• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] AoS Friends Farm 4.62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Friends Farm 4.6
Created by TykcukON

Map Info:

Friends Farm is AOS map, based on team play for 4х4.
When the game starts you can see yourself on one of 4 camps of 2 teams. Your goal is to destroy enemy altar (every player has one). In the begining you have 30 seconds to choose your hero from one of the 6 taverns (2 players can't choose 2 same heroes). Then you'll have about 90 seconds for shoping in starting shops that are situated in every camp. When the time passes creeps start to charge enemy camps and meet at the center.

Features:

- every player defeats separately;
- shops with main gamplay items are situated in the middle;
- you have to farm bosses to earn money and items;
- you get PvP Points for enemy hero kills;
- you can buy PvP Items for PvP Points;
- most spells are enhanced by hero stats;
- every 10 minutes teams fight in "HAMMERTIME"-arena (TvT);
- epic bosses drop Epic items that drops upon death, but gives much bonuses (but it's hard to kill them).

Some else stuff about map:

- items like in D.O.t.A;
- PvP Items have some differences;
- very important to pick goot party for farming;
- good concept for junglers (buffs in jungle);
- after hammertime in all corners of the middle eminence spawns Tichondriuses with army of Abominations whtich drops all runes of buffs in Friends Farm (they have Divine type of armor, so it's hard to kill them).

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
When you start you see your camp:

216073-albums5884-picture67423.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture67424.jpg

Image Description:
You may go on lane:

216073-albums5884-picture67426.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture67425.jpg

Image Description:
You may go jungle or farm bosses:

216073-albums5884-picture67427.jpg

Image Description:
HAMMERTIME:

216073-albums5884-picture62304.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62303.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62302.jpg

Image Description:
Some bosses and Epic Bosses:

216073-albums5884-picture62308.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62309.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62310.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62305.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62297.jpg

216073-albums5884-picture62298.jpg

Video Description:
Friends Farm 4.62 GAMEPLAY

Credits: Ampharos_222, JetFangInferno, RetroSexual, -Grendel, crl, NewbieMapper, Thrikodius, Champara Bros, Power, JetFangInferno, EvilCryptLord, Daelin, HammerFist132, Callahan, PeeKay, PROXY, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, frostwolf, RED BARON, Boogles, marcus158, Tranquil, 00110000, s4nji, JoySoy, Dan Van Ohllus, Mr.Goblin.

Update Info:

- added 2 lines (top and bottom)
- decreased number of bosses to 4
- more adequate jungle
- right experience ern (now hero doesn't earn exp if he is at the base)
- added a few heroes
- balanced experience gain
- a few little balance changes

Latest Version:

View attachment Friends_Farm_5.01.w3x

:goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 10
the ground texture for the buildings should also be fixed.

and this

explain what is 'like in D.O.t.A', not everyone plays dota and try to make your own explanation about the items.

who is TykcukON ?

1. Items names, bonuses almost like in DOTA, do you think that I have to make a description of every item in my map? There's too much of them...
2. TykcukON is my second pseudonym even the first one :)

Level 28
1. Wow, you really have to say that? Do you know that there are tons of AoS maps that actually created their item from scratch? And to add that they make their tooltips/description appealing by adding fitting colors and other important infos.

Here is a sample to inspire you:

211785-albums5536-picture63508.jpg

You can actually also do that for spell description like this

211785-albums5536-picture57869.jpg

Though you should work on improving the terrain first.

Level 10
1. Wow, you really have to say that? Do you know that there are tons of AoS maps that actually created their item from scratch? And to add that they make their tooltips/description appealing by adding fitting colors and other important infos.

Here is a sample to inspire you:

211785-albums5536-picture63508.jpg

You can actually also do that for spell description like this

211785-albums5536-picture57869.jpg

Though you should work on improving the terrain first.

It it nessesary to show how much damage ability will deal every level if it show it when learned?)

Well, now I have a lot work to do)))

Any suggestions about improving the terrain?)

And one more thing:

02026d2f44b1.jpg

Isn't it informative enough?

take your time, my friend!

this map is not for impatient people :)

You mean that people will not play because of the leak of description?

