• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

manipulating items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi.
So I've been playing with this image about a pvp map where the items gain can easily be lost/stolen.

Like the idea of a hero whose skill lvls 1/2/3 will drop/use against/take away the weapon of his enemy.

Maybe make like an aos map where the basic units also drop basic weapons you can freely pick up and use incase you lose your original weapon.

I like the idea and it kind of counter-acts the thing where you farm and farm for your ultimate inventory and then no worries. Think if then your items are still not safe :>

That's all well but how to make this idea grow into a multiplayer map?
I will enjoy your comments.

Level 8
I don't know. I've also been thinking of idea for a map where you hero grows in strength as it kills and declines while its not killing. There could be benchmarks where a hero could gain use of a powerful spell like if you've ever played Call of Duty on xbox when u get a good kill streak u can call in a choppa. Something similar. Maybe I can bind these ideas.

The setting could be in an arena like Footman Frenzy but your team doesn't make creeps instead there could be neutral hostiles spawn continuously in the centre. Teams would fight over kills while the creeps would gradually get stronger. Enter the bosses who will spawn occasionaly bestowing auras to nearby creeps and the only way to defeat them is have a high combo while using teamwork. Watch your back as the other team may take advantage of the situation!

The thing with the items idea is that which I've said is only good for one hero. If all heroes have that ability it wouldn't be fun and so the difficulty is to make another way to affect items with abilities. Creating a lot of weapons that creeps drop seems silly if only 1 out of 9 heroes will be using them. Also that ability to disarm and such seems a little unbalanced on its own. I can't think of an idea to rival it.

What do you think?

EDIT: Adding an idea:
Another way to manipulate items would be to have a hero based from a smith who could maybe pick up 2 weak weapons and create a stronger one from it.
Another could have a demonic hero who could call apon the void to grant him a powerful weapon/armor for a while.
Any others someone can imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.