• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well cause I've time and energy now.

Yoh! Nice essay! I like your determination.
Could I call upon you for a review, at some point in the feature?
Good job +Rep
I can't promise anything right now.

brunner said:
Nuul Goreblade - Leader of Spears
I would say this hero should get some kind of item like a artifact spear that has been passed down through the clan to each leader of the spears. Also I noticed direfury grunts start with 450 health and maybe one of thr perks for this path could be your grunts get +30 health but lose there poison ability. Since they use Spears maybe get cleave or a small bleeding effect
But spears and cleaving doesn't connect. Direfury starts with 450hp grunts cause this clan doesn't specialize in melee.

Gram the Wild - Slayer of Wyverns
Well this hero should be ranged idk if you was going bow or spear with him. But I know this path your grunts would keep the poison on them. You would get a elite ranged unit called a Wyvern hunter who also has poison or maybe crit. And for this paths final unit maybe a Wyvern rider or just tamed wyvern.
Maybe keep current Hunter hero?

Garakha - The Grandmother
I was thinking since this path is more like a magic based path the grunts would lose there poison and the direfury would erect a totem that gave all there units 0.3 life regeneration. Then they would get new magic units.
Why like every path must contain grunts change aspect xD? I'm against that policy. Also while thinking about desert Direfury clan I'm thinking more about sand dunes that healing totems. That is why this hero in my haed would use some wind based abilities like sandstorm (aoe dmg), wind shield aura (reduces ranged dmg) or Wind Acceleration (like current Chase on Defiler). Ultimate could be either some aoe long duration slow or something connected to
desert mirages.

Earthcaller=Shamans who spent time out in the abyssal desert and mastered the art of the earth. Maybe summon a earth/sand elemental
I would see them more in Mountain Clan.
Spirit callers=Shamans trained by grandmother herself they common with the dead of the clan. Maybe bring fourth spirits to help out the clan or attack there
That one is definetely Mountain clan.

Good job on fixing T8. Modes works somehow which is great. But random teams are not so great as I stated yesterday in game with Argos. Also some clans bugs out (grey?) and don't get ally cause some adressing issue (someome told me he is allied to player 8 but it don't work, 8 is the number of grey which didn't get ally too). IMO currently Pact of Blood + Call of War is just the worst composition cause you can die even before getting your hero, if you are unlucky. Maybe reverse it to 4vs4 instead of 2vs2vs2vs2? Or just fix teams like this: Red+Blue, Teal+Green, Orange+Purple, Grey+Yellow.

Map design also must change somehow. There shouldn't be 2 neutral bases between yellow and purple cause it makes it impossible to without getting damaged by neutrals, additionaly it makes interacting between yellow and purple too difficult and forces them too much on fighting their natural battlefront. For the same reason 1 of those bases should be moved between grey and yellow to seperate them little more. I think that neutral base placement should favour yellow in regard of getting boneyard and maintaining it. At the south, area between Green and warchief Kargath control point could be wider to enable easier movement as well better passability.

Regarding control point's placement:
- Crossroads should be moved further south so it would be more contested between Mountain and Direfury clans, (which should balance grey cause atm he has little too great start with one of the best defendable bases + 2 easy to take and maintain additional control points,
- I'm not completely happy with Seamerum CP, cause it is most of the time secluded from the rest of the world, blocked from 1 side by Direfury base, and on other by Neutral base,

Regarding bases:

- some clans have it better, some have it worse. I'm happy with Red and blue balance for reference cause while red has more cp nearby, he has 2 exits, while blue has only 1 exit but only 1 cp near base,
- Green lacks moat. The fact that you can travel that water on foot makes it the worst base for defending, cause enemy can just bypass your wall and towers,

- Purple has not so great base but with skullcrusher catapult addition I think it becomec managable. Still I'm thinking whether changing position of his entrance would favour Skullcrush clan. Cause now it leads straight into orange base. But with changing it, we basically hand Old Road CP to orange,

- Some people were complaining that Abandoned Plain CP is non defendable as orange. I disagree with this statement as I'm pretty sure you can move there with your "militia" troops from base,

- Yellow is kind of lacking in base department. Maybe if we gave him some addition like for purple he would be better. It doesn't have to be defence bonus. It can as well be offensive capability which would make out for his not so great defences. For example maybe ability to use transport ship to travel around?

