything. Oh and I already made the 3rd spell but on the first and second playable map, u wont have it, it will appear as a undiscovered spell until you finish chapter two. theres 2 playable maps and a epilogue, enjoy!

One more thing ahahaha, the difficulty system is working so if you choose to play in hard you can do so and it will actually be harder.

FEEDBACK PLIX!

Last edited:
Level 3
I fixed most of the flying rocks, i didnt even notice that ahaha

Well I guess its time for the first WIP, try it out and tell me what you think! I accept all kind of feedback. I havent done any descriptions when it comes to loading screens and such but once i am done with the maps I will put loading screens with descriptions and everything. Oh and I already made the 3rd spell but on the first and second playable map, u wont have it, it will appear as a undiscovered spell until you finish chapter two. theres 2 playable maps and a epilogue, enjoy!

One more thing ahahaha, the difficulty system is working so if you choose to play in hard you can do so and it will actually be harder.

FEEDBACK PLIX!

I will try it and give you feedback, I am even going to download it even though I can just go to your aptm and get it XD wait no that would be a pain in the ass so yea i am downloading it.

btw was that the one u were working on like decades ago?

Level 6
I tested out the maps and this is my feedback:

Things I like:
Nice terraining, the terrain is well made
Models, all models work and are awesome
Cinematics are nice but a bit too long
Munil's skills look cool

Things that could use improvement:
The dwarves' melee unit has almost the same stats as the footman, maybe change it a little. Also for the other units.
There are a few mistakes in spelling within the cinematics.
The maps don't use a custom campaign screen yet. Maybe you could write a little backstory on the loading screen.

Things that need improvement
Munil's 'bash' ability can be abused by constantly cancelling your attacks. This will make the enemy be bashed multiple times quickly.
The second part of the second mission doesn't seem to work. After the first set of guards(after being morphed to orc) the orcs just kill me and then Munil dies.

Overall, well done!

Level 30
Looks very interesting and fun to play.... Hey, there is already a demo Campaign. More feedbacks later!

EDIT 1: Ok, I've already played the campaign and it was very fun to play. I love the feeling that the game gives. Terrain is fine but I have noticed that your terrain at the Campaign.... where your at a snowy region, it was quite empty. No rocks, flowers and no anything. Only trees and enemies.... try to imrpove the terrain here but actually story is quite interesting to follow. Events are quite unexpected! Most of all, good luck and keep on updating. Here's a +REP!

Last edited:
Level 19
Cool map here. Mainly here for a suggestion for his third skill.

You already have a passive, so I see no need for one. The guy looks like the regular Mountain King from the vanilla WarCraft 3. My suggestion here would maybe be an AoE spell which maybe increases damage/deals damage, fits him being able to easily control the flow of battle.

Suggestion on double knockback - seems too overpowered, meaning you can easily place your opponents in a bad position, which is the whole point of the spell. I would suggest maybe something like a cone damage in front of him where he swings his hammer, dealing damage and drags the enemy to him.

Also, this suggestion is pretty biased, but try removing the percent chance (relies on luck not skill) and maybe replace it every few attacks deal bonus damage and knockback, or make it an active spell which adds bash on the next regular attack.

Level 9
I will try it and give you feedback, I am even going to download it even though I can just go to your aptm and get it XD wait no that would be a pain in the ass so yea i am downloading it.

btw was that the one u were working on like decades ago?

Well it is kind of related, the campaign will be very similar.

I tested out the maps and this is my feedback:

Things I like:
Nice terraining, the terrain is well made
Models, all models work and are awesome
Cinematics are nice but a bit too long
Munil's skills look cool

Things that could use improvement:
The dwarves' melee unit has almost the same stats as the footman, maybe change it a little. Also for the other units.
There are a few mistakes in spelling within the cinematics.
The maps don't use a custom campaign screen yet. Maybe you could write a little backstory on the loading screen.

Things that need improvement
Munil's 'bash' ability can be abused by constantly cancelling your attacks. This will make the enemy be bashed multiple times quickly.
The second part of the second mission doesn't seem to work. After the first set of guards(after being morphed to orc) the orcs just kill me and then Munil dies.

Overall, well done!

I just noticed that the bash ability can be abused thank you, I fixed it! Well i actually changed the whole spell ahaha

Looks very interesting and fun to play.... Hey, there is already a demo Campaign. More feedbacks later!

EDIT 1: Ok, I've already played the campaign and it was very fun to play. I love the feeling that the game gives. Terrain is fine but I have noticed that your terrain at the Campaign.... where your at a snowy region, it was quite empty. No rocks, flowers and no anything. Only trees and enemies.... try to imrpove the terrain here but actually story is quite interesting to follow. Events are quite unexpected! Most of all, good luck and keep on updating. Here's a +REP!

Thank you! I will most likely finish up terrain when I am completely done with the campaign.

imo it would be more original to be muradins cousin or uncle. the bronzebeards are an entire family, and not just three brothers

Yes, I know the Bronzebeard family in fact they are my favorite family on the warcraft lore, I created this character thinking how could I connect the official campaign with this one somehow, making a new member of the Bronzebeard family was like the perfect idea ahahaha. Well, cousins do not have a strong bond compared to brothers, that way I kind of add drama to the campaign you know.

make it an active spell which adds bash on the next regular attack.

That sounds legit, I am trying that and if it does not work then I will think of something else. Thanks though!

Just posted a new WIP, its on the main post and it has everything fixed... Well, things that I know that needed fixing of course.

Level 9
I'm looking forward to this, Campaigns always make me feel awezome when I feel down. Well, keep up the good work. Edit: Downloading it now.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well I just finished another map, this one took me a little longer because it has a little TD in it :B I was thinking and his 2nd spell does not match his skillset so I changed it to fit the Thane. On this map you head to the far east part of the world and you go to Razzil's Darkbrew circus were you find some familiar faces and you accept Razzil's challenge, if you win you will receive all the information concerning Muradin and if you dont then you fail and you will have to restart the map xD

I am about to start the next chapter and this one will be kinda short so after I am done with it I will post a playable WIP.

Main post has been updated and thanks everyone for the support!

Attachments

• E4 pic 1.png
    E4 pic 1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 623
  • E4 pic 2.png
    E4 pic 2.png
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Level 30
Well I just finished another map, this one took me a little longer because it has a little TD in it :B I was thinking and his 2nd spell does not match his skillset so I changed it to fit the Thane. On this map you head to the far east part of the world and you go to Razzil's Darkbrew circus were you find some familiar faces and you accept Razzil's challenge, if you win you will receive all the information concerning Muradin and if you dont then you fail and you will have to restart the map xD

I am about to start the next chapter and this one will be kinda short so after I am done with it I will post a playable WIP.

Main post has been updated and thanks everyone for the support!

Very good. So the campaign, progress again. I would like to see more Playable WiP for your Campaign in your first post is outdated. +2 REP for making progress again!:thumbs_up:

Level 9
Very good. So the campaign, progress again. I would like to see more Playable WiP for your Campaign in your first post is outdated. +2 REP for making progress again!:thumbs_up:

I just uploaded a playable WIP, it should be on the main post.

A few things about this playable WIP: There is till lot to be done to the campaign when it comes to some terraining, skillsets, presentation and sound. I am trying to make it look like an official campaign, as "professional" as possible!

On the next playable WIP it will say whats the whole campaign about, the myth that is based on, yall will shit bricks! :B

Feedback please!

Attachments

• E5 pic 1.png
    E5 pic 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 615
  • E5 pic 2.png
    E5 pic 2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 722
  • E5 pic 3.png
    E5 pic 3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 640
Status