Attachments

• Vanguard.jpg
    Vanguard.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 187
Level 12
You mean that people will not play because of the leak of description?

haha nope, you misunderstood me !

i'm saying that you should take your time on updating this map because we're not an impatient people and we're hoping for the best of this map :)

of course people will play your map, but it will attract more people to play your map if the map looks more attractive :)

so, the items are copies of DOtA items ?

i saw Vanguard, Vladimir's Offering, Mechanism and Khadgar's Pipe of Insight. :ogre_icwydt:

Level 28
Its informative enough but i'm trying to tell you that it attracts casual players to play your map, i don't know why you hate it badly, but organizing the items/spells description is so relaxing specially if you see the beautiful results just like on my item/spell descriptions. And please no dota items, i know they're good but if you want to have a more original map then be creative on your own ideas.

Level 10
haha nope, you misunderstood me !

i'm saying that you should take your time on updating this map because we're not an impatient people and we're hoping for the best of this map :)

of course people will play your map, but it will attract more people to play your map if the map looks more attractive :)

so, the items are copies of DOtA items ?

i saw Vanguard, Vladimir's Offering, Mechanism and Khadgar's Pipe of Insight. :ogre_icwydt:

I got your point) I'll take it over when I finish this semester :ogre_haosis:
What about dota items - I decided to take them because I like them and people will snap up more quickly...

Once I played Life on Arena... I came, took a hero, startet to look what item what bonuses gives... didn't get anything good... lost the game and don't play anymore)))

Guys, what don't you like in my Terrain?

Level 10
Well the originality will be in question if you just copy the items from dota, you should encourage people to play your game as it is and not being a shadow of dota.

About the terrain, well its below the normal standard if you'll ask me.

Well... I can't say that I copied items from DOTA, I made them by myself))) but they almost like in DOTA...)))

see the difference :)

Shadows Of Everwood

well AOS map doesn't really depend on the terrain, but i can't see the reason why it's wrong to improve them :)

Wow! Thet's realy nice!
You got the point! I realy have to overimpove it! :ogre_haosis:

Level 16
see the difference :)

Shadows Of Everwood

well AOS map doesn't really depend on the terrain, but i can't see the reason why it's wrong to improve them :)

You shouldn't link an ORPG map to show its terrain, it can be kinda misleading; certain things just suck when made on an AoS map. I'd rather show him Red vs Green, or any other AoS map, with great & playable terrain. :)

Level 12
You shouldn't link an ORPG map to show its terrain, it can be kinda misleading; certain things just suck when made on an AoS map. I'd rather show him Red vs Green, or any other AoS map, with great & playable terrain. :)

i'm really sorry. i didn't mean to link an ORGP map, i was about to link Invasion in Dusk'Wood' i think. I thought Shadow of Ever'Wood' was an AoS map :vw_death:

Level 10
................I would rather play dota than this....
Most people would say that if this is just a shadow of dota....i know you effort them....ICEFROG WILL BE ANGRY TO YOU......just joking..

You know, it is pretty dificoult to make an AoS map that not looks like DOTA... T.W. I made items almost like there...

I didn't expect that you would play my map instead of dota... I know, my map is on DOTA's 3.~~~ level now... But Hive Workshop is the only help that I have... :goblin_cry:

Level 12
i didn't see any improved terrains ... still looks the same...

anyway, i played as mega butcher and after using the meat hook, the hook is still there...

210329-albums5809-picture64194.jpg

and then i was forced back to lobby and get a fatal error.. i didn't know what caused it...

Level 10

anyway, i played as mega butcher and after using the meat hook, the hook is still there...

210329-albums5809-picture64194.jpg

and then i was forced back to lobby and get a fatal error.. i didn't know what caused it...

It was because you played alone and didn't type -solo :ogre_hurrhurr:
You see, this game is for several people and if you wanna play alone - you must type -solo or you will be kicked after 2 seconds of a gametime)
what about the hook - I still can't find the problem why it happens...

Level 10
try to create a better text messages indentation, it looks messy and hard to read..

okay, I'll try)))
don't stop checking it please)))

Why are you saying that?( I made smooth surface, I changed trees, I added some torches, decorations and special effects! Isn't it the improvement? If not - tell me what exactly I have to improve and what do you mean when you say "improve"?

Last edited:
Level 12
okay, I'll try)))
don't stop checking it please)))

okay

Why are you saying that?( I made smooth surface, I changed trees, I added some torches, decorations and special effects! Isn't it the improvement? If not - tell me what exactly I have to improve and what do you mean when you say "improve"?

i knew you did changed the terrain, but it's still looks the same... @_@
it needs a good combination of tiles, i see some ugly lordaeron summer tiles there...

anyway, i don't want to criticize your terrain deeper, i'm not a terrainer either.

Status
Not open for further replies.