- Bloodbane, Stormhowl, Direfury, Dreadfire bases are ok for me,

Regarding 9th Clan:
- As we are deciding on 9 players map, we must decide where do we squeze additional clan. I vote for old pink position for new clan cause the area between orange and red is kind of empty. But then Grey Pass Neutral base should be moved somehow,
- Simple solution for new clan idea - scrap old Warlock from teal as well as Undefeated with Deceiver from Orange to make, a Demon cult clan (maybe name them Dreadfire),
- Orange would get 2 new heroes (necromancy, death theme) as well as new name,
- clan focus should differ from orange,
- Demonic units for this clan, lack of Golk units,
- Event with opening Demon Portal,

Regarding our non finished talk about Heroes - Heroes which concept doesn't work as intented, or hereos need boost:

- Warlord (Red Blade Path Hero) - with removal of Human Bastions, the need for good chokepoint defence breakers plummeted. And even in this task Warlord isn't so great. His aura is great, makes that small difference in melee engangment. Out for Blood is cheap and kind of works in synergy by addind that extra armor. But as I pointed out in game, it is all for naught if enemy just targets instantly other unit, so I think that this ability should get taunting effect to make it more viable. Ultimate ability took me long time to work out what it is good for. With limited amount of units, this isn't exactly late game battle changer ability, so it should be used with only few but elite units, am I right? So most likely Warlord + Moving Fortresses (if they can be linked) is the best option you can have. It kind of increases hero survibality against hero sniping. So far not so bad, but last ability I'll touch is kind of out of place. War Stomp? It deals light dmg + stuns. But why would I want to melee stun around my hero, if he can have better armor, thorns aura and shares pain with rest of troops? It is kind of counter productive. If in this ability slot, Warlord had for example shockwave he would be so much better. Or maybe gave him so battle cry which taunts enemies while also aoe heal around hero. Warlord would work then so much better.

- Berserker (Blue Blade Path) - on paper he sounds great. But in reality with no items outside of human's supplies - not so great. The problem with him is that 2 of his abilities have visible flaws which I supposse are there to support his ultimate ability usage. But even with abilities maxed out this hero just don't do what he was intented to do. Which is making aoe frontline damage. Massacre working with every 5th kill means that in most fights it will be used 3 times max (if your hero isn't sniped at start of the fight) and needing extra micromanagment to actually deal deathblow with hero. Vicious Slashes kind of make enemies easier to kill but it don't chain combo well with massacre. Ulti is fine but it don't change general effectivnes of Berserker. He will be tougher to kill, but at the same time he won't kill faster when most of units will have around 50% dmg reduction. In effect Berserk lacks presence on the battlefield. My idea is to swap his massacre with Reaver Clash ability. Clash having % chance on every attack would synergise with attack speed bonus, while Massacre would be almost as good as Clash on Reaver cause he can hit harder on ultimate ability.

- Untamed (Green Blade Path) - overall he is great until he unlocks his ultimate. Make it castable on heroes, and he will be really great in eliminating other heroes, because I think it is kind of waste to cast ulti on normal units to just get corpse for healing (which will be knocked back...),

- Shaman (Green Wisdom Path) - he is just weird. If I'm getting it right he should be all about being support to army. For starters his basic heal should not be canceled by getting damaged. As it is heal over time (max 500hp over 30s) it isn't as strong as for example Paladin's Holy Light and with beinb easily cancelled it is almost unusable in battle. Then we move on the Wisdom ability which is IMO strongest cause it can replenish that precious mana on other casters for spells. Nature's Blessing I would change to just flat regeneration bonus (1,2,3,4 or 2/4/6/8) withouth any restrictions. Mass Entangle is out of place, as it doesn't work so great with usual composition for healer heavy armer (I tend to couple them with durable melee units which works wonders). Wouldn't it be better to change Mass Entangle for Tranquility, and Rejunevation for Entangle? This way we could have some offensive option on this hero earlier on, and get more healing presence in large battles.

- Trapper (Yellow Shadow Path) - my favourite hero which needs some kind of buff to stand up to rest of yellow's heroes. I really like her hidden skill synergy. ATM this is just to much bother to make her as usefull as rest of heroes though. Set Trap can deal great amount of damage in succession with Throw Nets but... It's range is poor (oh how much times did my Hero just circled around enemies to move in range to cast it while being slaughtered) and it can deal friendly fire (oh how much times did it blown in my hero face). If casting range would be increased then most of problems would be gone. No complaint about Chase and Throw Nets. Her ulti though while being really fun when you pull it off, is kind of too limited and I feel that without abusing her ultimate to get more stats, she can't compare to other heroes on the same level of experience. Maybe add neutral base demi-Heroes to list of targets which yields statistic bonuses? I rlly would love to see some kind of event for her (bounty list) for those demi heroes which would give her stats bonuses before level 6 though.

That are major heroes which in my opinions deserve some rework or boost. I'm not sure about Green Beastmaster (how those summons scale late game) as well as purple Seeker (If that Teleport on ultimate is game changer). The rest of heros are ok for me. Maybe not perfectly balanced atm, but they do what they were intented to do.

Level 2
I also found out in t8 that some of the hostile bases just explode and you can't cap the bases or the cps. Also I'm hosting right now some come join.

Level 10
@Sanvone Again thanks for amazing review + suggestions. I'll try to buff some heroes you mentioned. And if they still won't be working as supposed to be ill change their abilities.

I thought about 9th clan really hard, but then I had an interesting idea. What if 9th clan would be ogres?

@MogulKahn Every unit should be more or less unique. Though I can't promise that some heroes won't use unit models.

@brunner Yeah it's a minor bug but impossible to fix, must remake whole capture triggers. I played few games also recently, was fun ;)

@kakuzu. Everything is cool. Waiting for Strydy to wash your thoughts away with tsunami of awesomeness.

Level 2
Like it's random some bases do it some dont. You will go and attack the vile strongholds and when you kill it instead of it respawning and it's under your control it's just destroyed. Also the cps sometimes just wount let you capture. I tried everything and it just doesn't work. But like I said it's random so sometimes it happens and other games it doesn't. Also alot of peolpe are complaining that the fire you build stops you from capturing someone's base control point which it does. That's what I got for now and also I played dreadfire clan and I choose the wisdom path and I couldn't go hall of souls

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Like it's random some bases do it some dont. You will go and attack the vile strongholds and when you kill it instead of it respawning and it's under your control it's just destroyed. Also the cps sometimes just wount let you capture.

You may only stand with one unit in the circle while capturing. If there's more than one unit either ally or foe, you wont be able to capture it. I know that this is not really a good thing, but I wont bother to fix that until the final release.

If that isn't the issue, then it's just trial and error I suppose.

Level 10
Actually this problem is not recent. When multiple units die on the control point recently they block availability of control point being captured for a short period of time (till their corpses disappear). The bug with fire can be fixed if we add exception for control point to ignore this unit type, Chaosy?

Hall of souls will be unlocked.

Level 2
For the 9th clan being ogres how would that work? Like will these ogres be stronger than the orcs and that's why there is only one clan of ogres? Also I was thinking for yellow since he has a slave master shouldn't get like some kind of special slave units?;like maybe some trolls or maybe a minotaur as an elite unite or some goblins because that is just what yellows faction reminds me of this orc tribe that dominated these other races and use them as slaves. What do you guys think?

Level 10
In tunnels deep beneath Gorimmar, slaves of many races are bleeding for the glory of Slavemasters. Goblins are the weakest, though their strength lies in numbers and agility. Ogres are the strongest and mostly used as gladiators in the Arena for their crudeness. Orcs are the most common sight, mostly captive members of other clans or simply too dumb to be anything else.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Actually this problem is not recent. When multiple units die on the control point recently they block availability of control point being captured for a short period of time (till their corpses disappear). The bug with fire can be fixed if we add exception for control point to ignore this unit type, Chaosy?

Hall of souls will be unlocked.

hmpf, I feel like I should have filtered out dead units.. but then again we didn't have things dying in our test maps so it's possible that I missed it -.-

Level 2
brunner did won. I literally can't win if any decent player is in the game. It always goes downhill for me with each DC/leave. Well curse the luck I suppose. Still brunner is getting good grasp of this + making good decision on army composition + upgrades timing.

In tunnels deep beneath Gorimmar, slaves of many races are bleeding for the glory of Slavemasters. Goblins are the weakest, though their strength lies in numbers and agility. Ogres are the strongest and mostly used as gladiators in the Arena for their crudeness. Orcs are the most common sight, mostly captive members of other clans or simply too dumb to be anything else.
Nice description. Regarding Ogres Clan (I hope it will be orc clan with ogres, not other way around) - what will happen with southeast Ogres camp and dungeon?

Here is my compilated list of bugs:

# Modes
- Pact of Blood doesn't work properly cause usually 2 out of 8 players aren't allied. While I was watching replays I think that I found out source of that problem. People can still be allied to removed humans players,
- Mercy is a mess if someone is captured 2nd time. Alliances don't work properly, even though player will change color to the most recent captor, he will still be allied to old one. In some instances old ally can still control that player units and he can't attack him. That problem involves vision too.

#Terrain and Control Points
- As you already know, green moat on side of teal is passable which results in the worst defensive capabilities of that clan (you can avoid all defences by going via water),
- Additionaly mountains surrounding Dreadfire (Orange) clan are passable from south which gives enemy ability to just move his army freely into base,
- Sometimes the most south east orange tower spawns in front of wall. Still don't know what causes it. There is possibility that this is a result of designated space being occupied by unit (the same situatuion as with great fire),
- If great fire is in the middle of Stronghold control point, you can't capture it,
- If you firstly buy barricades at control point menu, then construct outpost, you automaticaly gain a whole circle of barricades around outpost,
- Constructing barricades raises their cost for each and every owned control point,
- Sometimes weird stuff happens with constructing outpost at control point while there is fight going on. Noticed that newly constructed outpost pushes back enemy units. One game I nearly constructed outpost while enemy took that CP, resulting in him getting that outpost. Funny enough after just recapturing it, I automaticaly got my tower back. Happened once though,
- Vile Strongholds towers captured by another player first are pain in the ass cause they can't be recaptured, and people just leave them in rubble to rebuild at crucial moment and deny ability to erect defences,
- Walls dividing mines interior should be made wider cause atm one can cast certain spells to hurt miners which is not logical at all,

# Heroes skills
- Spearmaster's (Red Shadow) Eagle's Intuition while active doesn't display additional damages in hero menu (but it works from what I observed along with attack speed buff which is visible),
- Stormcaller's (Blue Wisdom) Stormfury Aura doesn't display in units menu (can be mistaken though),
- Defiler's (Teal Blade) Domination passive description isn't clear for me. Description says it has some chance to reduce dmg by 25. Levels list tells it is 30% to reduce dmg by 40. I am interpreting this skill idea correctly though?
- Warlock's (Teal Wisdom) Consume is kind of half useless atm, cause teal can't get any undead units,
- Trapper's (Yellow Shadow) Throwing Nets perma immobilise enemy heroes. Only way out is by killing such hero. Even though I love that hero, it shouldn't be that way,
- Untamed (Green Blade) ultimate ability - Unstoppable Charge can't be cast on enemies. Additionaly if cast on enemies in the back and units between hero and target, charge will stop at first unit collision. I think that it Shouldn't work this way and was designated to just knockback/bypass units between Hero and target. In the end it is melee hero and ability is called unstoppable.
- Beastmaster (Green Shadow) ultimate ability can be learned at level 1 and upgrades as it was just normal ability. Additionaly Beast Bond (passive) doesn't work and doesn't display,
- Shaman's (Green Wisdom) ultimate ability can be learned at level 1 and upgraded as it was just normal ability. Additionaly his Wisdom ability affect unit's withouth mana which is really bad. It should work the same way as Stormfury aura (only on units with mana),

#Other
- Sometimes multiple heroes are spawned instead of 1. Once it spawned 2 Guardians of the Pass for Grey, other time it spawned 3 Undefeatable for ornage.
- Path specific unit are mess. Please unlock them all for all,
- Crafting. I know I had already gained answer on that matter. I'll still plead for it cause I think that reenabling crafting triggers won't be as time consuming and I don't want more items. Being able to test heroes with items would be nice for future reference,
- Moving Fortress eat unit ability (swallow was it called?) - unit inside isn't digested properly making it 1 time trick,
- Dragons Welps in Dragonspire give like 30 experience each. Please increase experience gain from them because atm it isn't worth it even though you gain dragon scale worth 50g,
- I also think that we should remove experience cap for neutrals. Ogres cave outside of team mode is not worth clearing cause too much experience is going for waste, and it demand too much unit for sacrificing in order to clear and get access to iron inside,
- following previous idea, we could just change human's event spawned knights from player unit to neutral unit without taking away that oportunity for leveling past level 5,
- Winter still only slows units, not damaging them so great fire isn't as important as it could be, pings about units being attacked is annoying, standing near great fire doesn't counter winter debuff,
- Population still does nothing. My idea is simple. Make starting max population = 50. Each population upgrade would give additional 50. Fully maxed base would have 200 max population which is a lot (not every game I hit 120 units mark which is 10 full control groups). If people find it to be too limiting you can add 20-50 population bonus for each vile stronghold. Also give each orc 1 population requirment and maybe 5 population for both kodo and moving fortress. This is temporary quick solution,
- Crashes are rarer but ECONNETS disconnects are often,

I'm thinking about Stormhowl clan since some time ago. I'm thinking about changing their grunts passive to make it little better (offensively) with certain hero cause currently they are the worst grunt's in the game by far (one of the lowest hp and dmg on top worst passive ability).

I am making compilation of my biggest fights from replays. Will upload on youtube and link here as soon as it will be done. And I'm halfway done.
Enjoy and hype!

CheerS!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
- Pact of Blood doesn't work properly cause usually 2 out of 8 players aren't allied. While I was watching replays I think that I found out source of that problem. People can still be allied to removed humans players,
- Mercy is a mess if someone is captured 2nd time. Alliances don't work properly, even though player will change color to the most recent captor, he will still be allied to old one. In some instances old ally can still control that player units and he can't attack him. That problem involves vision too.

-Basically it doesn't work properly if you're not playing as 8 people? The system was designed for 8 players specifically, in fact player 1-8. This should be a easy fix.
-So the defeated player is allied properly but he still treats he old allies the same and not as an enemy. This should be an easy fix too.

Tell me if I misunderstood, I know that these are highly possible bugs now that you mention them and I think back at how my code looks.

I am not in charge of the other stuff so I wont comment on those ^^

Savannah :) (Though it does not really looks like a savannah because of the stones , but whatever , i dont want to see empty spaces plus to give the players a maze challenge hunting their enemies :) )

Savannah Cover
worldedit121 2015-04-16 18-01-25-43.jpg

Screenshots
worldedit121 2015-04-16 18-01-49-12.jpg
worldedit121 2015-04-16 18-01-56-00.jpg
worldedit121 2015-04-16 18-01-58-17.jpg
worldedit121 2015-04-16 18-02-01-01.jpg

---

Cool , one last post and i have 1000 posts :)

Level 2
Argos I'm American central time.

Yeah Savone said some great points and savone I wish we could play again lol I actually hosted a few games where peolpe joined and j didn't really do anything and I let then just learn the game.

Also on the blood pact game mode I played one last night we only had 4 peolpe and I was orange it allyed me to blue but green and yellow weren't allyed which was weird I thought it just ally whoever was in the game.

But I'm really enjoying this game mode also I know it's still alpha I'd love to see more items or dungeons in the game I killed the dragon queen a few times but that's it.

I played stormfury and there wisdom hero his aura only effects your range/magic user guys like my apprentices it shows up on the auras but that's it. Also for there grunts being weak you can kill ogres and get a quick lvl 5 hero and then get ogres for very buff Melle also buy a drummer and blues army is buffed before anyone else's army. Because I played a decent red and once I got ogres he pretty much lose

But that's what I got for now.

Level 2
-Basically it doesn't work properly if you're not playing as 8 people? The system was designed for 8 players specifically, in fact player 1-8. This should be a easy fix.
My experience proves otherwise. I have replay in which player red is allied to player pink (humans). Maybe it bugged out cause pink is in the first 8 numbers of players and grey isn't? This game seems to still register removed humans bastions as players.

-So the defeated player is allied properly but he still treats he old allies the same and not as an enemy. This should be an easy fix too.

Tell me if I misunderstood, I know that these are highly possible bugs now that you mention them and I think back at how my code looks.

I am not in charge of the other stuff so I wont comment on those ^^
And his old allies still treat him as an ally, not enemy. Other than that you are getting the gist of problem.

brunner said:
But I'm really enjoying this game mode also I know it's still alpha I'd love to see more items or dungeons in the game I killed the dragon queen a few times but that's it.
Well I'm kind of sceptic for new items cause I'm afraid of game breaking items. Atm items contribute minimaly to overall gameplay and I like it. Dungeons, mines and others secrets are rlly fun cause they give us that sense of experience giving edge in optiondepartment.

brunner said:
I played stormfury and there wisdom hero his aura only effects your range/magic user guys like my apprentices it shows up on the auras but that's it. Also for there grunts being weak you can kill ogres and get a quick lvl 5 hero and then get ogres for very buff Melle also buy a drummer and blues army is buffed before anyone else's army. Because I played a decent red and once I got ogres he pretty much lose
It should only affect spellcasters units (units with mana) cause in-game desciprtion says it affects units with mana. IT doesn't affect archers, catapults, Kodos or Moving Fortresses. Ogres are nice but can you spam them? Cause they refill time seems so long and it is difficult to mass them without few cp's and/or mines. I usually just clear Ogres Cave to get that +250 gold for killing both Ruthak and his Magi Attendatd on top of his epic weapon and to have safe mining possibility (gems going for 150g can rlly help to save that 600g for last base upgrade). Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Blue Grunts are IMO the weakest cause their base stats but I'm kind of warming up towards their passive abilities (well 15% for 10 extra dmg isn't bad - with luck on average it almost puts them almost on par with rest, and that 5 mana dmg can sometimes remove precious mana from some heroes). Still I'm thinking that just massing archers from start and going for Grey Pass to be able to Train Watchers may be better. Or just making Outpost and spamming Watchers for melee fodder. Dunno if adding like 10 gold to Ogre cost and training Windblades isn't better in most situation cause their whirlwind makes them better at breaking chokepoints. On other Hand you can only have like 5 of them. The same goes for Shamans and Ogre Magi. Still if crafting works then clearing Ogre Cave is so much better cause experience, gold, iron and items.

CheerS!

Level 25
When I did a test system for dividing players into teams, my trigger wasn't completing - it always made 3-4 of the 4 teams and shut down. You probably used that route for the alliance shuffling, and the bug sounds exactly like what I experienced.

The exact place where it stopped was usually random, but I think it has something to do with OP limit (related to the Remove Player function, it works fine when that's removed). The fix will probably be to separate each step in the shuffling trigger by a short timer to bypass the OP limit. Even with that, it'll still only take a fraction of a second to complete.

Level 10
I wrote Chaosy already my suggestion for fix. The point is that Pact of Blood makes teams from players 1-8. Player grey is player 9 and player pink is player 8. That's why it's allying wrong people togheter.

P.S. Nice to see you here rulerofiron ;)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
When I did a test system for dividing players into teams, my trigger wasn't completing - it always made 3-4 of the 4 teams and shut down. You probably used that route for the alliance shuffling, and the bug sounds exactly like what I experienced.

The exact place where it stopped was usually random, but I think it has something to do with OP limit (related to the Remove Player function, it works fine when that's removed). The fix will probably be to separate each step in the shuffling trigger by a short timer to bypass the OP limit. Even with that, it'll still only take a fraction of a second to complete.

I know what caused the player problem, it was kinda because Argos used my Demo code which I didn't intend for him to use due I figured he had an similar trigger already. So I didn't make the demo viable. I am grateful for your will to assist me though :)

Level 10
Sanvone bravo! The video is amazing man! I'm sure it will encourage more and more players to play our map.

Strydy the terrain is neat though still don't understand why you call it savannah. The spires are really cool though. Will we see lava in skullcrush base? Skullcrush clan will be heavy forged armored clan with tons of forges. This model would suit perfectly: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lava-222317/?prev=search%3Dlava%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Chaosy thanks for fix, i will upload quickfix vers T9 soon, with new crafting system added.

I've created a new forum on Diplomunion. There you can find quick updates and latest screenshots of terrain. Their admin will also put advertisments on main page to spread our renown :)

EDIT: I was named a moderator on Diplomunion, lol? http://diplomunion.com/index.php?members/&type=staff

Not sure , i have another interview on april 30 and also my birthday on 29 , but let's see if i can finish it quick since im working on my own project too. :)
Ill try to throw another screenie later , just a continuation of savannah.

---
Alright so what i've promised last time , i am now finished on the savannah and now transitioning back to the grassy land. :)

Last edited:
I feel like you're getting bored waiting on my work, i am very sorry if i am working very slow, honestly i am working with 2 projects and working both projects on alternate (Yours on this day and my project on the other day).
Anyway i am saying this because you might need another terrainer, i mean a substitute terrainer, while i am full of schedule (because it is summer in my country and i will be having a full 1 week of vacation) next week (because it is my birthday). I am not saying that i am leaving this project in dust, i'm saying this because again, i need a substitute terrainer. I recommend Heinvers or marko09.

I hope you understand.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm sad to hear that, but it's understandable. Your terrain in War of the Clans made a great impression on people all over the internet. Just go to diplomunion someday and you will see War of the Clans logos and screenshots literally everywhere. I know that progress with terrain was kinda slow, but the time of waiting was worth it.

I claim that my skills of terraining are enough to finish what you've started, but if they're not, then I will contact someone else for sure. I still don't know what you have planned with Stormhowl clan in south-east and where will we put Bloodbane and Dreadfire, maybe you could do atleast some naked-cliffs to give me a clue?

Thanks man for everything you've done so far and it is a pleasure to work with you.

Good luck convincing Heinvers :p

Personally, I understand. But I am not the guy in charge. (thank god for that!)

Who called in the fleet?
Nah, I'm not available atm.

Yeah well I think that it's worth the waiting time for Strydy's terraining works.
I like it a lot, it usually has great depth and detail-wise work.

Keep it up guys.

I'll try to buy a new laptop this weekend so that i can work the terrain even when i am not at home.

If i fail, then there's no way but to find a substitute terrainer :).

---
Saw this awhile ago
http://diplomunion.com/index.php?threads/new-progress.19102/
That's so sweet.

Anyway, i never thought it is hosted by some other website, that's really sweet man! Now i am more determinated to work your terrain :>

Last edited:
Level 10
I know you're not leaving, I just wanted to point out that you are a great person and a masterful terrainer. You made whole beta-terrain by yourself and you deserve a big credit for it.

No need to buy a laptop just because of this. I didn't want to bother you even more.

EDIT: I asked site manager to make you available to edit New Progress thread. You can post all pictures & whatever there.

Last edited:
Level 2
As T8 constantly crashes (9 of 10 times) I'm unable to get proper material for next compilation on youtube. Still I play some more and start to perceive some heroes differently. I think that I'll wait till T9 comes out cause people start to recognize T8 and it's bugs and are IMO less willing to join. No sense in doing harm.

Here are some more bugs:
- Shadowstalker (Purple Shadow) - ulti doesn't work. It displays but don't work,
- Deceiver (Orange Shadow) - ulti can be learned at level 1,
- Some Vile Strongholds can be captured via single Assasin on Prowl - relocate some defending units onto control points to avoid that abuse (which I created ^^"),
- Direfury Stalkers use Blades upgrades instead of Axe upgrades,

CheerS!

Level 2
Sorry for the noob question,

But why is the map file 8.3 mb? :vw_wtf:

And are you gonna fix the icons? It goes green when you pause the game or view a replay.

And its impossible to host this, you get kicked out.

Last edited:
Level 2
Why can't the map be 8.3 mb in size?

Yes, ill fix the icons in Beta.

Also you can host only test versions under index T on makemehost.com

Did you know that Battle.net or any other program that supports Warcraft III multiplayer has an 8 mb limit right?:vw_wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.